Simple ingredients for no bake cookies you can make right now! Chocolate oat dessert that doesn’t need an oven, great dessert for baking with kids.
The ingredients for no bake cookies are quite simple. I bet you have most of them in your pantry right now! These are rich chocolate and oatmeal which kids love and will only need a little help from you to make them. A great baking activity to do together on the weekend or during the holidays.
No bake Christmas cookies
Here’s the part you’ll have to help with. The ingredients need to be melted in a saucepan over medium heat and stir together just until a rolling boil occurs.
- Quickly remove from heat when sugar crystals have melted. Then stir in the oats until coated.
So no there is no baking required, but some “cooking” is needed for these to turn out right. They take about 30 minutes to make start to finish.
Ingredients for no bake cookies
- Quick oats
- NOT old fashioned oats
- Cocoa powder
- Small saucepan
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Can you put no bake cookies on aluminum foil?
I suppose so, but I prefer parchment myself. I rarely use foil.
How long can you store no bake cookies?
First off I suggest you always refrigerate them. You can store them in an airtight container with pieces of parchment paper in between layers so they don’t stick together. That way they’ll last for about 2 weeks.
Once they’re scooped on to your baking sheet refrigerate them for at least an hour so they can solidify. You can tell they’re setting up properly when you pick one up and it stays together.
No bake cookies too dry or gooey?
- This may be because you boiled the mixture for too long. If you overcook sugar in a recipe like this it turns into a crumbly mess sometimes, or is too sticky.
What makes no bake cookies harden?
- The sugar recrystalizes after it cools back down to room temperature which causes it to harden. If they aren’t doing so then you didn’t cook your sugar mixture enough.
No bake dessert recipes
- This is how to make chia seed pudding
- Rainbow rice krispy treats are always fun
- No bake cheesecake and rocky road bars are great too
- Then use your microwave to make our chocolate chip cookie in a mug
- and our no bake pumpkin cheesecake is incredible
Yes there are a lot of fancy no bake desserts out there but we love things like EASY chocolate chip cookies when we’re craving sweets.
We love chocolate no bake desserts like this one because it uses simple ingredients like unsweetened cocoa powder, butter and milk I already have at home. So when I have a sweet tooth I can whip these together in NO time.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
No Bake Cookies
Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. In a bowl put in your oats.
In a pan over low heat melt your sugar and butter, add your milk and cocoa powder then until ingredients have come to a boil.
Add sugar and chocolate mixture into your bowl of oats, stir until oats are coated.
With a tablespoon scoop your mixture on to your cookie sheet, will make about 24. Refrigerate for an hour, enjoy!
Recipe for classic no bake chocolate cookies below, then try our air fryer chocolate chip cookies next.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Ingredients for No Bake Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- In a bowl put in your oats.
- In a pan over low heat melt your sugar and butter, add your milk and cocoa powder then until ingredients have come to a boil.
- Add sugar and chocolate mixture into your bowl of oats, stir until oats are coated.
- With a tablespoon scoop your mixture on to your cookie sheet, will make about 24. Refrigerate for an hour, enjoy!