Pressure cooker corn dog bites are easy to make in your Instant Pot, Crock Pot Express or Ninja Foodi! The perfect snack or lunch your kids will love.
OH MY have you tried making pressure cooker corn dog bites yet??!! They’re so fun! They’re like little corn dog muffins but made in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi in about 15 minutes total. NO need for a muffin tin, these mini muffins are made in an egg mold of all things! If you love little cornbread hot dogs like this you’ve got to give these a try. Find others like this on our page full of easy Instant Pot recipes too. 😉
- Of course you can use any brand of pressure cooker you have. We aren’t bias. 😉 You can find this along with others in our round up of our favorite Ninja Foodi recipes too. We love both of our fancy multi cookers.
I started with a basic corn muffin recipe using baking powder and a few other ingredients. If you have another favorite cornbread recipe by all means use that instead.
Once I combined everything into my mixing bowl I was ready to fill my fancy silicone device used for baking in your pressure cooker.
How do you make corn dog nuggets?
- Just use this handy egg mold!!
It’s one of my favorite pressure cooker accessories! We have made:
- These pressure cooker egg bites
- Delicious Instant Pot donuts covered in sprinkles
- We’ve even made pancake bites in a pressure cooker
- Brownie bites are fun too
These corn dog bites are so easy to make even your older kids could do it!
I love showing my girls how they can make their own after school snack and seeing their love for cooking grow. Another favorite they make regularly is Kraft Mac and Cheese in the Instant Pot!
- This is what they look like once you “pop” them out!
Why do we love “baking” outside of our oven?
- There’s no need to heat up the oven, ideal for summertime
- It saves money on electricity since it takes half the time to make these
- Overall it is much faster
What you need to make pressure cooker corn dog bites
- An egg mold
- Hot dogs
- Corn meal – this is the one I used, the easy corn bread recipe is on the side
- Baking Powder
- Make fry sauce to dip them in!
Alternatively you could use a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix and only need milk and egg.
- Looking for Instant Pot hot dogs instructions, we have those too.
Pressure Cooker Corn Dog Bites
- Mix dry ingredients for cornbread together, then add milk, oil and egg and combine well.
- Spray the inside of your egg mold with non stick spray (well). Fill each pocket 1/2 way full of cornbread mix.
- Cut each hot dog into 4 equal pieces and push 1 piece in the center of each hole filled with batter.
- Cover egg mold with foil (I usually spray the under side with non stick spray too).
- Pour 1.5 c water into your pressure cooker. Put egg mold on a trivet with handles and lower into your pot.
- Close the lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 9 minutes. Then allow to naturally release steam for 5 minutes. Let out rest of steam after that.
- Remove foil immediately and allow them to cool in mold for 3-4 minutes so they stay in tact when you pop them out.
- Then flip over and gently push on the bottom pockets so each corn dog bite pops out.