Air fryer egg rolls are a must if you love your new kitchen appliance and want a healthy appetizer or dinner idea. With chicken or vegetarian they’re yummy.
If you’re looking for an easy air fryer egg rolls recipe we have it! With bagged cole slaw mix, egg roll wrappers and a 3 other items you can make this crispy appetizer with no oil! Add some shredded rotisserie chicken and it’s a hearty meal everyone in your house will love.
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got, we also have a Cosori stand alone
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. ?
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
Like I said, you only need a few items.
Ingredients needed for easy vegetarian air fryer egg rolls
- Egg roll wrappers
- found in the refrigerated section, usually next to the produce
- Bag of cole slaw mix with carrots
- Soy sauce
- 3.5 oz. Rice noodles
- Egg roll wrappers
Do you boil or soak rice noodles?
Soak the dried rice noodles in cool or lukewarm water for 30 minutes, or until they’re limp but still firm to the touch. Later when you cook them in the wok, they will soften more. Drain the noodles thoroughly in a colander and set aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Ginger paste
- Olive oil
- Could add shredded rotisserie chicken into the mix
- or precook ground pork and add that too
You’ll need a wok or large pan to heat your items together so the flavors really meld together.
After that is done you need to make your little homemade egg roll “packages”.
How do you wrap an egg roll?
You will probably get a different answer depending on whom you ask. Here are the two different ways I’ve done it.
- Lay out one egg roll wrapper with a corner pointed toward you
- Place the mixture in the middle
- Use finger to spread a little bit of water along the edge
- Fold two opposite corners together to make a triangle
- Then fold the sides in and roll the egg roll tightly
Method 2 seen here
- Position egg roll wrapper as you see here with filling in the center of the wrapper
- Fold the bottom point up and across the filling
- Then fold sides in and on top of one another
- Use finger to put water on top edges that haven’t been folded in yet
- Fold top pointed edge over and around the whole egg roll
- Water on edges will seal it closed
Then it is time to use your air fryer to get your spring rolls crispy on the outside.
Unlike our pizza egg rolls that were fried in oil, these are much healthier. I like the taste even better out of the air fryer basket, even though they’re better for me.
This is how you cook egg rolls with this method:
- I have preheated my air fryer when I remember, if not they just take an extra minute or so
- Place the rolls in the basket, not overlapping
- After 5-8 minutes, flipping halfway through they will be golden brown and just like deep fried
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce with a sprinkle of green onions and you’re set!
Looking for more air fryer dinner recipes?
- Air fryer pork chops wrapped with bacon
- Our air fryer hot dogs or chili dogs are a family fave
- Air fried steak
But this is our favorite football party food served every single game.
I haven’t tried our cherry cheesecake egg rolls in the air fryer yet but I bet they’ll be fabulous.
Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- In a bowl mix the already tender rice noodles, cabbage, carrots, onions and soy sauce together.
- On the stovetop cook your cabbage mix on medium heat, add your ginger paste and toss to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add diced precooked chicken now if you want. (if using a Ninja Foodi you can do all this on saute mode)
- Lay one egg roll wrapper out on a cutting board and spoon some cole slaw mixture into the middle of the wrapper.
- Brush the outside of the wrapper with water and fold the sides in like folding an envelope, then roll up.
- May need to add a swipe of water again to end piece so it securely holds together.
- Spray egg rolls with olive oil spray and put into air fryer basket.
- Set to 375 degrees and air crisp for 5-8 minutes, flipping halfway through until outsides are as crispy as you'd like them.