Instant Pot fajitas are great and take just minutes to cook to tender perfection. Flavorful marinated beef and vegetables are for dinner tonight!
Yes we’re back with more quick and easy Instant Pot recipes you can try at home for dinner. If you’re looking for a low carb recipe or just some flavorful beef with lots of veggies that tastes great wrapped in a tortilla then you’ll love this idea meal! (affiliate links present)
We made this steak fajita recipe in our pressure cooker. We will soon follow this one up with Instant Pot chicken fajitas.
- I will tell you that the trick to making the best fajitas is the marinade you use beforehand, we will share the best fajita marinade recipe below for you.
This is what our beef looked like after it sat in the goodness overnight….I know, my family loves it!!
This is how to make beef fajitas in your Instant Pot:
- Cut your beef into strips – Or buy it like this in the meat department. It is usually cheaper to cut it yourself (but that is just the cheapskate in me talking).
- You could use chicken breast sliced but cooking time will need to be adjusted to closer to 7 – 15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Slice an onion – we like thick slices
- Slice a few bell peppers – a variety of colors is nice but totally up to you
- Use lime juice as the liquid to cook – Electric pressure cooker recipes need liquid. You don’t need a lot for this though because the beef and vegetables will create juices as well as they cook
- Add chili powder if you’d like to add additional heat before pressure cooking begins.
Here’s our pot full…..
Of course you can use lime juice in a container but fresh is always best.
You can also use broth instead of lime if you’d rather but this sure does give it a great added flavor.
We used this same method when we made our Instant Pot tacos too and it works great. If you’re using something other than lime juice I’d say you might need 1/3 – 1/2 cup or so but quite honestly I have never done it that way.
Make these Instant Pot fajitas for a big get together. Or serve to your family for dinner and see if you love them as much as we did.
What you’ll need to make these easy Instant Pot fajitas with beef
- Use this recipe for the best fajita marinade – make this first and you’ll want to leave it in the fridge overnight and cook these in your pressure cooker the next day
- If you don’t use this marinade then alternatively you can add this packet of fajita seasoning in with your vegetables and season that way
- Beef – cut into strips, the thinner the more tender they will become
- Bell peppers
- Other items if you’re putting this into small tortillas like tacos
- Sour cream
- Avocado slices
If you only have chicken strips, we do have this crock pot chicken fajitas recipe we’ve made in the past. I will be honest it turns out much better in your IP, Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi. If you only have a slow cooker though this is an option.
After you try this, try our steak fajita cups too!
You can print recipe below.
Instant Pot Fajitas
- 2 lbs beef cut into strips, typically flank steak is used but can use other cuts
- 2 bell peppers I use 1/2 of 4 different colors, sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 limes
- 1 pkg fajita seasoning or marinade beef in homemade fajita marinade, link above recipe card
- Marinade your thinly sliced beef overnight (link to the best beef marinade is above recipe card)
- Slice onion and bell peppers, add into pressure cooker with beef.
- Squeeze 3 fresh limes into the pot ensuring no seeds land inside. Sprinkle packet of fajita seasoning over everything if you are adding that rather than previously marinading your beef.
- Mix all ingredients so everything is mixed and/or coated well.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 18 minutes. (time will vary depending on thickness of meat pieces and how much meat you are using, this worked well for 2 lbs. cut into med. size strips)
- Do a quick release.
- Serve inside small tortillas topped with fresh cilantro, salsa, sour cream, avocado, or any other fajita toppings.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉