Instant Pot fajitas are great and take just minutes to cook to tender perfection. Flavorful marinated beef and vegetables are for dinner tonight!
If you’re looking for a low carb recipe or just some flavorful beef Instant Pot fajitas with lots of veggies that tastes great, you’ll love this idea meal! One more quick and easy Instant Pot recipe you can try at home for dinner.(affiliate links present)
We made this steak fajita recipe in our pressure cooker. We will soon follow this one up with Instant Pot chicken fajitas.
- I will tell you that the trick to making the best fajitas is the marinade you use beforehand.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
You have got to use our dry marinade for steak. Ok I mean if you have your own creation then by all means try that too.
I prefer a dry rub vs. a lot of sauce for this because you don’t really need added liquid. The meat exudes enough of what you need to reach pressure for sure.
This is what our beef looked like after it sat in the goodness overnight….I know, my family loves it!!
Beef fajitas in Instant Pot
- Cut your beef into strips – Or buy it like this in the meat department. It is usually cheaper to cut it yourself (but that is just the cheapskate in me talking).
- You could use chicken breast sliced but cooking time will need to be adjusted to closer to 7 – 15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Slice an onion – we like thick slices
Slice a few bell peppers – a variety of colors is nice but totally up to you
- Use lime juice as the liquid to cook – Electric pressure cooker recipes need liquid. You don’t need a lot for this though because the beef and vegetables will create juices as well as they cook
- Add chili powder if you’d like to add additional heat before pressure cooking begins.
Here’s our pot full…..
Of course you can use lime juice in a container but fresh is always best.
You can also use broth instead of lime if you’d rather but this sure does give it a great added flavor.
We used this same method when we made our Instant Pot tacos too and it works great. If you’re using something other than lime juice I’d say you might need 1/3 – 1/2 cup or so but quite honestly I have never done it that way.
Instant Pot Fajitas
Instant Pot fajitas with beef
- Use this recipe for the best fajita marinade – make this first and you’ll want to leave it in the fridge overnight and cook these in your pressure cooker the next day
- If you don’t use this marinade then alternatively you can make homemade fajita seasoning and add in with your vegetables and season that way
- Beef – cut into strips, the thinner the more tender they will become
- Bell peppers
- Other items if you’re putting this into small tortillas like tacos
- Sour cream
My favorite add on top of my meat would be slices of fresh avocados. By far the best bites ever.
If you only have chicken strips, we do have this crock pot chicken fajitas recipe we’ve made in the past. I will be honest it turns out much better in your IP, Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi.
If you only have a slow cooker though this is an option.
After you try this, try our steak fajita cups too! You can print recipe out below.
Quickly this is how to make them, there is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post too though.
Time needed: 18 minutes.
Instant Pot Fajitas
Marinade your thinly sliced beef overnight (link to the best beef marinade is above recipe card).
Slice onion and add into pressure cooker with beef.
Squeeze 3 fresh limes into the pot ensuring no seeds land inside.
Sprinkle packet of fajita seasoning over everything if you are adding that rather than previously marinading your beef. Mix all ingredients so everything is mixed and/or coated well.
Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 18 minutes. Time will vary depending on thickness of meat pieces and how much meat you are using
This worked well for 2 lbs. cut into med. size strips. Do a quick release. Add bell peppers, put lid on and let that sit for 5-10 minutes until they’re as softened as you’d like them to be.
Serve inside small tortillas topped with fresh cilantro, salsa, sour cream, avocado, or any other fajita toppings.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Fajitas
- Marinade your thinly sliced beef overnight (link to the best beef marinade is above recipe card)
- Slice onion and add into pressure cooker with beef.
- Squeeze 3 fresh limes into the pot ensuring no seeds land inside. Sprinkle packet of fajita seasoning over everything if you are adding that rather than previously marinading your beef.
- Mix all ingredients so everything is mixed and/or coated well.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 18 minutes. (time will vary depending on thickness of meat pieces and how much meat you are using, this worked well for 2 lbs. cut into med. size strips)
- Do a quick release. Add bell peppers, stir together. Put lid on and let that sit for 5-10 minutes to allow those to soften.
- Serve inside small tortillas topped with fresh cilantro, salsa, sour cream, avocado, or any other fajita toppings.