This Crockpot apple dump cake is ooey gooey with caramel and pecans in it too. Top with vanilla ice cream and OH MY it’s a great slow cooker dessert.
Ever wondered if you could make a Crockpot apple dump cake and skip the oven entirely? Well we have a recipe for you that’s beyond sweet. Find this and more on our Crock pot recipes page.
Crockpot Dump Cake Apple
- We do have a LOT of easy dump cake recipes on our site! Why?
Because I’m not a fancy baker and it’s all about taste for us, not how pretty it is. If you can just scoop it up instead of slicing super pretty it’s a go for me. Means it is super moist and ready to eat.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Crockpot Dump Cake
- Years ago we made this Crockpot lava cake packed with lots of chocolate and cherry. OH MY was it gooey and amazing.
This time we used a different cake mix and flavor of pie filling to make this Crockpot dump cake. With that said you could use this as a base and swap out different fruit fillings and mixes to make SO many different combinations.
Crock pot apple dump cake recipe
- Box of cake mix
- vanilla was used but if I can find spice cake mix I prefer that actually
- yellow cake mix works great too
- it’s usually in stores at the beginning of August or so to make this Fall dessert, or buy it online here
- Stick of butter
- from the fridge, not melted butter
- Can of pie filling
- country apple pie filling was used this time
- Bottle of caramel sauce
- Nuts are a great add in
- pecans were chosen this time
- walnuts would be a good choice too
Of course you can use similar ingredients in the oven and make our apple spice dump cake in there, but I would give this one a whirl too. Then decide which one your family loves best.
Now this recipe does not use fresh apples. If you’re wondering what to make with lots of apples I would opt for our Crockpot apple crisp recipe. That is the best using Granny Smith!
Crockpot apple cobbler with cake mix
- First you’ll want to spray the inside of your pot with non stick spray. This will be helpful for cleanup later.
- Spread out your pie filling on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle any nuts you want over that followed by your caramel sauce.
- Now you want to sprinkle your dry cake mix on top of that evenly across the pot so it cooks evenly.
- remember this will be a gooey scoop out slow cooker apple dump cake of sorts so it will not rise or be able to be sliced.
- Slice your butter and place pats across the top evenly and then cover and cook set to low.
- This will take 4-6 hours to meld together, serve when it is as firm as you’d like.
- firm is a very loose term when it comes to this because remember it will be more like a thin bread pudding if I had to compare it to something, very wet.
Scoop out and serve as is or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top when it is still warm so it melts. Serve with a paper towel though because it’s sticky!
Slow Cooker Dessert Using Cake Mix
Another way to make a cake in Crockpot is to do it individually in ramekins, I have done that too. The nice thing about this way is it doesn’t stick and it becomes more cake-like in consistency.
The reason I like Crockpot recipes in general is because you can throw everything in and walk away. This one is closer to that quick method.
- When it comes to dessert recipes I’m all about easy.
- This is that in a nutshell.
Looking for more pie filling recipes?
- This cherry pie filling dump cake does rise quite well and is truly EASY with just 3 ingredients!
- Our blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes are really fun to throw together and taste like the most moist and delicious blueberry muffins ever.
- Apple pie bread pudding uses apple like this one and is fantastic to bring to a potluck or just for a family treat.
Printable recipe with nutritional information is below. If you use other ingredients it will vary a bit but really just enjoy it, everything in moderation my friends!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non stick spray. Spread pie filling on the bottom evenly.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of that followed by caramel topping.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of that covering other ingredients entirely. Pat down gently.
- Put sliced butter on top evenly and close lid.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until it has firmed up on edges and browned.
- Scoop out and serve topped with ice cream and more nuts.