You’ve got to try these easy baked S’mores in a jar! Decadent chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows in mini mason jars with no campfire required!
We LOVE chocolate. Okay, who doesn’t!! What comes to mind when I think of my favorite chocolate ooey gooey dessert? Well s’mores of course. You aren’t always near a campfire, and you don’t always want to create a sticky mess. So when you want the best of both worlds you can make this dessert hack called S’mores in a Jar. (originally published 9/15, updated 7/17)
It’s an amazing dessert or package up the ingredients and attach this recipe for a gift idea! That way others can make it too. 😉
I like things that are SUPER easy so when I started making 2 ingredient cake I brought that idea to these s’mores in a jar to make them even easier to throw together! That is right..you just need 2 ingredients to make this decadent chocolate cake batter which is the base to this dessert in a jar.
- I used a can of Coke to make it a 2 ingredient cake, but you could substitute for a can of Dr.Pepper. I you can find chocolate soda that is amazing!!
I amp the cake up even more by adding some chocolate chips too so they turn out ooey gooey inside when they’re done.
This is what you’ll need to make these easy baked s’mores in a jar:
- Devils Food cake mix
- 1 can of Coke or other dark soda
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate bar, or small snack size bars
- Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 Pint Mason Jars
Here’s the printable recipe and video showing you how they’re made!
These are perfect if you’re throwing a s’mores birthday party, are “glamping” in the backyard just for fun but don’t want to start a campfire, or you just want a fun dessert during the week!!
You just can’t go wrong with smores dessert recipes!! Here are a few others to try:
S'Mores in a Jar
- Mix together your can of soda and cake mix well.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Place mason jars on a cookie sheet and spray non stick spray inside each one.
- Pour 1/2 c. of cake batter into each one.
- Bake at 350 for approx. 20-23 minutes or until the middle of each one begins to become firm and barely springs back when touched gently.
- Take out and make a small hole with a fork in the middle of each one.
- Push 1 marshmallow inside each jar in the middle where the hole is.
- Put back into oven for 2-3 minutes just so marshmallows get soft.
- Take out, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Put 1 piece of chocolate in the middle where marshmallow is.
- Serve and enjoy immediately while they're warm!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉