Ninja Foodi chicken pot pie is a cheap and fun family friendly recipe to make for dinner! A hearty dish that can be made in one pot now.
Time for Ninja Foodi chicken pot pie y’all! OR skip the biscuits and have some pot pie soup. Either way it’s an incredible meal in less than 30 minutes flat. Just one more easy Ninja Foodi recipe we love.
I bet you had a meal like this in your childhood.
And you can remember whom was with you when you ate it, and maybe the conversations that were had when eating it. It’s a classic.
If you too are obsessed with your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker air fryer machine, here are a few resource to start with:
- You can bookmark our Ninja air fryer recipes page, we add to that weekly.
- Grab a Foodi cookbook here, we love this one.
- Then join our Ninja Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have an air fryer page that shares daily ideas too.
If you need to know how to cook frozen meat in a pressure cooker, we have information on that. NO, you aren’t the only forgetful one. 😉
Like I said, you can totally omit the bread portion and enjoy some pressure cooker chicken pot pie soup as well.
We have done that several times and either served dinner rolls on the side or not at all.
Chicken pot pie ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Chicken broth or stock
- Minced garlic
- Refrigerated biscuits
- ready made pie crust can be used too
- use frozen Rhodes rolls, defrosted for 1 hour
- or make homemade biscuits
Chicken pot pie Ninja Foodi
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started on this one.
Well, this is kinda’ a way to make one. You’ll use the pressure cooker function as well though to make the “filling”. Air crisp lid will be used at the end to cook the biscuits or pie crust on the top.
This occurs when the cook time you input has elapsed and it is starting to naturally release the steam. If you want a quick release you’ll need to avoid it from counting up and flip the steam valve when it hits 0.
Originally it was created on a ship as an easy way to use up leftover chicken. Adding vegetables and liquid into the mix and baking it inside pie crusts made it a “new meal” that everyone loved.
Of course you could use other proteins too, especially after Thanksgiving. We love an easy leftover turkey pot pie as well. Use what you have I always say!
Pressure cookers are amazing. To be able to cook chicken breasts from raw to so tender that it falls apart with a fork in 12 minutes has been a game changer for us.
Better yet, being able to cook frozen chicken in a pressure cooker takes it even a step further.
Let’s be honest, I can be kinda’ forgetful and with this kitchen hack I can always have a homemade dinner on the table each night.
- If you’re going to make chicken soup and skip the carbs then you’ll stop at this step.
- Yes you’ll still take the protein out, dice it up and put it back in with the vegetables.
- Add the milk and thicken with some flour but the biscuits can be left off.
Just ladle it out into bowls and enjoy.
Ninja Foodi chicken pot pie
BUT if you want the whole shebang, then keep going and add that extra layer on the top.
That is where the Foodi comes in handy. You can air fry or bake / broil the crust and not transfer it to another dish.
- NO oven or broiling necessary with this pot.
- Let’s face it, who wants more dishes to wash anyway??
Do all the chopping and prepping, then you can throw it all in and go.
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Ninja Foodi chicken pot pie
- Add ingredients
Put everything except milk, flour and biscuits into your pressure cooker.
Close pressure lid (lid that isn’t attached) and pressure release valve and set to high pressure for 12 minutes then quick release the pressure. Complete quick release and carefully lift the lid away from you.
Remove chicken and cut/dice on a cutting board.
Select sear saute button and bring contents to a boil. Whisk in 1/4 c. flour until smooth and contents begin to thicken. Then add milk and chopped chicken.
Allow to boil again, stirring for about 5 min. so sauce can continue to thicken.
- Add topping
If using a Ninja Foodi leave filling inside pot and turn saute function off. Close crisping lid and select 360 degrees for 8 minutes for biscuits, flip each one over after 4 minutes. For pie crust select broil for 9 minutes.
Using an Instant Pot; transfer this chicken filling to a prepared baking dish (spray with non stick spray). Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Put biscuits evenly across the top of your chicken filling. Or lay refrigerated pie crust piece across the top
Transfer mix to a baking dish. Lay biscuits on top. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until biscuits have browned and cooked through. Can brush with melted butter on tops when done if desired too.
Allow dish to cool for 15 minutes after it is done before serving so it can continue to thicken
Talk about comfort food in no time. For a traditional but simple chicken pot pie it will take you closer to an hour to prep and bake. With this, cooking is complete quick.
You can really use whatever you have on hand as far as vegetables go when you add the broth to the pot. Load it up if you like. Just remember to keep the pieces large. Most veggies are softened in about 3 minutes on high.
- For crispy biscuits set time to 10 minutes or so, but I do recommend flipping them halfway thru.
- If you use a sheet of pie crust there is no movement required and it will cover the entire top like a pie.
Normally I recommend that you preheat for 5 minutes before starting but for this it wouldn’t be possible, that is okay.
Ready?? Give it a whirl and let us know if you made any yummy adjustments. After you enjoy this one, try our:
- Ninja Foodi stew using small beef pieces.
- Our cheesy Ninja Foodi spaghetti is very popular!
- To make something similar to this on the stovetop, follow our turkey pot pie soup recipe.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie
- Add first 10 ingredients into your pressure cooker. Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 12 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Remove chicken and cut/dice on a cutting board.
- Turn pot to saute and bring contents to a boil. Whisk in 1/4 c. flour until smooth and contents begin to thicken. Then add milk and chopped chicken.
- Allow to boil again, stirring for about 5 min. so sauce can continue to thicken. If using an Instant Pot, transfer this chicken filling to a prepared baking dish (spray with non stick spray).
- If using a Ninja Foodi leave filling inside pot and turn saute function off. For Instant Pot preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put biscuits evenly across the top of your chicken filling. Or lay refrigerated pie crust piece across the top
- In Foodi, close air crisp lid and select 360 degrees for 8 minutes for biscuits, flip each one over after 4 minutes. For pie crust select broil for 9 minutes.
- If using Instant Pot, transfer mix to a baking dish. Lay biscuits on top. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until biscuits have browned and cooked through. Can brush with melted butter on tops when done if desired too.
- Allow dish to cool for 10 minutes after it is done before serving so it can continue to thicken.