This Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake is so simple to make and a perfect breakfast or brunch treat! A moist dessert cooked right in your pressure cooker.
This Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake is amazing!! We enjoyed it for breakfast, had it as an afternoon snack, and then enjoyed a slice after dinner that night too! Such a simple recipe that comes out incredibly moist in your Instant Pot! This is definitely one of our favorite dessert Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 8/17, affiliate links present)
- If you’ve never made a dessert inside your fancy pressure cooker it is quite easy. I have made many decadent chocolate cakes, brownies, and now this bundt cake.
- My whole family agrees that they like it more than when I’ve made it in the oven because the moisture is locked in tight.
Here’s how it’s made and a list of other Instant Pot dessert recipes too.
I bet you didn’t know you could “bake” in your Instant Pot did you?? Well I didn’t try for quite some time when I got it at first. I just used the pressure cooker function for dinners.
Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake
- Mix batter as directed
- Spray your 6 c. bundt pan (this is the size you’ll need to fit)
- Spoon batter until pan is 3/4 full
- Cover with foil
- Use a trivet on the bottom of your pot and surround with 1.5 c. of water
- Lower pan with batter on top of trivet
- Close lid and steam valve and set for 25 minutes
- Allow to naturally release
- Lift out and allow to cool
- Flip over on to plate and enjoy or pour melted vanilla frosting on top
Sometimes I even add some Strawberry Lemon Collagen Beauty Water into my Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake. It provides a bit of a vitamin boost you need to support healthy hair, skin and nails with a sweet taste.
- That is totally up to you.
Of course it is yummy in a glass of cold water too and gives it a cool lemony strawberry flavor. Thinking outside of the box you can add it to a batch of cupcakes, or a even a jug of homemade fresh squeezed lemonade!
As I’ve gotten older I will say that I need all the help I can get for my hair and nails.
After 3 kids, stress, and just the business of life they have definitely paid the price. Even my hair dresser has noticed a difference in the past year. She’s the one who recommended I include collagen in my diet.
THIS is an easy way to get the extra BOOST we all need in just one little scoop. It can be used in a multitude of ways like this one……
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Lemon Poppy seed Cake
- Put flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl add softened butter, sugar, egg, yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice. Use a mixer on low to mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredient bowl and mix on low until well combined.
- Fold in poppy seeds and 1 scoop of Vital Proteins if you're adding that.
- Spray inside of 6 cup bundt pan.
- Spoon mixture in to your bundt pan, spread evenly (do not fill more than 3/4 full).
- Cover with tin foil.
- Put a trivet or small glass cup/bowl at bottom of Instant Pot.
- Pour in 2 cups of water around the bowl
- Fold another pc. of aluminum foil diagonally like a bandana to make a sling for the bundt pan, place underneath so there are handles to lift it in at the top sides.
- Place bundt pan on top of trivet and closet lid.
- Set Instant Pot or pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high, for 25 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release.
- Lift lid and remove foil from bundt pan.
- Take out of Instant Pot and let it set until it cools a bit.
- Carefully flip over on to a cutting board or cake plate.
- Warm a bit of vanilla frosting or combine a bit of water with powdered sugar to make a frosting.
- Drizzle on top, add lemon zest on top if desired.
You seriously have to give this a try! Make it for brunch when people come over, for breakfast or a dessert too. Either way it is so yummy and moist!