You have got to try this slow cooker pizza casserole recipe. It is amazing and my kids all time favorite meal! So easy to make in your crockpot and great for dinner or a party with kids. You really can’t go wrong combining pizza and pasta together!
This slow cooker pizza casserole is seriously one of our favorite meals! It is packed with tasty sauce, cheesy goodness, and pizza toppings all in your crockpot! Not only is it a great dinner for your family, but it’s great when you’re having a get together for the big game or other reason. Special thanks goes out to Ragu® for sponsoring this post. Let me show you just how easy this slow cooker pizza casserole is to make, it’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes. Special thanks goes out to Ragu for sponsoring this fun recipe. (originally published 3/16)
I know, yes……it IS that delicious!!
You and your kids can thank me later. 😉 Now when you’re thinking pizza think of your favorite toppings. This easy crockpot recipe is really versatile so you can make it as plain or packed with toppings as you want.
We opted for pepperoni and sausage this time, but throwing in some olives is great too!
You’ve got to add this slow cooker pizza casserole and my crockpot lasagna recipe on the meal rotation!
Their traditional style of sauce and the quality of their sauce goes perfectly with several of our favorite meals throughout the week and when I’m planning for get togethers like the big game. 1 pack of 3 will be enough for both of these meals, and The Big Game party I’m putting together….done!
You can go ahead and grab the mozzarella cheese, penne pasta (usually sold in a 5 pack of 1 lb. boxes), and any toppings you generally like on pizza while you’re at the store.
- Now for this crockpot pizza casserole recipe, and to fill a 6 qt. crockpot
- I use an entire bottle of Ragu (love the traditional flavor of this sauce)
- 1 1/2 lbs. of penne pasta
- 3 cups of cheese and all my toppings.
- If you are having a smaller get together you could cut this in half and use a smaller slow cooker.
Now first you will want to get a pot of water boiling to cook your noodles. I boil them until they are al dente because they will cook a bit longer and soften a bit when you put them in with all the other ingredients.
Shred your cheese and cook your sausage or any other uncooked meats you want to put into your pizza casserole.
Now pour some Ragu® on the bottom of your crockpot just to cover it, maybe 1 1/2 cups.
Then we are going to layer our other items kinda’ like lasagna. Put about 1/3 of your noodles on top of your sauce, then your toppings, then your mozzarella cheese, then layer again.
I usually have about 3 layers so I divide (eyeball) each things into thirds and layer that way. End with your cheese and just what’s left over of your sauce at the top. Here’s how easy it is to make.
If I am having people over I will make this at about noon to have it ready by 2ish….then turn it on “keep warm” and leave it for the duration of time we have guests there so people can get up and get 2nds….and 3rds…..I’m telling you this will be a hit!! Here is a printable recipe for you.
This is what you’ll need to make this slow cooker pizza casserole recipe
- Spaghetti sauce
- Pepperoni – we use mini pepperoni
- Mozzarella cheese
- Small pasta – we used penne
- Other pizza toppings
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes, try these:
If you have a pressure cooker you can make this even quicker by following our Instant Pot pizza pasta instructions.
Here’s a video showing you how to make pizza casserole.
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 45 oz
- 1 c mpepperoni mini size is great
- 3 c mozzerella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 lb penne pasta precooked in separate pot on stove until al dente
- any other pizza toppings you like
- This makes a large batch feeding 8-10, you can cut this in half if you want it to serve just your family 4-5 or so. Boil pasta beforehand until it is still a bit al dente.
- Add a cup or so of sauce to bottom of slow cooker, then a cup and a half or so of your noodles, then some cheese, pepperoni, and any other toppings you like.
- Continue to layer in this manner (about 3 layers) until all ingredients are gone. Put lid on crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours just to melt things together and finish cooking pasta.
This slow cooker pizza casserole is a great recipe for a party because it is a hit with everyone and once you spend the 30 min. or so preparing it you won’t have to touch it again during the party itself, you can just turn it on warm and enjoy yourself.
It can stay in there for a few hours and is great the next day warmed up for lunch too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu®. The opinions and text are all mine.
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!