This easy 5 ingredient Samoa cake recipe is amazing! Make into a bundt or mini bundts, covered in caramel, coconut, and chocolate for a slice of heaven.
So I am all about easy recipes, and desserts! We love Girl Scout cookies and since we can’t get them year round we decided to make these easy 5 ingredient samoa cake bundts! Using just 2 ingredients for the cake, and using ready made caramel sauce and chocolate you can whip these up really quickly and let me tell you they are ahhhhmazing!!! We first made this 2 ingredient strawberry cake and it was so delicious and easy we decided to take it a step further and think outside the box from there. I’m thinking of trying a Thin Mint version next! 😉 (affiliate links present)
This what you will need to make this samoa cake:
- Mini bundt cake pan
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- Root beer
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Jar of caramel topping
- Mini chocolate chips (I recommend using just a touch of coconut oil so it melts smoother & easier)
Of course you can opt to make a bundt cake instead of mini bundt cakes, the only difference would be the baking time. I like making mini versions because each one has more coconut and caramel on it and you don’t have to bother with messy cutting.
They are really pretty served this way on a plate, everyone gets their own and they’re already portioned out. If you love samoas Girl Scout cookies you will just love this cake version. 😉
- Chocolate cake mix
- Root beer
- Caramel topping
- Chocolate chips
Here’s how it is done
- Combine the box of cake mix with root beer.
- Use a mixer on low to make sure it is mixed well.
- Spray inside of mini bundt cake pan holes well.
- Put about 1/2 c. of mix in each hole, about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until they spring back when touched gently on the top.
- Allow to fully cool.
- Use a pan on the stove with some shredded coconut in it and toast until lightly browned.
- Loosen edges and carefully flip over on to remove mini bundts.
- Put on cooling rack with parchment paper underneath to catch excess toppings.
- Pour caramel topping over each bundt followed by toasted coconut, then use a fork to drizzle chocolate on the very top. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉