How to make slow cooker copycat Cheese It snack mix with nuts. Easy party food kids and adults all love with your favorite crackers or Chex cereal.
You have got to make this copycat Cheese It snack mix recipe in slow cooker for your next party! With all different nuts, crackers and seasonings galore it is an addicting treat that is perfect for any get together. Just one of the easy Crockpot recipes we have shared on our blog recently. (affiliate links present)
Slow Cooker Snack Mix
We make a lot of air fryer snacks and this could be cooked that way too. You are just warming and slightly crisping the outsides once the seasonings are added so it’s just a bit of time until you get the texture you want.
Yes you can certainly buy this all bagged up at the store. Those are full of preservatives though and really carb heavy. This way you can make more of a mixed nut mix of sorts with just a bit of your favorite cheese crackers to lighten it up.
Copycat Cheese It Snack Mix
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Air Fryer Snack Mix
You could follow the same recipe below but preheat your hot air machine to 350 degrees F and add about half so it doesn’t overlap a lot. Heat for 3 minutes, toss, add another 2-3 minutes until crisped. Allow to cool down and then enjoy.
If you didn’t realize already, Cheese Its have more than just their classic cheddar versions now. You could use any of a combination of a few of them for this. In this one their Puff’D variety was used. If you want more of the square classic look you certainly can just stick with that.
- A cup (or more) of Cheese It crackers
- Buy pistachios shelled to save yourself a bunch of time
- Lightly salted almonds are great
- My family loves cashews so those are a must
- Whipped egg whites will allow the seasonings to stick well
- I have all the seasons you need below, or you can buy this pack that is already done for you
- 1 or more baking sheets so it can cool once the party mix is done
When to add the crackers is up to you. I like to just fold them in at the end when the shredded parmesan cheese is folded in. If you really wanted to coat those with more flavor you could add them with the nuts. Just note that they will break apart a bit.
Slow Cooker Chex Mix
There is a ton of variations when it comes to making Cheese It snack mix. If you would rather have walnuts than one of the others listed, go right ahead. Need a lot, just double this recipe. All you are doing in the heating process is drying the nuts back out and getting those outside flavors to really stick.
Another thing people love is to add Chex cereal or pretzel squares and cheese flavored puffs. If you add your cereal mixture, pretzels or mini toasted bread slices at the end you can really include just about anything. Your seasoned salt mixture is just to really bring a bold flavor to the nuts, the rest are already nice and cheesy.
I have even added some of our copycat Dot’s honey mustard pretzels into the mix if I made it for school snacks the night before. You can print recipe below but here is a quick step by step to get you started.
Get all of your ingredients out on your counter. Look in your pantry and see what you have on hand, there may be other fun real cheese salty pretzels in there you can throw in.
Snack Mix with Nuts
- Spray the inside of your crock with non stick spray. In a large bowl combine all of your different types of nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg whites and pour on your nuts. Toss so they are nicely coated. Then add seasonings and toss again gently.
- Pour into your slow cooker and cook on high for 1.5 hours stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Toss with parmesan cheese at the end of the time and pour all on baking sheet to completely cool.
- When room temperature, pour this into a bowl and gently toss in your cheese flavored rice balls, crackers, wheat squares and cheese pretzel sticks.
- To make a Chex mix recipe with cereal you’d go with the rice version of that for best results.
You can keep it on the sheet as is and serve it up that way, or I like to pour some in cups so people can grab one and walk around.
Keep in mind that if you have little ones, you might want to make more of a cheese salty pretzels mini style without nuts instead. You don’t want a choking hazard with little ones, and nut allergies are real so always check with guests to ensure this isn’t an issue beforehand.
For a really high protein snack to pair with this, give our air fryer edamame a whirl!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Cheese It Snack Mix
- Spray inside of crock with non stick spray. In a large bowl combine nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk egg white and pour on nuts. Toss so they are coated. Add seasonings and toss again gently.
- Pour into slow cooker and cook on high for 1.5 hours stirring every 15-20 minutes. Toss with parmesan cheese and pour all on baking sheet to completely cool.
- Add this into a bowl with cheese crackers and/or Chex cereal and toss everything together.
- Can store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks to enjoy.