This meat lovers pressure cooker mac and cheese recipe is creamy and filled with bacon and sausage! A hearty Instant Pot dinner anyone will love for sure.
I know you love Instant Pot macaroni and cheese but adding sausage and bacon takes it to a whole new level! I was making this for lunch one day but realized I had leftover spicy ground sausage from the day before that needed to be used, and bacon just makes everything taste better so I combined it all and pressure cooker meat lovers mac and cheese is what I came up with. It was amazing!! On top of the list of hearty Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog.
This. Is. It!!
Super ooey gooey cheesy noodles packed with meat……
You could really add any and all types of meat you like into this meat lovers pressure cooker mac and cheese.
If you have a meat lover in your house this will be a hit.
It starts with 4 basic ingredients to make homemade macaroni and cheese, super simple.
Since it’s made in your Instant Pot it takes no time at all and great football food if you’re having a party if you ask me.
This is what you need to make our meat lovers pressure cooker mac and cheese recipe
- Elbow macaroni noodles – or shells like we used here (I use what I have in the cupboard or what is on sale)
- Evaporated milk
- Cheddar cheese – or you could use a few different cheeses, shredded
- Meat – precooked
- Ground sausage – spicy is great
- Anything else you have in mind
Now in our video you see here I had leftover sausage and bacon that was already cooked. If you don’t then start by setting your Instant Pot to saute and adding some olive oil with your meats and cook them first. Then you’ll remove them. Rinse your pot and start with step 1 below and continue from there.
After you make this try one of our other yummy Instant Pot sausage recipes!
Here are Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese directions – load it up with meat too if you wish
- Add your water and noodles into your pot
- Close pressure cooker lid (one that isn’t attached) and close steam valve
- Turn machine on (bottom right button)
- Press pressure button (will automatically set to high)
- Set time to 2 minutes
- Press start
- Do quick release
- Drain majority of water out and set noodles aside
- Leave lids off and press the sear/saute button
- Add your butter until it melts
- Return noodles and add evaporated milk
- Pour in cheese, stir until it melts
- Add more evaporated milk if you want it creamier
- Sprinkle in precooked diced meat if desired to macaroni and cheese and turn pot off
Meat Lovers Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
- 3 c pasta measurement made with uncooked noodles using measuring cup, elbow or small shells
- 4 c water
- 1 c evaporated milk or more
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2-3/4 c bacon precooked, diced
- 1/2-3/4 c sausage precooked, crumbled, spicy ground sausage is best
- 3 c cheese mix of cheddar and jack is great
- Add your uncooked noodles and water to your pressure cooker. Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 2 minutes. Then turn your pot off.
- Do a quick release, drain water and put cooked noodles back into your pot.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute low and add your butter until it melts.
- Then add your evaporated milk and cheese, stir until cheese is melted.
- Add your bacon and sausage (and any other precooked meats), stir in gently and serve immediately for best taste! Add more evaporated milk as you like to thin it out.
- ** Note - if you only want to dirty one pot then after you drain your noodles keep noodles out of your pot and put your pot back into your pressure cooker. Set to saute normal and cook your diced bacon and crumbled ground sausage in your pot, then drain grease (or keep in), add butter until it melts, and then continue with next steps. Add cooked noodles, evaporated milk, cheese, stir and then you're done.
Here’s another peek at our meat lovers mac and cheese!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉