If you love making desserts with your kids you’ve got to try this no bake pumpkin cheesecake in mason jars treats! Perfect flavors for Fall or year round.
We love baking year round but especially during the summertime and when it’s “pumpkin everything season!” 😉 This year we decided to make no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe in mason jars! Aren’t these fun? I love no bake because I don’t have to turn on my oven, and when you are including your kids in the “baking” process it is much easier to eliminate that step. One part my kids love when making this fun Fall dessert in mason jars is making the “crust”! This is a sponsored post with compensation received from General Mills. All opinions are my own. (originally published 8/17, affiliate links present)
- We thought a few cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal would work great for a layered crust. Graham crackers crumbs would work well too.
Of course smashing it is a lot of fun to get it to just the right consistency. 😉
With just a few ingredients we were able to mix together a no bake pumpkin cheesecake that tasted amazing and a great introduction to Fall!
It’s a fun after school snack to make together.
If you’re using crushed cereal you can grab some labels for Box Tops for Education while you’re at it. We’ve done this for years to earn free money for the kids’ school. I was even the coordinator one year to help them out.
We just have a bowl or container we throw them into. When it’s full we empty them into a baggie and they take it to school so they can be turned in during the next collection date.
Ingredients needed for this no bake cheesecake:
- Cream cheese
- or make graham cracker crust instead
- Pumpkin puree – canned
- Pumpkin pie spice – optional, cute sprinkled on top
- could sprinkle some brown sugar on top too
- or put a dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream to make it pretty
- Marshmallow creme
- Small mason jars
- could use small springform pan instead
- Large bowl to combine ingredients and gently beat the cream cheese, pumpkin and marshmallow creme together
Want more no bake desserts?
- These are the ingredients for no bake cookies
- No bake recipe for scotcheroos
- Our chocolate chip cookie cookie in a mug is great
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 pkg cream cheese 8 oz. - room temperature
- 1/2 container marshmallow creme 7 oz. container
- 3 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 3 c cereal we used cinnamon toast crunch, smashed
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 pt. size mason jars
- Put 3 cups of your cereal into a gallon baggie. Zip to close. Smash them until they are fine, empty into a bowl.
- Melt your butter and pour it into the bowl with your smashed cereal, stir until well combined.
- In another bowl put your cream cheese (make sure it's room temperature)and approx 3 tbsp. of canned pumpkin.
- Use a mixer on low speed to create a smooth pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Do not over mix, it will be thick. Then gently fold in your marshmallow creme.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture into a pint size freezer or pastry bag and place into the fridge for about an hour so it hardens more.
- Put 2 heaping tbsp. of your cereal mixture into each mini mason jar and pat down with the back of your spoon.
- Snip the corner of your freezer bag off and squeeze a swirl of your pumpkin cheesecake mixture on top, followed by another layer of 2 heaping tbsp. full of your cereal mixture.
- Squeeze one more layer of no bake pumpkin cheesecake mixture on top of that and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of CVS Box Tops for Education. The opinions and text are all mine.