Pressure cooker egg bites are the perfect protein packed breakfast for busy mornings. A great Keto Instant Pot recipe with just a few ingredients and taste just like the ones you buy at Starbucks.
Do you buy Starbucks egg bites in the morning with your coffee, well I did for a long time until I figured out how to make these pressure cooker egg bites at home!! You can add just about any ingredients you like, but this version is meat free but still full of flavor and great when you’re on the go. We’ve even had them for dinner. 😉 Yet another favorite easy Instant Pot recipes added to our list here on The Typical Mom.
I have made hundreds of easy Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom and the first time I attempted Instant Pot hard boiled eggs they were gone that very day…needless to say we’re an egg loving household.
- I got this Instant Pot egg bites mold from Kitchen Deluxe (who generously sponsored this post) and worked on a recipe for Instant Pot egg bites we’d love too – 15% off using code TYPICALM at checkout
- It’s one of my favorite Instant Pot accessories I recommend.
These are the ingredients for this batch of pressure cooker egg bites we used
- Cheese – we used Swiss
- Fresh spinach
- Bell pepper
You can see many of the items here before we prepared them. I made a few batches, one with less cheese and more eggs, and this one with the opposite. We enjoyed more cheese personally but you could cut the cheese amount in half and add 2 more eggs instead if you’d rather.
That is why this egg bite recipe is so great, you can customize it to your liking.
We went for a vegetarian version this time but if you had leftover meat you could dice it up and add that too, I’d just cut down the cheese by 1/2 cup and add in 1/2 cup pre cooked meat you may have on hand.
Here are a few tips for making the best pressure cooker egg bites
- Precook your meat and vegetables you’re going to add
- It is important to precook your veggies too to decrease the amount of water so it cooks properly
- Use a large measuring cup to whisk your ingredients together so then you can pour it into your Instant Pot egg bites mold easily with little to no mess
- Add herbs and spices you like, pretend you are making an omelette and add what you normally would if making 6 eggs at a time
- Cover the egg bites mold tightly with foil before lowering into your Instant Pot
- Use a trivet with handles like you see here and/or create a sling out of foil so you can lift it out easily when it’s done
- Take your egg mold out immediately once the timer goes off and you allow it to naturally release for 4 minutes as to not overcook them
- Remove foil immediately
- Pop Instant Pot egg bites out of the mold immediately and put them on a plate
- There will be a bit of water at the bottom of each hole because of the steam and you don’t want the egg to sit in that too long, the texture won’t be good
When your egg bites are done they will be a bit puffy but smooth once you pop them out and flip them over.
- Of course the overall appearance of them will vary depending on the ingredients you add but if you follow the ratio I’ve provided below they are sure to taste just as amazing as ours were and make a fabulous breakfast. They will also pop out of your Instant Pot egg bites mold (15% off with code TYPICALM at checkout)
super easy without needing to spray the holes at all which I love.
A protein packed breakfast, almost like a copycat Starbucks egg bites recipe that takes just 15 minutes to prepare and cook right at home!
Give it a try and let us know what you add to yours!
Here’s a video showing you how we made our egg bites.
Here are a few other great pressure cooker breakfast recipes we’ve enjoyed:
- Instant Pot blueberry muffins
- Instant Pot pancake bites
- both of these will use this same egg mold
- Pressure cooker breakfast bundt cake
Pressure Cooker Egg Bites
- 6 eggs
- 1 c cheese shredded, I use swiss
- 1 shallot diced or 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1/3 c spinach fresh, diced
- 1/2 c bell pepper diced, any colors
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- On the stovetop in a pan, med. heat, add shallot/onion, diced fresh spinach, and diced bell pepper, cook for about 2 minutes just until moisture is cooked out.
- Scramble 6 eggs in a bowl, add vegetables you cooked briefly on the stovetop.
- Add cup of shredded cheese, any hard cheese works, we use swiss.
- Add salt and oregano if desired, whisk all ingredients together with a fork.
- Spoon or put mixture into a measuring cup and pour egg into egg bite mold. Will fill all 8 spots evenly, just below rim.
- Cover egg mold with foil.
- Add 1 1/2 c water into your Instant Pot. Put egg mold on to a trivet with handles and lower down into IP.
- Close lid and steam valve and set on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release steam for 4 minutes, let out rest of steam and lift trivet with egg mold out.
- Remove foil and pop egg bites out of mold and on to a plate. Serve and eat immediately for best taste!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉