Fresh squeezed lemonade recipe using just 3 ingredients to make the best lemonade ever. You’ve got to try this, we make it year round.
Ok so we have a lemon tree in our backyard…..and it’s been there since we’ve lived here…..and I never did anything with them, until now!! I have always loved fresh lemonade at the fair and at the mall when I can find a stand but never thought of making it myself. Somehow I thought there was a lot involved until I tried it myself and it was so easy. Seriously, I should’ve been making this fresh squeezed lemonade recipe years ago…it’s amazing! (originally published 8/16, affiliate links present)
- Literally I couldn’t believe how easy homemade lemonade would be to make! I was just so tired of throwing away all the lemons that fell off of our tree and went unused. I figured there had to be a way of using them to make our favorite summertime drink.
We love fresh lemonade when we are at the fair. I fooled around with the right amounts of lemon juice to water to sweetness ratio, and this came out just perfect! Now we make it all the time!
What you need to make this fresh squeezed lemonade recipe
- Measuring cup
- Lemon juicer
- or fine mesh sieve if you are using your hand to squeeze (catches seeds)
- Fresh lemons
- there’s no substitute for fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- can boil water and sugar to make a simple syrup
- this ensures the sugar is dissolved so juice has a smooth consistency
- we don’t always do this, depending on how “in a hurry” we are
- could use 1/2 cups liquid sweetener instead
- 5 cups of water
- add more water if it is too sweet or tart for you
- Pitcher (this one is adorable for parties)
- Mason jars for “glasses” (love these with lids and straws included)
This obviously makes one batch, about 7 c. of liquid. If you want more just double the cups of lemon juice as well as all other ingredients.
If you want to make a simple syrup to dissolve your sugar this is how you do it:
- In a small saucepan add you water and sugar
- Once it begins to boil stir it slowly
- Allow it to bubble and dissolve the sugar until no more graduals are seen
- Then remove from heat and allow to cool
- Add your lemon juice and stir
- Refrigerate and serve when cold
Like I said, we’ve done it both ways. Many times we just want it right then so we don’t bother with the boiling and just add the sugar in with room temperature water. Stirring for 1-2 minutes will dissolve some of it and stirring between servings will mix it up enough.
- Our batch has never lasted beyond everyone having a glass and the pitcher immediately becoming empty. lol
This homemade lemonade recipe is a great source of vitamin c too, and tastes amazing!!
- You might think store bought bottled lemon juice would be the same but it just isn’t. Squeezing it fresh at home is just such a difference and it never lasts in our house. Seriously, it’s gone that day
If you love this fresh squeezed lemonade recipe you will love this
If you don’t have a lemon tree you can just as easily pick up about 8 in the store and make your own fresh squeezed lemonade at home.
- This is super easy to make and ready to serve in just about 15 minutes.
Chill for best results but can be served room temperature with a bucket of ice beside it too.
Fresh squeezed lemonade recipe
- 1 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c sugar
- 5 c water
- Squeeze lemons into measuring cups, remove seeds. Pour sugar into bottom of pitcher, add lemon juice, stir until sugar dissolves. Add water, stir. Add a few lemon slices into pitcher, add lemonade and serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉