Crockpot pork chops with apples is amazing! You’ve got to try this easy slow cooker recipe packed with flavor and a healthy recipe all on it’s own.
Are you in love with easy crockpot meals like I am?!! Well here is a great one for crockpot pork chops. It is a hearty meal that turns out super tender on it’s own because it slow cooks all day by itself! Here’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 1/17)
Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops
With the added fruit it brings a bit of sweetness to the dish which tastes fabulous and the kids love too.
It’s all about throwing it in and it being ready when you’re home. Pork chops are a pretty inexpensive meat and really really flavorful.
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
If you don’t use your crockpot regularly and are busy like we are I highly recommend you start using it. You can make the ultimate comfort foods with little to no prep time from you.
These slow cooker pork chops come out fork tender every time. Whip up some mashed potatoes and dinner is done. You can even use the drippings, whisk in gravy mix in a small bowl, bubble over medum heat, and top both of them.
I love this 8 or 6 qt. crockpot because it’s just enough for the 5 of us with a bit of leftovers from time to time.
Unlike other slow cooker recipes there is just 1 added step to these crockpot pork chops. You need to brown them in a skillet first.
- Just 5 minutes or so and they will be done. Then you throw them in with everything else to “simmer”.
Add a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper while they’re getting browned to bring out some more flavor.
- Layer your apples in the bottom and put your browned pork chops on top of those and then your cooked onions, the rest of your ingredients, and then cook for 4-5 hrs. on low.
Crockpot pork chops
- 6-7 bone in pork chops
- Apples – your choice, I prefer Fuji or red
- Chicken broth or just cold water for liquid
- Spices such as garlic powder salt and pepper to season meat is a necessity
- Pressure cooker applesauce is a great side dish for this
- Slow cooker apple butter is great on top of these pork chops as well
- Our amazing pork tenderloin slow cooker recipe is amazing too.
With all of the sweet and salty ingredients that have been cooked in, this is a really tasty meal. Try it and let us know what you think!
Time needed: 4 hours and 30 minutes.
Crockpot Pork Chops
In a large bowl season pork chops with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sage and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
Add two tablespoons of oil to a pan. Once oil is hot, add pork chops to the pan. Brown for 3-4 minutes per side.
Layer the slices of two apples to the bottom of the crock pot.
Once pork chops are browned, layer pork chops over apples.
With the rest of juice from the pork chops and one tablespoon of additional oil, add in the onions and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Layer cooked onions on meat in your pot. Add rest of ingredients, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hrs.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot pork chops
- In a large bowl season pork chops with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sage and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a pan. Once oil is hot, add pork chops (3-4 at a time) to pan.
- Brown pork chops, 3-4 minutes per side, flipping only once. Meanwhile, layer the slices of two apples to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Once pork chops are browned, layer pork chops over apples.
- With the rest of juice from the pork chops and one tablespoon of additional oil, add in the onions and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer cooked onions over the pork chops in your crock pot. Add rest of ingredients, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hrs.