Easy 3 ingredient pie crust without food processor using flour, cake mix or Bisquick. All of them are easy and great for cream filling or even pumpkin. Easiest pie crust ever for sweet desserts, or use our pot pie crust for a savory filling.
Three different 3 ingredient pie crust recipes are here! Simple enough for a child to mix together, just roll out, lay inside, and you’re ready to fill. If you too love making quick easy dessert recipes this will come in really handy. (affiliate links present)
All of these options are easy. Most of the time you’ll have all purpose flour but if you love Bisquick recipes that works too. I will include both so you can try both and see which you prefer. Personally I like the one in the recipe card below best, it isn’t quite as dry. Use whole or to make mini pies too.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Bisquick Pie Crust
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and then incorporate your butter and Bisquick together. Then add hot water until it forms a ball of dough.
- 1 cup baking mix or Bisquick
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp hot water
Place on a very lightly floured cutting board and roll out until it is large enough to fill your pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
Mini Pie Crusts
Once rolled out you can push them into a traditional pie pan or small mini ones, or ramekins. It’s also great when I make my spinach quiche for sure. Meaning savory or sweet, it’s a win.
- Soft butter – 1 stick
- Powdered sugar – 3 oz.
- Egg – 1
- Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Salt – ½ tsp
Make the dough. Put the soft butter in a bowl and add powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer Add an egg. Add flour, salt. The dough should be soft. Put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Divide the dough into 2 parts. Roll them out with a rolling pin. Lay one in pie plate, fill as desired. You can use other half to cut out hearts to lay on top.
Bake the pie in a preheated 320 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
How to Make Pie Crust
Yes you can buy store bought and just roll out but once you make this once you’ll realize just how easy it is. No food processor necessary, just a bit of elbow grease and a hand blender to incorporate the ingredients.
- Whisk the salt and flour together. Then add pats of cold butter into the flour mix and use a pastry blender or fork to incorporate into the dry mixture.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time and incorporate until a dough forms (use cold water for best results). Do not add too much so the dough is sticky.
- On a very lightly floured surface roll dough into a ball. Cover and seal the outside with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 120 minutes.
- Remove and roll dough on to your work surface into a round piece to lay into your pie pan. Preheat oven to 425 and bake for 11-14 minutes or until very lightly browned if you want a baked crust for a cream filling. Or fill with pie filling or quiche filling when raw and bake together.
Pie Crust Cutter
As for the edges you can do a few things. Either mold up the sides to the top and leave as is, make larger and use a crust cutter to remove what is hanging over, or fold over to make thicker edges.
Sugar Cookie Pie Crust
A third and very different option, but one that works fantastic with our sheet pan pumpkin pie is made of sugar cookie dough. Well we actually use a box of cake mix but that is what it tastes like. Of course this is a sweet option and could be for a large sheet pan or in smaller forms like our egg nog cookie cups. You will need;
- Box of cake mix
- 1 stick melted butter
- One egg
Another sweeter option is our Graham Cracker Crust for Cheesecake. If you don’t want to crush with a machine, just put into a freezer bag and roll a rolling pin over the top.
Three Ingredient Pie Crust
In a large bowl mix cake mix, 1 stick melted butter and 1 egg. Will make a thick mixture resembling dough, this will be your base or crust. Dump pie dough into a large greased sheet pan cake pan with high sides. Use hands to press on to bottom so there is an even thick layer across the bottom.
Another version for sweeter (and fast) desserts would be our pour over top pie crust!
Butter Pie Crust
Simple as “pie” right?? 😉 For a savory filling I would definitely make our pot pie crust. NO shortening, just butter. If you love baking with your kiddos all of these will be a huge hit because they can really get involved and make mini versions of what you’re making. Give them a muffin tin to make portioned sizes with their own crust to roll out. A few favorite fillings are;
- Instant Pot apple pie filling
- Make our simple chicken pot pie with rotisserie meat and frozen veggies
- You can use ramekins and make air fryer pumpkin pie
Last but not least we have a one ingredient Tater Tot Crust you have got to try if you are making something savory like a quiche.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
3 Ingredient Pie Crust
- Whisk the salt and flour together. Then add shredded frozen or very cold butter into the mix and use a pastry cutter or fork to incorporate into the dry mixture.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time and incorporate until a dough forms. Do not add too much so the dough is sticky.
- On a very lightly floured cutting board roll dough into a ball. Cover and seal the outside with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove and roll dough into a round crust to lay into your pie pan. Preheat oven to 425 and bake for 11-14 minutes or until very lightly browned if you want a baked crust for a cream filling. Or fill with pie filling or quiche filling when raw and bake according to your recipes directions.