Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding is the most amazing pressure cooker dessert you will ever make. It’s quick, smooth, and full of chocolate!
Seriously, you have got to try this Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding, it is amazing!! I thought of making this after my Instant Pot rice pudding recipe was such a huge hit on social media. I thought I could make another one with a chocolate twist…and it turned out so good I had to share it! Of course anything is better with a little chocolate right?? I basically used the same easy recipe in my pressure cooker and added a few tbsp. of cocoa powder. It’s one our long list of easy Instant Pot recipes where you can find lots of other ideas! (originally published 4/17)
You can enjoy this Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding as is. Or topped with a little sprinkle of powdered sugar and chocolate chips is great too.
It’s so rich and creamy that you only need a little bowl full for dessert but seriously, you will make this over and over again when you see how easy and delicious it really is.
Check it out…..
We were always huge fans of rice pudding but when I got my Instant Pot and made it for myself in less than 15 minutes it became our go to pressure cooker dessert of choice.
I can throw this Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding in when we sit down to eat dinner. Then when are done it’s done!
There are 5 of us and this recipe is just enough for us with NO leftovers ever!
I have doubled this before but quite frankly it is best when made in smaller batches like this. If you need more just throw in another since it’s super quick to make.
This is what you need to make Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding
- Uncooked rice
- Cocoa powder
- Evaporated milk
Looking for more pressure cooker recipes?
- Instant Pot potato corn chowder
- It’s fun to make Instant Pot popcorn
- The best Instant Pot tapioca pudding recipe
Instant Pot Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 1 c uncooked rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's dark)
- 2 c milk (2% or whole is best, almond milk is good too)
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- Put your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on saute and add your butter until it melts.
- Add your uncooked rice and stir.
- Add your milk and water and stir.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and your cocoa and stir well until well combined and it resembles chocolate milk color without any cocoa clumps.
- Put lid on IP and close pressure valve.
- Set to manual, pressure, high for 14 minutes.
- When it beeps do a quick release and lift lid carefully.
- In a small bowl combine egg and evaporated milk and whisk together.
- Add 1/2 c. of hot rice pudding mixture from pot in with your egg/milk mixture, stir.
- Add another 1/2 c., stir, then add that mixture into your IP.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and when it begins to bubble stir slowly for about 2 minutes or until it thickens a bit. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉