You have got to try this slow cooker pizza casserole recipe. It is amazing and my kids all time favorite meal! So easy to make this Crockpot casserole and great for dinner or a party with kids. You really can’t go wrong combining pizza and pasta together!
This Crockpot pizza casserole is seriously one of our favorite meals! It is packed with tasty sauce, cheesy goodness, and pizza toppings all in your slow cooker! It’s one of our family favorite crock pot recipes. Sponsored by Ragu. (originally published 3/16, affiliate links present)
Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Bake
Not only is it a great dinner for your family, but it’s great when you’re having a get together for the big game or other reason. If you’ve tried our Crockpot lasagna recipe, this one will become one of your favorites too.
You can add all your favorite toppings like sausage, olives and more. Let me show you just how easy this slow cooker pizza pasta is to make.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Bake
I know, yes……it IS that delicious!! You and your kids can thank me later. 😉 Now when you’re thinking pizza think of your favorite toppings. This easy crockpot recipe is really versatile so you can make it as plain or packed with toppings as you want.
We opted for pepperoni and sausage this time, but throwing in some olives is great too!
Their traditional style of sauce and the quality of their sauce goes perfectly with several of our favorite meals throughout the week and when I’m planning for get togethers like the big game.
1 pack of 3 will be enough for both of these meals, and The Big Game party I’m putting together….done!
Crockpot Pizza Casserole Recipe
You can go ahead and grab the mozzarella cheese, penne pasta (usually sold in a 5 pack of 1 lb. boxes), and any toppings you generally like on pizza while you’re at the store.
- I use my 6 qt. crockpot to make this with
- I use an entire bottle of Ragu (love the traditional flavor of this sauce)
- 1 1/2 lbs. of penne pasta
- 3 cups of cheese and all my toppings.
If you are having a smaller get together you could cut this in half and use a smaller slow cooker.
Crockpot Pizza Pasta
Now first you will want to get a pot of water boiling to cook your noodles. I boil them until they are al dente because they will cook a bit longer and soften a bit when you put them in with all the other ingredients.
Shred your cheese and cook your sausage or any other uncooked meats you want to put into your pizza casserole.
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole Recipe
Now pour some Ragu on the bottom of your crockpot just to cover it, maybe 1 1/2 cups. Then we are going to layer our other items kinda’ like lasagna. Put about 1/3 of your noodles on top of your sauce, then your toppings, then your mozzarella cheese, then layer again.
- I usually have about 3 layers so I divide (eyeball) each things into thirds and layer that way. End with your cheese and just what’s left over of your sauce at the top. Here’s how easy it is to make.
If I am having people over I will make this at about noon to have it ready by 2ish. Then turn it on “keep warm” and leave it for the duration of time we have guests over.
That way people can get up to serve themselves 2nds….and 3rds throughout the day. I’m telling you this will be a hit!! Here is a printable recipe for you.
Crockpot Pizza Casserole with Elbow Macaroni
This is what you’ll need to pick up to get started:
- Spaghetti sauce
- Pepperoni – we use mini pepperoni
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Small pasta – we used penne but you could use macaroni noodles too
- Favorite pizza toppings
- A sprinkle of Italian seasoning too if you like
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes, try these:
- Crockpot pizza is fun to try
- Our slow cooker cheesy potatoes are great for a brunch
- Slow cooker Korean beef served over rice is always a winner
Pizza Casserole Recipe
If you have a pressure cooker you can make this even quicker by following our Instant Pot pizza pasta instructions. Watch the video in this post showing you how to make pizza casserole, then get started.
- This makes a large batch feeding 8-10, you can cut this in half if you want it to serve just your family 4-5 or so.
- Boil pasta beforehand until it is still a bit al dente.
- Cook just until no longer pink ground sausage or beef in a large skillet with any diced onions and/or green bell peppers if you want. Set aside.
- Add a cup or so of pizza sauce to bottom of slow cooker, (add precooked ground beef or Italian sausage green pepper mix now if you want). Then add a cup and a half or so of your noodles, then some cheese, pepperoni, and any other toppings you like.
- Continue to layer in this manner (about 3 layers) until all ingredients are gone.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours just to melt things together and finish cooking pasta.
This is a great football party food because it is a hit with everyone. Once you spend the 30 min. or so preparing your Crock pot pizza casserole you won’t have to touch it again. You can just turn it on warm and enjoy yourself.
It’s great for busy days too because your family will love it and it can stay warm for a few hours. Bonus – it’s great the next day warmed up for lunch too!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
- This makes a large batch feeding 8-10, you can cut this in half if you want it to serve just your family 4-5 or so. Boil pasta beforehand until it is still a bit al dente.
- Add a cup or so of sauce to bottom of slow cooker, then a cup and a half or so of your noodles, then some cheese, pepperoni, and any other toppings you like.
- Continue to layer in this manner (about 3 layers) until all ingredients are gone. Put lid on crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours just to melt things together and finish cooking pasta.