Enjoy this cranberry Moscow Mule mocktail or cocktail this holiday season! Bubbly and sweet with Christmas colors it’s great for a party and fun for kids.
It’s the holidays which means lots of red, green, and getting together with friends! It’s fun to have a new festive drink to serve when you have a party and this cranberry Moscow Mule mocktail or cocktail is perfect for everyone including kids! I enjoy both versions actually. Of course they both have different flavors since one is non alcoholic but they’re both really yummy and look like Christmas!! If you’ve never had this drink before it’s yummy. If you enjoy the classic version, you’ve got to try it with this cranberry twist. Not only is it really pretty when served, but it brings a yummy tart and sweet addition to this already delicious drink. 😉 (originally published 12/17, affiliate links present)
I love adding just a little sprig of mint to any drink I make but of course that is up to you. Not only is it a yummy flavor addition I think, but since we’re going festive with this drink it definitely screams holiday more than if you left it out.
This is what you’ll need to make a few cranberry Moscow Mule mocktail or cocktail drinks:
- Copper mugs – we have these, you can use regular glasses but these aren’t expensive, keep the drinks REALLY cold, and look really cool too.
- Ginger ale – or ginger beer if making cocktails
- Cranberry juice – I like these smaller containers so I can open just a few when I want more
- Small ice cube tray – looks better and easier to drink, this is the one we have.
- Whole cranberries
- Fresh mint
- Vodka – if making cocktails
Whether you make it a mocktail or not it is quite delicious and perfect for get togethers during the holidays. If you’re looking for another one to have on hand here’s how to make hot chocolate from scratch.
- That works great kept in the crockpot all day. You can also make that one spiked or a traditional way. Both are super delicious and easier than you might think to make.
Looking for other holiday drinks?
Our sparkling apple cider is a fun one to include. It’s much better than bottled and you can spike it too.
- A variety of coffee drink recipes are fun.
- Our sparkling cranberry sangria can be a mocktail or cocktail.
- Of course a traditional or kiwi Moscow mule is always a winner.
Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail
- 4 c ginger ale
- 4 c cranberry juice
- 1 lime cut into fourths
- 4 mint leaves fresh
- 1 c cranberries whole, fresh, for garnish
- 2 trays ice cubes small
- Refrigerate all items before making so it is nice and cold when served, and bubbles stay as long as possible with the ginger ale being cold prior to making these.
- Add ice cubes plus 1 c. of ginger ale with 1 c. of cold cranberry juice into each cup, copper mugs work best to keep cold as long as possible and they look great.
- Squeeze 1 pcs. of lime into each cup and leave in the cup or on the side of cup and allow them to squeeze it in themselves.
- Put 5-6 whole cranberries in each glass to float (only use if children are old enough to know they are just for garnish and won't swallow them as they would be a choking hazard, if young children do not add these).
- Add one or two mint leaves to the cup and serve!
- If making a cocktail version substitute beer/ginger beer instead of ginger ale, (can even add 1 shot of vodka to each glass) with the cranberry juice, lime, and whole cranberries.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉