Air fryer chicken kabobs with a Greek marinade are great for dinner or a healthy appetizer. Try these skewers in your Ninja Foodi or other machine tonight. They’re a keto low carb snack we love.
We’ve made a lot this week and these air fryer chicken kabobs were one of our favorites. It just had to be shared with you so you could make them too. Are you obsessed with easy air fryer recipes too? (originally published 9/19, affiliate links present)
- We used our Ninja Foodi but you can use any electric air fryer to make this low carb dinner or a keto snack.
Zucchini is almost always available in the produce section and cooks at the same rate as cubed meat so I go with that. THIS my friends is how to cook chicken in an air fryer to perfection. 😉
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air Fryer Kabobs
Easy is how we cook around here so even if you’re a beginner we will help you make these! They’re super simple I tell you. Any time you can make chicken AND vegetables in air fryer is a big win as far as one pot meals go.
Are chicken kebabs good for you?
- Yes! They are a healthier fast food option because they are not deep fried and include lots of veggies.
Keep in mind that kabob meat does contain fat, the amount will vary depending on the meat used.
Air fryer chicken kabobs
- Chicken breasts
- boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces of chicken
- Wooden skewers
- Onion and/or red onion
- bell peppers can be used too
- Grape tomatoes
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bowl or freezer bag to marinate chicken
What temperature should I cook chicken kabobs?
Whether you grill or make air fryer chicken kabobs your instant read thermometer should reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- If making air fryer pork kabobs, temperature needs to be at least 145 degrees for the pork.
- No matter what meat you use allow them to rest once cooking is done to maintain juiciness.
- Here is a meat smoking chart if you cook them that way.
What is the difference between kabob and kebab?
Kabob is typically used in the US while the British pronunciation and spelling is kebab. Both are defined as a dish with pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables cooked on a skewer or spit.
What goes with kabobs?
- Sweet potatoes in the air fryer
- Grilled broccoli
- Cole slaw
- Zucchini salad
- Our easy roll recipe
- Pressure cooker white rice
- Italian potatoes
This is why we love air fried meat and vegetables.
- It has a quick cook time
- The fat drips away through the air fryer basket
- You get crispy outsides without any oil needed.
Using the air crisp function you could make these healthy air fryer fajitas using beef too.
- My kids’ favorite is air fryer pizza that’s semi homemade.
- You can’t go wrong with our dry rub air fryer wings recipe here.
- We have a few great Ninja Foodi chicken recipes here you’ll enjoy like air fryer chicken cutlets and more.
Almost all of recipes on The Typical Mom blog are made in under 30 minutes or less.
Instructions for these air fryer chicken kabobs are below in the recipe card.
Time needed: 16 minutes.
Air Fryer Kabobs
Whisk together garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and 1/4 c olive oil in a bowl.
Then add diced chicken pieces, stir to coat. Allow this to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
You could just use soy sauce too if you’d rather.
Make sure wood skewers are the right size to fit into your air fryer basket first. If not break them so they can slide in.
Put marinated chicken and vegetables on each rod. Rotate veggies and meat.
When all ingredients are gone and kabobs are complete put inside your air fryer basket, spray kabobs all over with olive oil spray.
Air fry at 380 degrees for about 16 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. You could after 8 minutes flip them over but it isn’t totally necessary.
Follow these tips when reheating chicken in air fryer.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs
- 1 large zucchini sliced in half lengthwise and then into 1" pieces
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion yellow or red, cut into large bite size pieces
- 1.5 c grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- olive oil spray
- Whisk together garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and 1/4 c olive oil in a bowl, then add diced chicken pieces and stir to coat. Allow this to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Make sure wood skewers are the right size to fit into your air fryer basket first, then put marinated chicken and vegetables on, rotating between each one. Chicken, zucchini, tomato, onion, etc…
- When all ingredients are gone and kabobs are complete put inside your air fryer basket, spray kabobs with olive oil spray and close lid.
- Cook at 380 degrees for about 16 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.