Try this cake mix rum bundt cake this Christmas and see if it’s your favorite holiday dessert too! Topped with bacon with a rich chocolate flavor it’s so yummy.
It’s the holidays and what says Christmas dessert like an easy rum bundt cake topped with bacon??!! It will surely get the oos and ahhhhs at your party for sure and it’s easier to make than you may think. This spiced rum cake is as chocolatey as you want it with added semi sweet chocolate chips and salty bacon pieces for the perfect salty and sweet dessert. (affiliate links present)
Bundt Cake with Rum
Are you ready for this??!! It is semi-homemade as the base consists of chocolate cake mix and a box of chocolate pudding too…which makes it super duper moist like you want it to be. Make it large like this one or into mini bundt cakes.
The key to making the perfect rum bundt cake is to not over-bake it so it stays moist, and loading it up with yummy mix ins, you will need some spiced rum too of course.
- Spiced rum
- Chocolate cake mix – I like this one
- Chocolate pudding mix – instant style
- Mini chocolate chips
- Bacon is optional
- Bundt pan – I like this one
What is a bundt cake? It’s just a different way of baking. You use a fluted pan with a hole in the middle which means your sweet bread will be in the shape of a circle. Here’s the mix as we’re about to mix in the goodies…..
Cake Mix Rum Bundt Cake
Have you ever had a spiced rum bundt cake before?? They are really yummy and you only need a small slice to really enjoy it.
I love making just about anything in this kind of pan, I’ve made a breakfast bundt cake that has been wildly popular at Christmas breakfast or brunches year round as well as this 2 ingredient strawberry cake that comes out so pretty using this fluted bundt pan you see here.
Of course you could make this rum cake into muffins so they are easy to serve and come out kinda’ like rum cupcakes of sort and just drizzle the glaze on top of each one. Use muffin cup liners with colors of the season to liven it up even more and you’re set.
Chocolate Rum Bundt Cake
If you’ve never tried a rum bundt cake I say give it a try, especially during the holidays they are usually a big hit!
You do have the option of making a homemade chocolate cake and adding the add ins we suggest below, but I like easy desserts so that is the direction I went with this one. If you’re looking for other Christmas brunch menu ideas we have more of those too but this is a great addition.
For something else using this same pan, but more for all year round try our banana bread bundt cake too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Bacon Bundt Cake
Cake Mix Rum Bundt Cake
- 1 mixer
- 1 box cake mix devil's food is best, 15 oz
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix 5.9 oz.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c spiced rum
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips optional
- 1/2 c bacon cooked, diced, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl beat together with a mixer on low your cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and rum for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the crumbled precooked bacon, and chocolate chips if you want to add those.
- Pour batter into your bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake springs back or toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack before carefully flipping over on to a plate.
- Serve as is or make a vanilla spiced rum glaze with powdered sugar and some rum until thick and pour that on top. Sprinkle on some more crumbled bacon and chocolate chips as a garnish.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉