Easy homemade Instant Pot beans and franks recipe that you and your kids will love. No soaking required for this fun dinner or potluck side dish!
Do you love easy homemade pressure cooker recipes….well me too. I don’t have time to make a lot of from scratch homemade meals but these Instant Pot beans and franks are much easier than you might think. Using dried beans that require NO soaking beforehand it is easy to dump in and have it ready for dinner, a side dish at home, a dish to bring to a barbecue or potluck with friends too! One of our favorite kid friendly Instant Pot recipes.
We have made many dinners and soups in our electric pressure cooker. All of which my family enjoys but Instant Pot beans and franks are my kids’ fave.
With a sweet yet tangy sauce, full of bacon, and lots of hot dogs inside it is so yummy for everyone!
Of course it is up to you how much bacon and how many hot dogs you want to put in. You could also use those little smokies instead of hot dogs, I just tend to use whatever is on sale. I first made these no soak Instant Pot baked beans and since they came out so well I adapted that recipe to make this and it worked really well the first time around.
It is best served immediately we say so you get the most sauce possible before the beans soak it up a bit more with time but it is totally up to you.
At first I thought making beans from a bag would be labor intensive and not for me but using this Instant Pot cooking times for beans sheet it is easy to see how long each type takes and you can add flavors and ingredients from there.
This is what you’ll need to make these Instant Pot beans and franks
- 1 bag pinto beans
- Brown sugar
- White wine vinegar
- Hot dogs (or little smokies)
If you’re looking for an easy pressure cooker baked beans or beans and franks dish this is not hard and tastes amazing.
It gets thumbs up from my kids and it was my lunch yesterday when I made it! If you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot appetizers here are a few others you might enjoy that are yes…..easy!
Instant Pot Beans and Franks
- Rinse dry pinto beans and put into Instant Pot with water.
- Close lid and steam valve and push beans button, normal temp. for 60 minutes.
- Do a natural release, drain liquid, set beans aside.
- Turn IP to saute normal and add diced onion and bacon with a little olive oil, cook until onions soften and bacon is 1/2-3/4 of the way cooked. Turn IP off.
- Add other ingredients listed (except for hot dogs and cooked beans in a bowl and whisk together well.
- Add beans back into your Instant Pot and pour liquid molasses mixture you made on top, fold all ingredients together. (if you want a lot of sauce just double the sauce recipe)
- Put lid on and close steam valve again and push bean button, normal temp, for 20 minutes.
- Quick release, add sliced hot dogs, fold in gently and put lid back on for 10 final minutes on bean setting, normal temp.
- Serve immediately for best results!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉