You’ve got to try these easy baked S’mores in a jar! Decadent chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows in mini mason jars with no campfire required!
You aren’t always near a campfire, and you don’t always want to create a sticky mess. So when you want the best of both worlds you can make this dessert hack called S’mores in a Jar. (originally published 9/15, updated 7/17)
We LOVE chocolate. Okay, who doesn’t!! What comes to mind when I think of my favorite chocolate ooey gooey dessert? Well s’mores of course.
It’s an amazing dessert or package up the ingredients and attach this recipe for a gift idea! That way others can make it too. 😉
I like things that are SUPER easy so when I started making 2 ingredient cake I brought that idea to these s’mores in a jar to make them even easier to throw together! That is right..you just need 2 ingredients to make this decadent chocolate cake batter which is the base to this dessert in a jar.
- I used a can of Coke to make it a 2 ingredient cake, but you could substitute for a can of Dr.Pepper. I you can find chocolate soda that is amazing!!
I amp the cake up even more by adding some chocolate chips too so they turn out ooey gooey inside when they’re done.
S’mores in a jar
- Devils Food cake mix
- 1 can of Coke or other dark soda
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate bar, or small snack size bars
- Graham cracker crumbs
Here’s the printable recipe and video showing you how they’re made!
These are perfect if you’re throwing a s’mores birthday party, are “glamping” in the backyard just for fun but don’t want to start a campfire, or you just want a fun dessert during the week!!
You just can’t go wrong with smores dessert recipes!! Here are a few others to try:
- S’Mores poke cake is fun to make with the kiddos.
- You can make SMores on the barbecue using bananas!
- Serve these if you are throwing a camping themed party.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
S’Mores in a Jar
- Mix together your can of soda and cake mix well.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Place mason jars on a cookie sheet and spray non stick spray inside each one.
- Pour 1/2 c. of cake batter into each one.
- Bake at 350 for approx. 20-23 minutes or until the middle of each one begins to become firm and barely springs back when touched gently.
- Take out and make a small hole with a fork in the middle of each one.
- Push 1 marshmallow inside each jar in the middle where the hole is.
- Put back into oven for 2-3 minutes just so marshmallows get soft.
- Take out, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Put 1 piece of chocolate in the middle where marshmallow is.
- Serve and enjoy immediately while they’re warm!