This easy Instant Pot cauliflower mash is so much fun to make and eat! It tastes like mashed potatoes but with made with a head of cauliflower. Packed with a ton of flavor, creamy, and you can use any color cauliflower you can find like purple!
Tell me this naturally purple Instant Pot cauliflower mash isn’t totally cool! I will tell you that if your kids aren’t really fans of vegetables, I bet they will try these!! Not only are they a totally fun vegetable side dish but they are really tasty too. Rich, creamy, cheesy, with a smile on everyone’s face who tries them….they’re a must do sometime during the week. You could make them orange, green or yellow too depending on what color cauliflower you find at the store. I used purple because I have 3 girls and well I thought that it would be “totally cool”! Special thanks goes out to Kitchen Deluxe for sponsoring this post so we could share one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes with you. (originally published 8/17)
Here’s what you need to make this fun Instant Pot cauliflower mash
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Kitchen Deluxe vegetable steamer use code TYPICALM for 15% off (safety hook included)
- Cauliflower (color of your choice)
- Cream cheese or sour cream (I use what I have on hand)
- Parmesan cheese
- Green onions – optional
This vegetable steamer is great for just about any veggie you want to make. Just pour about 2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant pot, open it up as you see, place it inside, and it holds a bunch so they steam to perfection! In the box it includes a safety tool too that makes lifting the steamer out of your pot easier and safer avoiding the heat on your fingers!
If you don’t have any of these you can find them on my list of favorite Instant Pot accessories. They aren’t expensive and I use them every week, totally worth it.
Once your cauliflower is nicely steamed and super soft you just pour it into a bowl, add your goodies, mix on low/medium to smooth it out, and serve!
Surprise them one night with this as a side item, I guarantee you’ll get a big “What??!! Cool!”….and they will try it!
Here’s a video showing you how to make it.
There you have it…in just about 15 minutes total you can have yourself a fun vegetable Instant Pot dish that is fun and flavorful! You can grab your own helpful Instant Pot vegetable steamer here and get started!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash
- 2 small/med. bunches cauliflower
- 2 c water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/3 c parmesan
- 1/3 c cream cheese sour cream is good too
- 1 green onion diced
- pinch of salt to taste
- Rinse and cut your cauliflower into pieces removing leaved, bottom portion.
- Pour 1.5-2 c. water into the bottom of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Open Kitchen Deluxe vegetable steamer and place in your Instant Pot.
- Place cut pcs. of cauliflower into your steamer basket.
- Close steam valve. Set Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high, for 4 minutes.
- Move steam valve just slightly so steam escapes very slowly.
- Empty steamed cauliflower into a bowl.
- Add your butter (not melted), cream cheese (will make it a bit stiffer than sour cream) or sour cream, parmesan, salt, and chives or green onions.
- Use a hand mixer on low/med. to blend until you get the desired consistency.
- Enjoy! Add more parmesan and/or onions to top.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉