This slow cooker korean beef recipe is great served over rice or for shredded tacos too. Easy crockpot beef packed with flavor and simple to make.
If you love easy crockpot recipes you should try this 5 ingredient slow cooker Korean beef! Tender shredded beef with a sweet and tangy sauce cooked all day in your crockpot is my favorite way to cook…..and costs under $20 to feed all 5 of us. That’s a big win!
Here’s what our slow cooker Korean beef looks like when it’s prepped, that’s it.
Just mix your 5 ingredients together, lay your chuck roast inside your crockpot, pour your mixture on top, close your lid and set on low for 8 hours.
When you get home just shred and allow that to sit in the juices for a little bit to really soak it all up and then make Korean beef tacos. Our favorite way to serve this anyway.
How to serve slow cooker Korean beef
- Shred beef when done and put into tortillas topped with homemade cole slaw or an Asian cole slaw mixture + a drizzle of sauce from the crockpot.
- If you don’t have tortillas on hand just make a pot of Instant Pot white rice and put it on top + a drizzle of sauce from the pot, that is an amazing dinner too.
- For a keto friendly dinner serve as is on a plate with a side of vegetables.
If you haven’t made an Asian style sauce before we have made a few with slightly different flavors and we love them all. The sauce we made for our Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs is wonderful and could be substituted for the sauce below. You can adjust the heat level in that one to be intense or very mild.
That being said, if you have your own Korean beef sauce recipe feel free to use that too. Just use our post to help you gauge how long to cook it and on what temperature.
This is what you will need to pick up to make this slow cooker Korean beef recipe
Here is the printable recipe to keep on hand.
Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a dish and whisk together until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- In a large bag marinate the steak with the sauce mixture overnight or at least for 3 hours in the fridge.
- When ready add the steak and remaining marinade in bag into your slow cooker with 1/2 c of water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, then remove to a cutting board and shred meat. Can put back into crockpot with remaining sauce on warm if serving for a party or serve immediately in small tortillas to make Korean beef tacos.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉