Pressure cooker corn dog bites are easy to make in your Instant Pot, Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi! The perfect homemade snack or lunch your kids will love.
Have you tried making pressure cooker corn dog bites yet?! They’re so fun! Like little corn dog muffins but made in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi in about 15 minutes total. Find others like this on our page full of easy Instant Pot recipes too. (originally published 4/19, affiliate links present)
NO need for a muffin tin, these corndog muffins are made in an egg mold of all things!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites
- Of course you can use any brand of pressure cooker you have. We aren’t bias. 😉
- We love all of our fancy multi cookers.
I started with a basic corn muffin recipe using baking powder and a few other ingredients. If you have another favorite cornbread recipe by all means use that instead.
Are corn dogs bad for you?
Well the biggest factor is how you cook them. These are homemade and basically steamed which doesn’t add any calories or fat.
Same goes for air fryer corn dogs. Deep frying is the worst health wise.
How do you cook mini corn dogs?
We made these homemade using an egg mold inside an Instant Pot. You could use an air fryer too. Precooked frozen can be microwaved or heated in the oven.
This is pretty darn close. Of course the hot dogs are sliced smaller, if you wanted them whole you’d need to deep fry them in hot oil. Using corn meal, flour, egg and milk you can make a quick batter.
This is what it will look like when your homemade corn dog batter is mixed together.
Once I combined everything into my mixing bowl I was ready to fill my fancy silicone device used for baking in your pressure cooker.
How do you make corn dog nuggets?
- Just use this handy egg mold!!
It’s one of my favorite pressure cooker accessories! We have made:
- These pressure cooker egg bites are great using leftover ham or bacon in the morning.
- Delicious Instant Pot donuts covered in sprinkles are fabulous.
- We’ve even made pancake bites in a pressure cooker which the kids go crazy over.
- Brownie bites are fun too for dessert.
Corn dog bites
I love showing my girls how they can make their own after school snack and seeing their love for cooking grow. Another favorite they make regularly is Kraft Mac and Cheese in the Instant Pot!
- This is what they look like once you “pop” them out!
Why do we love “baking” outside of our oven?
- There’s no need to heat up the oven, ideal for summertime
- It saves money on electricity since it takes half the time to make these
- Overall it is much faster
Pressure cooker corn dog bites
- An egg mold
- Hot dogs
- Corn meal – this is the one I used, the easy corn bread recipe is on the side
- Baking Powder
- Make fry sauce to dip them in!
A printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post, here is a quick step by step:
Time needed: 14 minutes.
Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites
Mix dry ingredients for cornbread together, then add milk, oil and egg and combine well. Spray the inside of your egg mold with non stick spray (well). Fill each pocket 1/2 way full of cornbread mix.
Cut each hot dog into 4 equal pieces and push 1 piece in the center of each hole filled with batter. Cover egg mold with foil (I usually spray the under side with non stick spray too).
Pour 1.5 c water into your pressure cooker. Put egg mold on a trivet with handles and lower into your pot.
Close the lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 9 minutes. Then allow to naturally pressure release steam for 5 minutes. Let out rest of steam after that.
Remove foil immediately and allow them to cool in mold for 3-4 minutes so they stay in tact when you pop them out.
Then flip over and gently push on the bottom pockets so each corn dog mini muffins pops out.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Below is a printable recipe card with ingredients and instructions. Print it out if you like, share with friends, or just come back when you want to make them again and again. We love “seeing you” for sure.
Pressure Cooker Corn Dog Bites
- Mix dry ingredients for cornbread together, then add milk, oil and egg and combine well.
- Spray the inside of your egg mold with non stick spray (well). Fill each pocket 1/2 way full of cornbread mix.
- Cut each hot dog into 4 equal pieces and push 1 piece in the center of each hole filled with batter.
- Cover egg mold with foil (I usually spray the under side with non stick spray too).
- Pour 1.5 c water into your pressure cooker. Put egg mold on a trivet with handles and lower into your pot.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 9 minutes. Then allow to naturally release steam for 5 minutes. Let out rest of steam after that.
- Remove foil immediately and allow them to cool in mold for 3-4 minutes so they stay in tact when you pop them out.
- Then flip over and gently push on the bottom pockets so each corn dog bite pops out.