Baked corn dog bites in oven are an easy Jiffy corn muffin mix recipe that kids love. Homemade corndogs in muffin tin perfect for dipping.
Ok so you’re having a few kids over for a sleepover, or you need an easy fun dinner idea. Corndog bites are always a hit with little hands. Okay adults love these as a quick snack too. Bake, cool, and take them on the go on busy days. (affiliate links present)
Jiffy Corn Dog Muffins
If you have made our homemade corn dogs in air fryer, you’ll love these too. A different shape that kids love but easier since the batter can be wet and baked quickly in the oven. We’re going to use those little white and blue boxes your mom always had in the cupboard growing up. You can make so many things with this.
Yes you can make it “normal” as directed on the box in an 8×8 pan or a slight tweak for cast iron Jiffy cornbread. This gets you thinking way outside of the box beyond that. Use little smokies inside, Hebrew National cut up (our fave), or even kielbasa slices works for this if you want.
Corn Dogs in Oven
We’re just using one box of this mix with the ingredients necessary to transform it into a batter from a dry mix. If you wanted to make more than 24 mini muffin tin worth then you could easily double everything and use two tins.
If you wanted to make this kinda’ spicy I would follow our Jiffy Mexican cornbread recipe and use that instead. OR you could add some green chiles or red pepper flakes into this mix. You’re going to need;
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Melted butter
- 1 egg
- Milk or for dairy free corn dog bites use lactose free or almond milk, plain
- 1 mini muffin tin
And non stick cooking spray too so they slide right out. You could use paper liners if you wanted but I only really like to use those when I am baking one of my sweeter easy muffin tin recipes.
Mini Corn Dogs in Air Fryer
If you have toddlers, these are going to be a game changer for you. The perfect size that usually fills them up with just 1 or 2 of them for lunch. If you wanted to use your air fryer to cook, just use silicone baking cups. Place into your basket and fill them halfway full, then push the wiener inside.
- Set machine to 380 degrees F
- Allow to “bake” for 6-8 minutes or until it is lightly browned on top and dough is cooked thru to the center
- Remove and allow to cool so you can remove the liner
- Serve with ketchup, hot dog mustard, all the things
I mean all it is is some cornbread batter and hot dogs combined together and baked until toasty brown.
Corndog bites! You should try our recipe here baked in the oven or air fryer. Easier to eat, quicker to cook and tastes the same way.
Corn Muffin Dogs
I mean you could make them another way too, more like a bigger muffin. For that follow our cornmeal muffins recipe and put 1/2 of a dog inside, cut in half.
You can hide them better this way and make it more of a surprise when people bite them! That is always kinda’ fun. You will have more breading than meat this way.
- In a small bowl you’re going to combine the corn muffin mix, egg, melted butter, and milk.
- Slice your hot dogs into 6 pieces per, totaling 24 total pieces. NO need to boil hot dogs, they can be “raw” (but they are all really precooked, even though they are cold)
- do NOT use frozen hot dogs for this, they need to be defrosted
- Spray non stick spray oil into each muffin tin hole.
- Divide corn muffin mix equally between 24 mini muffin cup wells. Press one hot dog piece into the center each mini muffin well. Bake in a preheated oven at 400° F for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
If you have kids it is more fun to give them a bunch of different dips to choose from. Use bbq sauce, ketchup of course, relish is great, even our bang bang sauce has been a hit in my house.
The last way, but not my fave, is you could deep fry your corn dog bites. You’d need to heat hot oil, add meat into batter and make a heaping tbsp of it. Drop corn dog batter in and it will fry until golden. You will want paper towels handy to absorb the vegetable oil that will remain on the outside for this method.
Just know that they will be kinda’ a weird shape this way. Doesn’t change the flavor but just something to note, in the oven they will all look the same.
Mini Corn Dogs in Oven
Mini corn dog muffins are great for game day when you have families over to your house. Kid friendly but still put smiles on adults faces too. I mean you just can’t go wrong and they’re so cheap to make too! Jump to recipe and try for yourself!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Corn Dog Bites
- In a small bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg, melted butter, and milk. Slice hot dogs into 6 pieces per hot dog, totaling 24 pieces. Spray non stick spray oil into each muffin tin hole.
- Divide corn muffin mix equally between 24 mini muffin tin wells. Press one hot dog piece into the center each mini muffin well. Bake in a preheated oven at 400° F for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard to dip or eat plain.