Enjoy this cranberry Moscow Mule mocktail or cocktail this holiday season! Bubbly and sweet with Christmas colors it’s great for a party and fun for kids.
It’s the holidays which means lots of red, green, and getting together with friends! It’s fun to have a new festive drink to serve when you have a party. This cranberry Moscow Mule mocktail or cocktail is perfect for everyone including kids! I enjoy both versions actually. (originally published 12/17, affiliate links present)
Cranberry Moscow Mule
Of course they both have different flavors since one is non alcoholic but they’re both really yummy and look like Christmas!! If you’ve never had this drink before it’s yummy. If you enjoy the classic version, you’ve got to try it with this cranberry twist. Not only is it really pretty when served, but it brings a yummy tart and sweet addition to this already delicious drink. 😉
I love adding just a little sprig of mint to any drink I make but of course that is up to you. Not only is it a yummy flavor addition I think, but since we’re going festive with this drink it definitely screams holiday more than if you left it out.
Drink for Holiday Parties
This and our Christmas punch is what we make as the best holiday cocktail ideas. We used cranberries as a garnish on top but when serving them to kids I would omit that for safety purposes.
- Ginger ale – or ginger beer if making cocktails
- Cranberry juice – I like these smaller containers so I can open just a few when I want more
- Small ice cube tray – looks better and easier to drink, this is the one we have.
- Whole fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries work just as well
- Fresh mint
- Fresh limes
- Vodka – if making cocktails
Copper mugs – we have these, you can use regular glasses but these aren’t expensive, keep the drinks REALLY cold, and look really cool too. You could use plastic glasses filled with ice too.
Make a loaf of our zucchini gingerbread and you’ll have two flavors that just scream Christmastime.
Cranberry Mule Mocktail
Many times I will make a traditional Moscow mule year round but this is a great drink that brings some added color and cheer to the holidays. Heck I will even make a turkey with our cranberry sauce recipe with orange juice in the middle of Feb. if I feel like it.
- I like to refrigerate all items before making so it is cold.
- Add ice cubes plus 1 cup of ginger ale with 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail into each cup.
- Squeeze 1 lime wedge into each cup and leave in the cup or on the side of cup.
- Put 5-6 whole cranberries in each glass to float (only use with adults, NOT young children).
- Add one or two mint leaves to the cup and serve!
- If making a cocktail version top with ginger beer instead of ginger ale, (can even add 1 shot of vodka to cranberry juice)
Whether you make it a mocktail or not it is quite delicious and perfect for get togethers during the holidays. If you’re looking for another one to have on hand here’s how to make hot chocolate from scratch.
- That works great kept in the crockpot all day. You can also make that one spiked or a traditional way. Both are super delicious and easier than you might think to make. Looking for other holiday drinks?
Moscow Mule Cocktail
Our sparkling apple cider is a fun one to include for your get together too. It’s much better than bottled and you can spike it too. For a Southern style drink with fruit, give our strawberry hibiscus sweet tea a whirl.
- A variety of coffee drink recipes are fun.
- Our sparkling cranberry sangria can be a mocktail or cocktail.
- Of course a traditional or kiwi Moscow mule is always a winner.
Any and all of these drinks are great with a slice of our banana cranberry bread as well. Jump to recipe below and let us know what you and your guests think of this this year.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail
- 4 c ginger ale
- 4 c cranberry juice
- 1 lime cut into fourths
- 4 mint leaves fresh
- 1 c cranberries whole, fresh, for garnish
- 2 trays ice cubes small
- Refrigerate all items before making so it is nice and cold when served, and bubbles stay as long as possible with the ginger ale being cold prior to making these.
- Add ice cubes plus 1 c. of ginger ale with 1 c. of cold cranberry juice into each cup, copper mugs work best to keep cold as long as possible and they look great.
- Squeeze 1 pcs. of lime into each cup and leave in the cup or on the side of cup and allow them to squeeze it in themselves.
- Put 5-6 whole cranberries in each glass to float (only use if children are old enough to know they are just for garnish and won’t swallow them as they would be a choking hazard, if young children do not add these).
- Add one or two mint leaves to the cup and serve!
- If making a cocktail version substitute beer/ginger beer instead of ginger ale, (can even add 1 shot of vodka to each glass) with the cranberry juice, lime, and whole cranberries.