These easy butterscotch haystacks desserts are perfect Easter nests and so yummy too. A crunchy and creamy peanut butter treat with chocolate eggs in the shape of a bird nest they are a no bake dessert kids can help!
Have you ever made butterscotch haystacks for dessert? They are a really delicious peanut butter and butterscotch treat that only takes a few minutes to make. You can jazz them up with little add ins depending on what you like. This time we made them into little nests for Easter. A perfect Easter dessert for your get together this year. (originally published 3/15)
- Easter nests are really easy to make!
All you need are crunchy chow mein noodles, butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Then you can add anything else you’d like. We used these fun chocolate egg candies you find at Easter time so they’d look like bird nests!
First you’ll need a muffin pan. It makes them similarly sized and a great way to store them when you’re done. I found all of the ingredients online this time. I have picked them up in the grocery store as well.
This is what you will need to make butterscotch haystacks and a video showing you how we make them:
It is a no bake dessert which I love. It’s also easy for the kids to help you with this easy Easter dessert. We even use the same concept but made mummy haystacks for Halloween that were a real hit!
It’s a favorite, and making them into “nests” is always a hit! I hope you enjoy our Easter nests haystacks recipe. Check out some other easy recipe ideas on my blog and if you’re cooking with kids you should
- try making ice cream at home using just 2 baggies!
- strawberry cake in a mug just takes 2 ingredients
- 4 c chow mein noodles crunchy, in bag
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 24 chocolate eggs 3 per haystack
- Melt peanut butter and butterscotch chips in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals stirring in between times, until creamy. May take 2-3 30 second intervals.
- Add crunchy noodles to a bowl and pour peanut butter mixture on top. Mix well.
- Spoon into muffin tin that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, should make 16 total. Use finger or spoon to make a divot in the middle of each ones so eggs fit.
- Allow to cool and harden for about an hour or so. Can put in fridge to harden faster.
- Pop out of tins and add chocolate eggs. Can easily half this recipe and make just 8 if desired.