We love Instant Pot cabbage recipes for dinner! If you love cabbage too, and obsessed with your pressure cooker we have a week worth of easy and delicious recipes here!
Looking for a few Instant Pot cabbage recipes? It’s one of our favorite vegetables now, and so versatile! Serve it for dinner or a side dish, hearty with sausage or vegetarian without meat. Any way you serve it it’s just so good. Find more recipes ideas on our Instant Pot recipes post and let us know which one is your fave.
- If you love quick and easy simple cabbage recipes we have a lot to try in your pressure cooker!
One of our favorite chopped cabbage dinners is our pressure cooker stuffed cabbage soup! We also have one that is a bit thicker and heartier.
We call this our Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole! It’s super easy with a quick cooking time. Everyone including my youngest daughter loved this recipe.
You will need:
- Ground sausage – 1/2 spicy + 1/2 regular is my preference
- or ground beef
- Beef or chicken broth
- Spaghetti sauce
- Rice – uncooked jasmine
- Can of tomato soup
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Try our Instant Pot sausage and cabbage recipe!
You will need:
- Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Ground sausage
- Diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
If you want a vegetarian version try our pressure cooker cabbage and noodles recipe and omit the bacon.
Then we’ll move on to a classic dish. The best fried cabbage you’ll ever make.
YES, this Instant Pot fried cabbage base is from my grandma and I just adjusted it to make it in my “quick pot”.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this:
- Head of cabbage
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- LOTS of yummy seasonings
Now if you just want to make Instant Pot cabbage with simple seasonings I have a recipe for that too! Sometimes you don’t want to go through the mess of making Instant Pot stuffed cabbage and just want a simple side dish.
This comes in handy for that!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 head of cabbage – cut the cabbage into quarters for best results
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- CrispLid if you want to turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer and crisp it right inside the pot
- or can put under your broiler if you want crispy ends
With a quick release it’s a perfectly easy recipe that’s super healthy.
Have you had enough Instant Pot cabbage recipes??
Well we have one more good one! Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage should really be cooked year round, not just during the Irish holiday. 😉
So how long do you cook cabbage for?
- In a pressure cooker, not long.
- As you can see a whole cabbage cut into 4ths only takes 3 minutes to become tender.
- Steamed cabbage, or in the oven is closer to 12 minutes.
What dishes go with cabbage?
I suspect you already have a few favorites, but slaws and salads are traditionally made. Some use it in stir-fries & soups too.
Find more pressure cooker recipes here!
Instant Pot Cabbage
- Cut cabbage into 4 equal pieces.
- Pour water into pot and put trivet inside. Put quartered cabbage on top trying not to overlap them. Sprinkle seasoning on top evenly.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to 2 minutes if you're going to crisp afterward, or 3 minutes if you want to eat it right out of the pot and want it quite soft.
- Do a quick release.
- Eat immediately or if using a CrispLid drain water. Then put food back on trivet or in air fryer basket included with lid and spray top of cabbages with olive oil spray. (can add additional seasonings now if desired)
- Put lid on and set to 400 degrees for 10-16 minutes depending on how crispy you want the outer leaves to be. The closer to the top they are the crispier they will get. Use low trivet if you don't want them as brown.
- If using broiler put on baking sheet, spray tops with olive oil and broil for about 5 minutes or until tops are as crispy as you'd like them to be.