How to make air fryer stuffed peppers for dinner tonight with ground beef or sausage and lots of rice and cheese. Comfort food at it’s best done in no time.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook group where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
Stuffed peppers in air fryer
Yes. Whether you use hamburger meat or ground sausage it will need to be browned in a pan on the stovetop first. Then add other ingredients before stuffing inside.
They actually were originated in Spain to begin with. There, piquillo peppers are used. In the US people typically use bell peppers with the tops removed and cored out.
It isn’t necessary but you can blanch bell peppers first, cool, and then stuff them. This method takes some of the bitterness out and softens the outsides. I do this when baking stuffed green peppers in the oven.
Instead of boiling you can use your microwave! Cover with plastic wrap, cook on the high setting for 5 minutes to soften bell peppers. Remove dish and take off the plastic wrap, then stuff or eat as is.
We are going to use ground beef this time, but spicy ground sausage is pretty amazing too.
Adding diced onions and/or diced tomatoes is optional but a great add in. If you want them quite plain you can just stick with the tomato sauce.
- A great alternative to a can of plain tomato sauce is spaghetti sauce! This will lend more flavor to the dish, I use this if I have it on hand.
Air fryer stuffed bell peppers
Air Fried Peppers
There is a wide range of different stuffed pepper recipes out there. You can really tweak things here and there to create your favorite filling. If you want brown cooked rice instead, by all means use that!
The great thing about using this method and cook time is you get a nice bit of crisp on the edges but the filling stays soft and moist.
I do love our Instant Pot stuffed peppers too but there’s no crisp at all with those.
- Once the cheese is melted on top you’re ready to serve!
- I don’t add a lot of seasonings because there is plenty with the spaghetti sauce. I just add a bit of salt and pepper in with the meat, or whatever I have on hand that sounds good.
Time needed: 25 minutes.
Stuffed Bell Peppers in Air Fryer
- Prepare ingredients
Once your meat is done, drain grease. Add cooked rice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of cheese and any seasonings you like.
- Prepare bell peppers
Slice tops off bell peppers and remove seeds inside. Put in air fryer basket and make sure they will fit when drawer is closed. Fill the hollow insides with your prepared ground beef mixture.
- Preheat air fryer
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Air fry
Put filled and stuffed peppers in the air fryer basket that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Cook for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle on remaining cheese on top and cook another 5 min.
Then you’re done in less than 20 minutes y’all!! If you want the top of the cheese more browned you could increase temp at end to 360 degrees to 400 for a few minutes.
Ready for more air fryer ground beef recipes in under 30 minutes, we have them!
- Our air fryer empanadas are great as an appetizer or main dish. Using pie crust they’re super simple to throw together. Using spicy sausage instead of hamburger works great too.
- We’ve made frozen taquitos in air fryer before. Those can have a beef or chicken filling. Either way it’s the best way to get them crispy.
Another great dinner idea is to make a stuffed bell pepper casserole. All you do is precook the meat and then throw everything together, no stuffing necessary.
Give these a whirl and let us know if you “tweak” them in a way we might want to try the next time we make these. There are SO many variations I tell you, and they’re all so good.
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Cook one cup rice in rice cooker. In a medium pan (or use saute function on your Ninja Foodi to do this part) brown your ground beef with diced onions and seasonings.
- Fold in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked rice and 1/2 c. cheese
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and clean out centers. Scoop this ground beef mixture inside each one and place inside air fryer basket.
- Put as many in that fit without overlapping. Set to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and continue cooking for 5 minutes so it melts and peppers are tender.