This easy Instant Pot cauliflower mash is so much fun to make and eat! It tastes like mashed potatoes but with made with a head of cauliflower. Packed with a ton of flavor, creamy, and you can use any color cauliflower you can find like purple!
Tell me this naturally purple Instant Pot cauliflower mash isn’t totally cool! I will tell you that if your kids aren’t really fans of vegetables, I bet they will try these!! Not only are they a totally fun vegetable side dish but they are really tasty too. Rich, creamy, cheesy, with a smile on everyone’s face who tries them. They’re a must do sometime during the week. You could make them orange, green or yellow too depending on what color cauliflower you find at the store. I used purple because I have 3 girls and well I thought that it would be “totally cool”! Special thanks goes out to Kitchen Deluxe for sponsoring this post so we could share one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes with you. (originally published 8/17, affiliate links present)
Here’s what you need to make this fun Instant Pot cauliflower mash
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Kitchen Deluxe vegetable steamer use code TYPICALM for 15% off (safety hook included)
- Cauliflower (color of your choice)
- Cream cheese or sour cream (I use what I have on hand)
- Parmesan cheese
- Green onions & garlic powder – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Don’t forget a potato masher
This vegetable steamer is great for just about any veggie you want to make.
- Just pour about 1 1/2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant pot.
- Open the steamer basket up as you see here
- It includes a safety tool too that makes lifting the steamer out of your pot easier and safer too
- Add your cauliflower florets
- Close the lid
- Manual setting for a quick cook time
- Quickly release steam
- Put into food processor or use masher
If you don’t have any of these you can find them on my list of favorite Instant Pot accessories. They aren’t expensive and I use them every week, totally worth it.
Once your cauliflower is nicely steamed and super soft you just pour it into a bowl, add your goodies, mix on low/medium to smooth it out, and serve!
Surprise them one night with this as a side item, I guarantee you’ll get a big “What??!! Cool!”….and they will try it!
Here’s a video showing you how to make Instant Pot cauliflower mash
There you have it. In just about 15 minutes total you can have yourself a fun vegetable Instant Pot dish that is fun and flavorful!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash
- 2 small/med. bunches cauliflower
- 1.5 c water for in pot
- 1/2 stick butter softened, less or more depending on taste
- 1/3 c parmesan
- 1/3 c cream cheese sour cream is good too
- 1 green onion diced, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and cut your cauliflower into pieces removing leaved, bottom portion.
- Pour 1.5-2 c. water into the bottom of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Open Kitchen Deluxe vegetable steamer and place in your Instant Pot.
- Place cut pcs. of cauliflower into your steamer basket.
- Close steam valve. Set Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high, for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Empty steamed cauliflower into a bowl. Drain water in pot.
- Add your butter (softened), cream cheese (will make it a bit stiffer than sour cream) or sour cream, parmesan, salt, and chives or green onions.
- Use a hand mixer on low/med. to blend until you get the desired consistency.
- Enjoy! Add more parmesan and/or onions to top.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉