Instant Pot cheesesteak pasta is a great one pot meal you can make in any pressure cooker or Ninja Foodi! I mean Instant Pot steak is fabulous but add cheese and noodles and even your kids will love this.
Cheesy Instant Pot cheesesteak pasta casserole is great! A family favorite comfort food actually around here. If you’re looking for easy InstaPot recipes to try, we have over 100 of them here! (affiliate links present, originally published 5/22)
Cheesesteak Pasta Instant Pot
I bet you’ve had this in it’s “normal” fashion wrapped in a bun with cheese BUT it’s always good to step out of the box. You’ll love this one just as much, maybe more….
Any brand will do just as long as it has the high pressure function. Use your Crockpot Express or if you make it as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe you can melt and make the top layer of cheese a golden brown.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
If you have ever had one of these famous sandwiches you know that they’re packed with flavor for sure, this casserole is no different.
Made in a pressure cooker you can now make this in no time at all. This one pot meal can be thrown together and walk away until the beeper goes off. Then serve since there’s really no side dish necessary.
This is what you’ll need to grab:
- Ground beef or ground spicy sausage
- Beef broth
- Diced bell peppers
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper and/or Italian seasonings
Cheese and lots of it if you ask us!
Ninja Foodi Cheesesteak Pasta
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started:
Typically ribeye steak is what is chosen. Since we are transitioning this favorite meal into a casserole, ground beef is used instead. It makes this meal cheaper and a bit easier to eat for little ones.
Well, it kinda’ says in it’s name: Philadelphia Pennsylvania is where it started by the Olivieri couple.
Traditionally white American or sliced provolone cheese are used, depends on your preference if you’re making it yourself.
2 things you need to remember when making Instant Pot casseroles:
- You MUST deglaze Instant Pot after sauteeing any meat. This means you must get all stuck on meat off the bottom.
- DO NOT stir pasta (or if you’re using rice) in, rather pour it in at the top and gently submerge into liquid.
If you don’t follow these rules, a burn message may occur.
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
Add the olive oil, bell peppers, diced onions and add the ground beef or sausage. Cook until meat is no longer pink. You can add seasonings at this time if you like. Taste and see if you want more. Use some broth to deglaze the pot and get stuck on meat off the bottom so pot doesn’t display burn notice. Stir to combine ingredients in pot and spread meat out on the bottom.
Pour in Worcestershire sauce, any other seasonings, and remaining broth. Then sprinkle uncooked noodles on the top and gently submerge into liquid, do NOT stir. Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for a 6 minute cooking time. Then do a quick release and carefully remove the lid.
Sprinkle in 1.5 cups of your cheese and stir in. Then top with remaining and put lid on ajar just to melt. Then serve! This is what it will look like once all your provolone is melted!
Pressure Cooker Cheesesteak Casserole
You really don’t need a side dish unless you feel the need to have a side salad or other vegetables. I love easy pressure cooker recipes like this where it’s all combined into one pot with veggies, carbs and protein.
I mean if you wanted to use this as the base of a variety of casseroles you could. Just mess around with the meat you use. Instead, next time you could dice chicken and use that instead.
- Same liquid and noodle amounts should stay the same though.
- That is how you can create a ton of different pressure cooker casserole recipes yourself really.
Use different types of small/medium sized pastas to mix it up with different seasonings here and there. I love Old Bay in anything seriously.
Steak with Pasta in Instant Pot
Looking for more easy Instant Pot pasta recipes to try after this one? Of course we have many more but I will list a few of our favorites that get thumbs up from everyone in our home:
- Instant Pot ground beef and rice is similar but using long grain or Jasmine rice instead of noodles.
- If you love pre cooked kielbasa, I would make our Instant Pot sausage and rice casserole. It’s a family friendly recipe that’s super cheesy.
- Our Instant Pot beef and noodles is incredible.
- Something a bit different, but with ground beef inside are the air fryer empanadas we made the other day.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Cheesesteak Pasta
- Use saute and add ground beef, onions, and bell peppers until meat is no longer pink. Then turn pot off. Push meat aside and deglaze pot to remove stuck on meat off bottom. Use a bit of your broth to scrape it all off.
- Spread meat out on the bottom of the pot. Pour in the rest of your broth, garlic, seasonings and Worc. sauce.
- Sprinkle in uncooked small noodles on top and gently submerge into top of liquid, do NOT stir.
- Close lid and steam valve. Set to high pressure for 6 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Stir in 1.5 c of cheese until melted. Then sprinkle remaining on top. Place lid on top for a few minutes so that can melt too and then serve.