Pressure cooker Chinese pepper steak is packed with flavor and perfect for dinner tonight. Throw it into your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi for a healthy meal.
Do you love pepper steak at restaurants? Well this pressure cooker Chinese pepper steak is really easy to make and done in NO time at all. There’s nothing like making a healthy Instant Pot recipe in under 30 minutes that your whole family will enjoy.
- You can make this in your Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi too. Any brand will work!
The beef is tender, packed with flavor, and it’s full of fresh vegetables too. Add as many as you’d like really. a fresh tomato and red bell peppers were used this time.
It is easiest if you do all the prep work beforehand, but that doesn’t take long. You could put the meat and marinade in a freezer bag and put into the fridge overnight too if you wanted.
This would create a really intense flavor since the steak would absorb the sauce. That is totally up to you but that would require you to think about dinner the night before.
What is Chinese pepper?
- Sichuan pepper is a spice in Chinese cuisine that is commonly used in the Sichuan cuisine The pericarp is most often used. The leaves of various species are also used in some regions of China.
You can use regular pepper if you prefer, that is what we feature in this recipe to make it easier.
Ingredients for pressure cooker Chinese pepper steak
- Vegetable oil
- Boneless beef round steak
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- or Szechuan pepper diced very small
- Hoisin sauce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Red bell peppers, cut in strips
- onions and green peppers work too
- Water or broth
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Serve over brown or white rice
- Remove excess fat from your steaks. Cut into thin beef strips.
- Turn your pressure cooker to saute. Add vegetable oil and let it heat for 1-2 minutes, then add in the steak. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, seasonings, hoisin sauce, sugar, tomato and bell peppers.
- Whisk cornstarch with the cold water or broth in a small cup until smooth. Pour it into the your pressure cooker and stir all the ingredients together.
- Close the lid and steam valve.
- Set to pressure cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a quick release at the end of the cooking time.
- Serve beef and peppers on top of rice! A splash of soy sauce on top is great too.
It is a bit like our Instant Pot stir fry but with some heat!
What kind of beef is used for a stir fry of this kind?
- Most use the tenderest beef cuts such as sirloin, tri-tip, ribeye, top loin (strip), tenderloin, shoulder center, or shoulder petite tender. All of these can be cut into strips for use in traditional or unique stir fry recipes like these.
Another similar dish you’ve got to make are our air fryer fajitas!
If you love this one, try our pressure cooker hoisin chicken which has some of the same flavors. It is mild and has chicken instead of beef, a great dinner for tomorrow night though.
Looking for other pressure cooker Ninja Foodi recipes?
- Pressure cooker sausage, onions and peppers is so easy, cheap and healthy.
- Ninja Foodi beef and broccoli is a simple meal too that’s good for you.
- Then try Instant Pot fajitas with tons of bell peppers.
- And our 3 ingredient Instant Pot teriyaki chicken is to die for.
Let us know what you think of this Instant Pot pepper steak recipe.
Pressure Cooker Chinese Pepper Steak
- Remove excess fat from steaks. Cut steak into thin strips.
- Turn the pressure cooker on to saute mode. Add vegetable oil and let it heat for 1-2 minutes and then add in the steak.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic, seasonings, hoisin sauce, sugar, tomato and bell peppers.
- Whisk the cornstarch with the water or broth in a small cup until smooth. Pour it into the pressure cooker and stir all the ingredients together.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker. Turn the pressure valve to sealing.Set for a manual high-pressure time of 3 minutes.
- Allow for a quick pressure release at the end of the cooking time. Serve over rice!