Crockpot lava cake with cherries is amazing! It is the best dump crockpot dessert we have ever made and so easy to make in your slow cooker too!
Ok, if you are looking for a rich ooey gooey dessert you can cook in your slow cooker you’ve got to try this cherry crockpot lava cake!! We make a crockpot dump cake often but this time I was going for chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. It was amazing!! Here’s one of our favorite slow cooker desserts, find all of them here in our crockpot recipes. (originally published 8/16)
This crockpot lava cake is now on the list of easy dump cake recipes!
Yes it is as rich as it looks!! It is amazingly good. Make sure you have a tall glass of milk with it too. 😉
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
I love crockpot cakes because they turn out so ooey gooey and moist and I don’t have to heat up my house to bake them (plus no frosting is needed since it’s sweet enough).
You just need 4 ingredients to make this and you can use just about any pie filling. I think cherry is best.
This recipe was inspired by a strawberry version I saw on Crockpot Recipe Exchange, I just tweaked it to suit us better and it came out fantastic. I also made a version in my Ninja Foodi I called air fryer cake.
The great thing about dump cakes as I call them is you can dump everything in your crockpot about the time your dinner is ready. By the time you’re done eating, cleaning up, and have room for dinner your crockpot dessert is done.
If you don’t have a larger crockpot like this one here is my favorite one you can grab too.
Crockpot lava cake
- Chocolate cake mix
- Chocolate chips
- Cherry pie filling
This is how easy it is to make a Crockpot cake in your slow cooker!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Lava Cake
- Cover bottom of crockpot with pie filling, add the bag of cake mix on top of that evenly.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the cake mix, then evenly spread the bag of chocolate chips on the very top.
- Cover the top of the crockpot with a paper towel and then place lid on top of that.
- Turn on low for 2 – 3 hours, 2.5 is usually perfect. Do not overcook! You want it to be ooey.
Make it a yummy one my friends! 😉