Instant Pot pancake bites are the perfect pressure cooker breakfast. Use protein packed pancake mix, traditional or make gluten free pancakes in minutes!
These Instant Pot pancake bites are so fun! We made protein pancakes with blueberries as you can see here, traditional Instant Pot pancakes as well as gluten free pancakes when a friend came over. Once you have an Instant Pot egg mold the possibilities are endless! One of our favorite breakfast Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 12/18, affiliate links present)
We first began with making these pressure cooker egg bites that are similar to a crustless quiche.
Great when taken on the go for breakfast on busy mornings.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
This is what we used for our first batch, we will share other methods below as well but if you haven’t tried protein packed pancake mix it’s pretty good and great if you’re on a lower carb diet.
- I added fresh blueberries to this batch because that is my favorite fruit and a great size for pancake bites I thought.
- I probably wouldn’t use frozen blueberries or another berry for that matter.
My thought is that they’d sweat a bit in the cooking process and would make the pancake bites a bit wetter.
They may not cook thoroughly all the way through if so.
I’d imagine diced fresh, yellow, bananas would work well too though. That is our next add in.
For the protein pancake mix you use:
- 1 cup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 c blueberries if you choose to add those
This will make 1 full batch of pressure cooker pancake bites which is 7 total.
Like I said this Instant Pot egg mold works really well and does not require any non stick spray as it is made of silicone and allows you to literally POP the pancakes right out with no issue.
It does stay warm for a little while once you take it out but cools off rather quickly so you can push one out on to a plate and serve them.
- Refill them and make another round if you want more too.
If you have ever “baked” anything in your pressure cooker you do know that there is a bit of a different texture so don’t be alarmed if it is bit off from traditional pancakes.
These are a great crazy morning breakfast option for us…and we hope you love them too.
Looks yummy right??!!
Instant Pot pancakes
- Instant Pot egg bite silicone mold to make bite size pancakes while pressure cooking
- Pancake mix – this Kodiak cakes protein packed pancake boxed mix works best
You can use this gluten free pancake mix too to make Instant Pot gluten free pancakes
- Water or milk – depends on what pancake mix you use, follow directions on back of box
- Maple syrup for dipping when donbe
- Blueberries – optional add in but really good
- Chocolate chips – optional but tasty add in
- Large bowl
Difference between protein pancake mix and other mixes
- Protein packed is a bit more dense but has a ton of protein per pancake bite
- Traditional pancake are a bit fluffier
- Gluten free pancake mix is a great option when needed
Other Instant Pot breakfast recipes
Pressure cooker apple pie filling is yummy poured over the top of these, or dipped in it
- Sweet Pressure cooker churro bites are like donuts for breakfast
- 1 minute Instant Pot apple crisp is just to die for
- Pressure cooker donuts are so good and fun to make for breakfast!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Time needed: 13 minutes.
Instant Pot Pancake Bites
Pour 1.5 c water into your Instant Pot, lower your trivet inside your pot. Use flapjacks directions on Kodiak cake box which requires 1 c mix + 1 c water. Mix well.
Add blueberries if you like. We used fresh fruit. Pour pancake batter into each hole inside your egg bites mold, 3/4 full. Cover with foil and lower into your pot on top of your trivet.
Set to pressure high pressure for 8 minutes cooking time. Do NOT quick release. Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then release rest of steam.
Carefully lift mold out, remove foil, allow to cool enough to handle mold. Flip egg mold over on to a plate and pop each pancake bite out of each hole.
Eat with a small cup of syrup to dip them in.
Print recipe below or just come back next time you want to make these again and again.
Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- Pour 1.5 c water into your Instant Pot, lower your trivet inside your pot.
- Use flapjacks directions on Kodiak cake box which requires 1 c mix + 1 c water. Mix well. Add blueberries if you like. We used fresh fruit.
- Pour batter into each hole inside your egg mold, 3/4 full.
- Cover egg mold with foil and lower into your pot on top of your trivet.
- Set to pressure high for 8 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, then release rest of steam.
- Carefully lift mold out, remove foil, allow to cool enough to handle mold.
- Flip egg mold over on to a plate and pop each pancake bite out of each hole.
- Dip into syrup and enjoy!