Here’s a sparkling cranberry sangria mocktail or cocktail recipe that looks and tastes amazing! Either way it’s tasty for the holidays and year round.
Love a sweet drink, especially when I have people over…and it has to look pretty too! Especially during the holidays this sparkling cranberry sangria mocktail hits the spot (either cocktail or mocktail style). It’s nice to have a holiday inspired drink to serve when you’re having people over, and one that can be served both ways so children can enjoy it too is even better in my opinion. Let us know what you think. This post brought to you by The Chinet® brand . The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Typical Mom. (originally published 11/16)
So I made this a few times during the holidays when other families were coming over and made it mocktail style, but you could easily make it with alcohol as well.
I call it a sangria because of it’s great color and all the fruit it’s filled with. Full of sweetness and a bit of mint for color and flavor, it goes with just about any dish and looks really pretty presented too (always important right).
Here’s how you make our sparkling cranberry sangria and what you’ll need to get started.
You will need small Chinet® Cut Crystal® 9 oz. tumblers, a pitcher, some juice, soda, fruit, and mint leaves. I use a peach, apple, and orange (as well as the cranberries for a garnish) because around this time of year those are usually fairly fresh.
You could use lime or pineapple as well if you’d rather focus on those flavor profiles.
Whichever you choose, find fruits that are on the more turgid side so they keep their composure while floating in the sparkling cranberry sangria mixture.
This is what you’ll need to make this Sparkling Cranberry Sangria Mocktail
- Cranberry juice
- Lemon lime soda
- Vodka – if making it into a cocktail
- Fresh mint – optional
Looking for other cranberry recipes?
If you want another drink this mulled wine recipe is amazing too.
If you’re having people over or just want a refreshing drink that gets you in the mood for the holidays with it’s great red color THIS sparkling cranberry sangria mocktail is a great drink to make.
Super easy (I don’t make anything difficult), and everyone always loves how pretty it is too. It’s fun for kids since it has some sweet fruits inside and when they drink the liquid there’s a little “snack” at the bottom of their tumbler….and when everyone leaves cleanup is EASY! 😉
Sometime it’s the little things right. Let me know what you think!
Sparkling Cranberry Sangria
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups lemon lime soda
- 1/2 peach diced
- 1/2 red apple diced
- 1/2 orange cut into chunks
- 1 pkg. small Chinet tumblers
- 1 cup cranberries whole, for garnish
- 1 mint leaf per cup
- 1 c vodka optional, substitute one cup of sprite for the vodka
- Mix together your cranberry juice and 7-up or Sprite with a few ice cubes in a pitcher.
- Dice all fruit and add 1/2 on top, into pitcher. Add mint leaf and a few whole cranberries to top for garnish.
- Serve in small Chinet tumblers. If creating an alcoholic version use 1/2 c. of red wine or vodka (your preference) in a bowl with fruit about an hour before making drink, place in fridge while waiting.
- Only use 2 1/2 cups cranberry juice instead of 3 and add the other 1/2 c. of red wine into drink when mixing.
- Add fruit soaked in red wine/vodka before serving as following the directions above for the non alcoholic version. This makes 1 pint.