This Instant Pot honey mustard chicken is so simple to make with salad dressing and just one other ingredient. A dump and go dinner you can throw into your pressure cooker and have a healthy meal done in less than 20 minutes and for under $10 total. Served over rice it’s an easy chicken recipe.
I love easy Instant Pot recipes and this one couldn’t be simpler! Have you ever used salad dressing on things other than on top of lettuce?? It really works well. My family loves honey mustard anything so I thought I’d try Instant Pot honey mustard chicken last night for dinner and it totally worked!! Just salad dressing with chicken, some french onion soup mix for added flavor, and you could slice some onion to add that in too. Easy peasy right??
This is what our Instant Pot honey mustard chicken came out like.
The sauce thickened as it sat and didn’t take long.
You could even shred the chicken right in the pot and make pressure cooker sliders too. We did with this electric pressure cooker chicken. They were spicy topped with cole slaw and perfect little appetizers for any party.
Or put a piece right on top of rice and serve it this way too.
This is all you need to make this easy Instant Pot honey mustard chicken
- 2-3 Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) – or you could use 4-6 med. size chicken thighs
- 1 bottle honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 packet french onion soup mix – like this one
- 3/4 c water
It is up to you whether you use chicken thighs or breasts.
Either way you want them medium sized, if I can only find large breasts like I did here I just cut them in half so it would cook faster and more evenly.
I do like thighs though too and have made these spicy teriyaki Instant Pot chicken thighs which I love so after you try this you should make these as well, here are a few more too.
- Instant Pot apricot chicken – which uses salad dressing too
- Cheap Instant Pot salsa chicken – just 3 ingredients
- Super easy Instant Pot teriyaki chicken
Here’s the printable recipe.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- 2-3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 bottle honey mustard dressing 16 oz
- 1 packet french onion soup mix 1 oz
- 3/4 c water
- Cut chicken breasts in half and put inside your Instant Pot.
- Mix together your salad dressing and french onion soup mix in a bowl.
- Pour 3/4 c. water into your salad dressing bottle, put lid on and shake well so remaining dressing is washed out. Pour this liquid on top of your chicken breasts.
- Pour your dressing/onion soup mix mixture on top of your chicken breasts.
- Put lid on, close steam valve, and set to poultry (normal) setting for 13 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Check chicken to ensure it is cooked thru (if using really large breasts or more than 2-3 you may need to cook a bit longer, we use 2 large cut in half for 13 minutes).
- Remove chicken and serve over rice. If you want sauce thicker then remove chicken, set to saute and put 1 tbsp. of corn starch in. Whisk well until sauce bubbles. It will thicken in a minute or so and then spoon on top of chicken and rice.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉