How to throw a camping themed party for boys and girls. Here are games, favors, food ideas and more. Unique Birthday party idea that’s so much fun!
I always like to come up with new Birthday party ideas and since we have one in June I thought a camping themed party would be a great idea! I came up with a few fun camping Birthday foods and found some more from other bloggers that we loved too. Here’s an easy way to throw a camping party too! (affiliate links present) (originally published 2/16)
Camping parties are great for boys and girls, and is a pretty inexpensive idea and probably different from most parties they’ve had before. You can include a sleepover and set up tents in the backyard, sleep in teepees, or even inside if you have a large area, or have a mock sleepover and just have them stay until just before bedtime and have tons of camping games, foods and decorations! You may have a lot of things you could use to decorate in your plethora of camping supplies in the garage but beyond that here are ways to decorate, activities, and foods to make. To start with here are some adorable camping party invitations that will let attendees know they’re in for some fun!
Camping themed party
- Making Mud Dough – seriously they will go crazy over this, so fun, you can also make brown slime which is a hoot and will keep them busy for a long time as well as a parting gift when they leave
- Printable Camping Charades – “old fashioned” game that many kids probably haven’t played but will surely enjoy
- Free Nature Scavenger Hunt – who doesn’t love a scavenger hunt
- How to Play Kick the Can – fun game all ages can enjoy
- Throw glow rings on to this inflatable fire prop, makes for an easy game for all ages and can be reused during the summer for cheap fun.
Camping party Decorations
- Into The Woods: Cut-Out Paper Pennants – inexpensive decorations that are super cute and great for a boy or girl camping themed party
- Tent pinata – “old fashioned” fun again that is always fun and you can use sticks they find during scavenger hunt to break it open
- Build DIY Teepee Tent in 20 Minutes – you can also purchase teepees here that can be used again as a reading nook (we have one and it makes reading a lot more fun)
- Fun Summer DIY Tin Lanterns
- Camping signs – easy decorations you can use to make your party cute
- Camping party favor boxes – fun little giveaways that you can pack with goodies for them to take home
- Camping disposable party napkins and plates – make it easy on yourself and get disposable everything so after the party you can clean up easily and quickly
Camping Party Food
- Easy Baked S’mores in a jar – so fun and no campfire required
- Garlic Parmesan Pigs in a Blanket – super easy dinner or snack everyone will love
- Mason Jar Dirt Pudding – always a fun surprise lurking inside the pudding
- No Flame S’mores Recipe (easy for kids!) – camping isn’t complete without some kind of s’mores something
- Camping cake toppers – if you’re not a professional decorator this will make it look like you were 😉
- Campfire cupcakes – you could use this as an activity too and let them build their own “campfire” cupcake in the evening
Find TONS more decorations and game ideas here that are very affordable and your kids (or adults) will love! Everyone loves a party with a different theme and especially if you have a Summer Birthday a camping themed party would be perfect!!
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!