Sticky sweet air fryer monkey bread will make your mouth water! If you haven’t made dessert in your Ninja Foodi yet you’re in for a treat. It’s like our easy monkey bread recipe in the oven but you don’t have to heat up your whole house to do so.
Air fryer monkey bread is the best breakfast or dessert ever!! It is a great way to make a small batch treat for just a few people in no time. Try it in your hot air machine tonight and let us know what you think! Favorite easy air fryer recipe ever! (affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Monkey Bread
We have made this monkey bread with refrigerated biscuits for years. It is an easy treat to serve when guests show up or for brunch during the holidays with your family. With only 5 main ingredients you can really whip it up in no time.
BUT sometimes I don’t want an entire bundt pan for the 4 of us and want a small batch instead. That is where this comes in really handy. If you have one of these “magic machines” you should try it yourself too, and maybe share with others. 😉
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Monkey bread in air fryer
You will just need one pan to make your creation and slide it into your basket. It is gooey so you can’t put it right into your air fryer basket. I assure you that it will come in handy for other things though too.
- Air fryer pan
- Large refrigerated biscuits
- alternatively you could use refrigerated or frozen Rhodes cinnamon rolls
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
- Powdered sugar and milk create a glaze for the top
Chopped nuts are optional but a nice add in for texture and flavor. For this one we used chopped walnuts since those aren’t too crunchy and make a nice sort of crumble on top.
Air Fryer Monkey Bread Bites
As with our traditional oven baked easy monkey bread recipe, you will need to cut each biscuit into fourths. You could use cinnamon rolls and follow this same method, I love both ways but the 2nd is sweeter.
The sauce is easy to make and creates a sticky sweet sauce so each piece is coated with YUM and irresistible to eat.
Well you can make any style, like our pumpkin monkey bread in the oven to bake. This time we used our air fryer to make it though and it turned out absolutely delicious!
We have bought it frozen and heated it up in the microwave. That is good but homemade is always better! Honestly it’s so easy there’s no excuse not to.
What can you use instead of a bundt pan for monkey bread?
I don’t always use that round pan. I have used an 8×8 disposable aluminum pan before. This time we used an air fryer pan, that worked well too. Anything works really.
Air Fryer Monkey Bread with Cinnamon Rolls
Once you have them quartered you’ll want to add all the sweetness to the outside. That means either tossing them in a bowl with sugar and cinnamon , or using a freezer bag.
Either way works great, you just don’t want to leave the biscuits on the countertop too long so they’re sticky. This will cause them to stick together and not pull apart once baked like they should.
- You could skip the cinnamon and just gently toss in sugar if you preferred. That part is up to you.
- Now it comes to a little layering.
- If you use nuts, put some at the bottom and the very top. Those are optional of course.
Spraying the pan with non stick spray is a must, especially if you’ll want to slide it out and serve it on a plate when it’s done.
Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread
This is what it looks like before cooking, the top, and when it is done but before glazing at the bottom.
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Air Fryer Monkey Bread
Cut biscuits into 4ths. You can roll into balls or leave as is. In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, toss biscuit pieces in this mixture so they’re nice and coated.
Spray inside of air fryer pan with non stick spray, lay down a layer of nuts. Add coated biscuits, topped with more nuts.
- Mix sauce
In a small bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar. Stir together and spoon over biscuits.
Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes. Put pan inside and cook for 10 minutes. Then carefully lift out pan and cover with foil.
Continue cooking for 15 minutes or until the middle biscuits in pan are no longer sticky.
For icing mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Put plate over top of pan and carefully flip over so monkey bread slides out. Pour icing over the top and serve.
Of course you could serve as is right out of the pan but adding that additional layer of sweet glaze and some more nuts is a must for us. The pan will be hot so it is best to flip it over on to a plate when done.
This is where the non stick spray is important. If you put a plate on top and use pot holders to carefully flip the pot over it should slide right out.
- Then pour your powdered sugar frosting over the top and let everyone dig in.
Air Fryer Monkey Bread Bundt Pan
Looking for other air fryer desserts? If you’re looking for another fun way to make this breakfast / dessert idea, you can make monkey bread in a smoker too! We did it the other night and OH MY was it a really big hit with everyone.
- We have made air fryer cake that is ooey gooey filled with chocolate “lava” inside.
- You could have air fryer donuts sometime too.
- And if you haven’t made our air fryer cookies you’re missing out!
Our oven baked traditional or chocolate monkey bread is amazing too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Monkey Bread
- Cut biscuits into 4ths. In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, toss biscuit pieces in this mixture so they're nice and coated.
- Spray inside of air fryer pan with non stick spray, lay down a layer of nuts.
- Add coated biscuits, topped with more nuts.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar. Stir together and spoon over biscuits.
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes. Put pan inside and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then carefully lift out pan and cover with foil. Continue cooking for 15 minutes or until the middle biscuits in pan are no longer sticky.
- For icing mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Put plate over top of pan and carefully flip over so monkey bread slides out. Pour icing over the top and serve.