Crockpot pork chops with apples is amazing! You’ve got to try this easy slow cooker recipe packed with flavor and a healthy recipe all on it’s own.
Are you in love with easy crockpot meals like I am?!! Well here is a great one for crockpot pork chops that is a hearty meal but turns out super tender on it’s own because it slow cooks all day by itself! With the added fruit it brings a bit of sweetness to the dish which tastes fabulous and the kids love too. Here’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 1/17)
It’s all about throwing it in and it being done when you get home right. Pork chops are a pretty inexpensive meat and really really flavorful.
If you don’t use your crockpot regularly and are busy like we are I highly recommend you start using it.
I love this 8 or 6 qt. crockpot because it’s just enough for the 5 of us with a bit of leftovers from time to time.
Unlike other slow cooker recipes there is just 1 added step to these crockpot pork chops, you need to brown them in a skillet first.
- Just 5 minutes or so and they will be done and then you throw them in with everything else to “simmer”.
Add a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper while they’re getting browned to bring out some more flavor.
- Layer your apples in the bottom and put your browned pork chops on top of those and then your cooked onions, the rest of your ingredients, and then cook for 4-5 hrs. on low.
Crockpot pork chops
- 6-7 pork chops
- Apples – your choice, I prefer Fuji or red
- Stock – chicken or vegetable
If you want to cook pork chops fast try our pressure cooker pork chops recipe.
- Pressure cooker applesauce is a great side dish
- Slow cooker apple butter is great on top of these pork chops as well
With all of the sweet and salty ingredients and the pork chops that have been cooked and then slow cooked again it is a really tasty meal. Try it and let us know what you think!
Here’s the printable recipe:
Crockpot pork chops
- In a large bowl season pork chops with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sage and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a pan. Once oil is hot, add pork chops (3-4 at a time) to pan.
- Brown pork chops, 3-4 minutes per side, flipping only once. Meanwhile, layer the slices of two apples to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Once pork chops are browned, layer pork chops over apples.
- With the rest of juice from the pork chops and one tablespoon of additional oil, add in the onions and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer cooked onions over the pork chops in your crock pot. Add rest of ingredients, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hrs. or high for 2-3.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉