Air fryer chicken kabobs with a Greek marinade are great for dinner or a healthy appetizer. Try these skewers in your Ninja Foodi or other machine tonight. They’re a keto low carb snack we love.
Are you obsessed with easy air fryer recipes too? I love how you can make crispy dinners healthier with this handy machine. We’ve made a lot this week and these air fryer chicken kabobs were one of our favorites. It just had to be shared with you so you could make them too. (affiliate links present)
- We used our Ninja Foodi but you can use any electric air fryer to make these for dinner or a keto snack.
Easy is how we cook around here so even if you’re a beginner we will help you make these!
They’re super simple I tell you.
Are chicken kebabs good for you?
- Yes! They are a healthier fast food option because they are not deep fried and include lots of veggies. Keep in mind that kabob meat does contain fat, the amount will vary depending on the meat used.
Ingredients needed to make air fryer chicken kabobs
- Chicken breasts
- boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces of chicken
- Wooden skewers
- Onion and/or red onion
- bell peppers can be used too
- Grape tomatoes
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bowl or freezer bag to marinate chicken
What temperature should I cook chicken kabobs?
Whether you grill or make air fryer chicken kabobs your instant read thermometer should reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- If making air fryer pork kabobs, temperature needs to be at least 145 degrees for the pork.
- No matter what meat you use allow them to rest once cooking is done to maintain juiciness.
- Here is a meat smoking chart if you cook them that way.
What is the difference between kabob and kebab?
Kabob is typically used in the US while the British pronunciation and spelling is kebab. Both are defined as a dish with pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables cooked on a skewer or spit.
What goes with kabobs?
- Sweet potatoes in the air fryer
- Grilled broccoli
- Cole slaw
- Zucchini salad
- Our easy roll recipe
- Pressure cooker white rice
- Italian potatoes
This is why we love air fried meat and vegetables.
- It has a quick cook time
- The fat drips away through the air fryer basket
- You get crispy outsides without any oil needed.
Using the air crisp function you could make:
Looking for other easy Ninja Foodi recipes?
These healthy air fryer fajitas using beef.
- My kids’ favorite is air fryer pizza that’s semi homemade.
- You can’t go wrong with our dry rub air fryer wings recipe here.
- We have a few great Ninja Foodi chicken recipes here you’ll enjoy.
Almost all of recipes on The Typical Mom blog are made in under 30 minutes or less. If you only have an Instant Pot but still want to air fry just grab this CrispLid and you can turn your Instant Pot into an air fryer today.
Instructions for these air fryer chicken kabobs are below in the recipe card.
Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs
- 1 large zucchini sliced in half lengthwise and then into 1" pieces
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion yellow or red, cut into large bite size pieces
- 1.5 c grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- Whisk together garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and 1/4 c olive oil in a bowl, then add diced chicken pieces and stir to coat. Allow this to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Make sure wood skewers are the right size to fit into your air fryer basket first, then put marinated chicken and vegetables on, rotating between each one. Chicken, zucchini, tomato, onion, etc...
- When all ingredients are gone and kabobs are complete put inside your air fryer basket and close lid.
- Cook at 380 degrees for about 16 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.