Rainbow birthday party ideas for your son or daughter! Here are tons of rainbow crafts & games you can play as well as free printables to make it great.
If you’re looking for a few great food and craft ideas for an awesome Rainbow Birthday Party, you’ll be able to plan your entire party with these simple ideas! Who knew Rainbow Birthday Party planning could be so easy and fun?!
Rainbow Birthday Party
- Aren’t the colors of the rainbow beautiful? It’s a great theme that has a ton of party decor ideas we will share with you so your color party will be the hit of the neighborhood!
- Make a bowl of party punch and integrate a few of the crafts below into your special day.
You have multiple colors or even go unicorn themed a bit too since we all know that unicorns and rainbows go hand in hand!
Here are some super simple ideas that you can DIY to create an amazing Rainbow Birthday Party!
Rainbow Party Decorations
Now if you’re using these for a St. Patricks Day party, you’ll want our printable shamrock sheets too.These are just a few ideas to consider adding to your upcoming rainbow birthday party.
- If you want to make things easy order these rainbow party supplies online.
- An array of colorful balloons is a given! – Either just grab some rainbow balloons to spread around the house and/or yard or hire someone to make an arch.
- Rainbow Party Favor Bags – Have your party guests make their own treat bags, and then fill them full of goodies!
- Chunky Rainbow Craft – Such a cute and simple rainbow craft!
- Create a candy bar – Separate candies into colors and put each one in cute bowls!
- DIY Unicorn Shirt – Who wouldn’t love to make their very own unicorn shirt!?
- Printable Rainbow Bookmark – Promote the love of reading with these adorable bookmarks.
- Amazing Rainbow Rocks – Painting rocks is seriously so much fun!
- Make a rainbow backdrop that can be used for photos!
Rainbow Party Crafts
- DIY Rainbow Bath Salts – Rainbow bath salts are fun for adults, and kids!
- Over the Rainbow Suncatchers – Bring on the sunshine with these adorable sun catchers.
- You make Rainbow Candy Jar – This craft is a great DIY gift for others.
- Rainbow Tissue Paper Craft – Crazy simple, and totally adorable.
- Mine love Rainbow Slime – Everyone loves slime, right? This rainbow slime is the perfect glitter arts and crafts project.
- DIY Rainbow Scarf – Combat the cold weather with this adorable DIY scarf.
- Create Rainbow Sprinkles Bath Bombs – One can never have too many bath bombs, right?
- Make Rainbow Ribbon Toys – This toy will bring hours of fun for your little one!
- Rainbow Jewelry Making For Kids – Give the gift of jewelry making to all the kids at the party!
And while those rainbow crafts are adorable, let’s not forget the rainbow food options as well! Like our rainbow rice krispy treats.
Rainbow Food Recipes
- Our Unicorn Poop Meringue Cookies – Anything rainbow “poop” is certain to be a birthday party hit.
- We love Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies – One can never have too many sprinkles!
- No Bake Rainbow Cheesecake – No bake cookies mean less time spent in the kitchen and more time spent at the party!
- Rainbow Sugar Cookies – More cookies, more cookies, more cookies!
- Unicorn Cupcakes – These cupcakes are tasty, adorable and beautiful.
- This Unicorn Bark and muddy buddies– Everyone will love taking bite after bite of this unicorn bark.
Rainbow Birthday Theme
- Edible Unicorn Cookie Dough – Edible cookie dough? Count me in!
- Vegan Rainbow Tortilla Wrap – Serve up a delicious meal at your party with these rainbow tortilla wraps.
- For a brunch make Rainbow Rockin’ French Toast – Start off the birthday day with some colorful food.
- Gluten-Free Funfetti Waffle Cake – Is there a limit to the number of birthday cakes one can have on their birthday?
- Instant Pot Rainbow Bundt Cake – Even the Instant Pot can join in on the rainbow food fun!
- Easy Rainbow Soup – Wanting a hearty dish? This rainbow soup will hit the spot.
When it comes to planning the perfect Rainbow Birthday Party, you need to make certain that you have a wide variety of rainbow food and crafts for everyone to choose from and create!
- Having a bakery create a rainbow cake inside so when you cut it there are layers of each one as a surprise is fun.
- Rainbow Chip Blondies – So much deliciousness!
- Unicorn Cinnamon Rolls – Ah! These are so adorable!
- Fun Unicorn Dip – Everyone will want to dip away in this unicorn dip!
- Edible Rainbow Kids Activity – Make a rainbow…and then eat it!
- Easy Rainbow Colored Baked Donuts – Who knew that donuts could be so colorful?
- Yummy Rainbow Yogurt Bites – These yummy treats are certain to be a hit!
- Tie Dye Rainbow Waffles – Tie Dye waffles?! Your kiddos will love these!
- DIY Edible Water Beads – This is one food recipe that you have to try!
- Did you know you could make Rainbow Zoodles – They’ll never know they aren’t eating noodles!
- Vegan Mexican Chopped Salad – It’s always a good idea to have a salad on hand!
Once you have your food and your crafts chosen for your Rainbow Birthday Party, make certain that you take the time and plan out all the other small details as well.
More than likely, you’ll want to have a few games to play too, right?
Rainbow Party Games
When I think of rainbows, I think of being outside. And to me, letting all the kiddos outside to play during the birthday party opens up a huge array of options!
- Hide and Seek Skittles Hunt
Head to the store and buy a few bags of individually wrapped skittles. Hide them around the yard for the kids to find! Once you say go, let them all run around and try to find as many bags of skittles that they can! You’ll love their energy, they’ll burn off some of that sugar, and then be able to refuel with even more!
Grab these free printable rainbow bingo cards and use rainbow jelly beans or buttons as markers!
- Rainbow Ribbon Race
Have different colored pieces of yarn cut and ready for the kiddos. Make a starting line (that doubles as the finish line) and have two teams split up evenly, standing side by side.
Everyone gets a color of yarn and when you say “go”, the first kid runs to a designated area and back. When they cross the line, it’s the signal for the next kiddo to go.
- The first group of “rainbow racers” to cross the finish line completely, wins!
Planning and having a rainbow birthday party is so much fun! With this giant list of rainbow craft and rainbow foods, you should have no issues planning one of the tastiest, colorful and epic rainbow birthday parties ever!
- Everyone will be talking about all the awesome ideas and looking forward to your other planned parties throughout the year!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!