Easy homemade Instant Pot beans and franks recipe that you and your kids will love. No soaking required for this fun dinner or potluck side dish!
Do you love homemade pressure cooker recipes? Me too. I don’t have time to make a lot of from scratch homemade meals but these Instant Pot beans and franks are much easier than you might think. One of our favorite kid friendly Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 8/18, affiliate links present)
Using dried beans that require NO soaking beforehand it is easy to dump in and have it ready for dinner.
It’s a great side dish when you’re having a party too, or bring to a barbecue / potluck with friends too! You can make it in a Ninja foodi, Crockpot Express or any other brand you have on your countertop.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Beans
With a sweet yet tangy sauce, full of bacon, and lots of hot dogs inside it is so yummy for everyone!
If you’re apprehensive about using a bag of dry beans, don’t, I’ll help you. Using this Instant Pot cooking times for beans sheet it is easy to see how long each type takes and you can add flavors and ingredients from there.
We used pinto beans but really that is up to you.
Of course it is up to you how much bacon and how many hot dogs you want to put in.
You could also use those little smokies instead of hot dogs, I just tend to use whatever is on sale.
I first made these no soak Instant Pot baked beans and since they came out so well I adapted that recipe to make this and it worked really well the first time around.
It is best served immediately we say so you get the most sauce possible before the beans soak it up a bit more with time but it is totally up to you.
At first I thought making beans from a bag would be labor intensive and not for me but it was SO easy so I did it over and over again after this.
Instant Pot beans and franks
A variety of seasonings are added to amp up the flavor over and above what you’ve tried in the can.
If you’re looking for an easy pressure cooker baked beans or beans and franks dish this is not hard and tastes amazing.
It gets thumbs up from my kids and it was my lunch yesterday when I made it!
If you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot appetizers here are a few others you might enjoy that are yes…..easy!
- Instant Pot meatballs are fun as a sweet snack
- Pressure cooker chicken sliders have some spice to them and are popular during football parties
- Our Ninja Foodi chili uses canned beans which means it’s done in just 10 minutes, and healthy too
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Beans and Franks
- Rinse dry pinto beans and put into Instant Pot with water.
- Close lid and steam valve and push beans button, normal temp. for 60 minutes.
- Do a natural release, drain liquid, set beans aside.
- Turn IP to saute normal and add diced onion and bacon with a little olive oil, cook until onions soften and bacon is 1/2-3/4 of the way cooked. Turn IP off.
- Add other ingredients listed (except for hot dogs and cooked beans in a bowl and whisk together well.
- Add beans back into your Instant Pot and pour liquid molasses mixture you made on top, fold all ingredients together. (if you want a lot of sauce just double the sauce recipe)
- Put lid on and close steam valve again and push bean button, normal temp, for 20 minutes.
- Quick release, add sliced hot dogs, fold in gently and put lid back on for 10 final minutes on bean setting, normal temp.
- Serve immediately for best results!