Crockpot cake that tastes amazing!! So easy to make these mini chocolate cakes in a slow cooker that are done in just an hour and an ooey gooey texture.
Have you ever made dessert in your crockpot?? Well I am all about using my slow cooker on a weekly basis, even in the Summertime, so the thought of making dessert in one too is right up my alley. Check out this chocolate fudge crockpot cake recipe that’s to die for and easy to make! Here’s how you make one of our favorite dessert crockpot recipes. (originally published 4/16, updated images, affiliate links present)
The other great part about these chocolate fudge cakes is they bake in their own dishes so there isn’t much mess when it’s all said and done
If you have never had fudgy chocolate crockpot cake it is incredible.
It is super moist with almost a fudge like quality to it but rises slightly like a cake….delicious.
I have several sizes of crockpots. Each one is a slightly different shape and size and I like them all. If I am cooking a dish to bring to a potluck during the holidays I like my 8 qt or if I am just making a hot dip I like my casserole size.
For this recipe we made an easy homemade chocolate cake vs. using boxed cake mix.
This is what you will need to make this mini crockpot cake recipe
- Large bowl
- 4 ramekin dishes and of course a crockpot
- I like this crockpot the best for this recipe though I have probably 5 of different sizes and shapes.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, set aside 4 ounces
- 4 tbsp. of salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Vanilla ice cream for the top
- You are going to beat your eggs (for about a minute – set aside)
- Then beat sugar, salt and vanilla on medium for about 30 seconds
- increase speed to medium high and beat in eggs for 8-10 min. or until they become a thick pale yellow color.
- Add in your melted chocolate and melted butter mixture. Mix on medium for about a minute.
- Then add flour and mix for 30 seconds on medium to low.
- Portion your cake batter into 4 ramekin dishes.
- Add an ounce or so of remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Add 2″ of water into the bottom of your slow cooker to cook crock pot chocolate cake.
- Put inside crock, cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours or until the mixture is slightly firm but still soft.
- under baking them will create more of a lava cake consistency
- cooking on high isn’t recommended
- toothpick inserted should come out semi clean with a little sticking
- Serve with ice cream, powdered sugar, whipped cream and maybe berries on top
Enjoy your heart out with this slow cooker dessert!
SO these are two ways of how to bake a cake in a crockpot!
- You can make them in individual serving dishes quickly
- Or you can make crockpot chocolate cake with fruit filling like you see here
- There are pros and cons to both but either way get ready for some deliciousness
- homemade may run you 30 minutes for prep and all
- crockpot dump cakes can be thrown together in closer to 5
If you’re looking for a quicker method you can use these instructions for more of a dump cake. It is good but takes longer to cook. Making it inside the actual crock will require you to spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. If not, you’ll have a few days of scrubbing to do.
- Our Crockpot monkey bread is great
- Double up with Crockpot brownie cookies or brookies
- Crockpot sesame chicken is great
- Creamy slow cooker rice pudding is fantastic
Here is the entire printable recipe for you to refer to.
- You are going to beat your eggs (for about a minute - set aside)
- Then beat sugar, salt and vanilla and beat on medium for about 30 seconds, and then increase speed to medium high
- Beat in eggs for about 5 min. or until they become a thick pale yellow color.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave until smooth. Add this in slowly, mixing on medium for about a minute. Then add flour and mix for 30 seconds on medium to low.
- Portion your mixture into 4 ramekin dishes.Add an ounce or so of remaining chocolate chips on top. The more you add the gooier they will be
- Add 2" of water into the bottom of your slow cooker to cook these crockpot chocolate cakes.
- Put inside and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until the mixture is slightly firm but still soft.Add powdered sugar and maybe berries when done!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!