This Crockpot apple dump cake is ooey gooey with caramel and pecans in it too. Top with vanilla ice cream and OH MY it’s a great slow cooker dessert.
Ever wondered if you could make a Crockpot apple dump cake and skip the oven entirely? Well we have a recipe for you that’s beyond sweet. Find this and more on our Crock pot recipes page.
- We do have a LOT of easy dump cake recipes on our site! Why?
Because I’m not a fancy baker and it’s all about taste for us, not how pretty it is.
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
- Years ago we made this Crockpot lava cake packed with lots of chocolate and cherry. OH MY was it gooey and amazing.
This time we used a different cake mix and flavor of pie filling to make this Crockpot dump cake. With that said you could use this as a base and swap out different fruit fillings and mixes to make SO many different combinations.
Crock pot apple dump cake recipe
- Box of cake mix
- vanilla was used but if I can find spice cake mix I prefer that actually
- yellow cake mix works great too
- it’s usually in stores at the beginning of August or so to make this Fall dessert, or buy it online here
- Stick of butter
- from the fridge, not melted butter
- Can of pie filling
- country apple pie filling was used this time
- Bottle of caramel sauce
- Nuts are a great add in
- pecans were chosen this time
- walnuts would be a good choice too
Of course you can use similar ingredients in the oven and make our apple spice dump cake in there, but I would give this one a whirl too. Then decide which one your family loves best.
Now this recipe does not use fresh apples. If you’re wondering what to make with lots of apples I would opt for our Crockpot apple crisp recipe. That is the best using Granny Smith!
Crockpot apple cobbler with cake mix
- First you’ll want to spray the inside of your pot with non stick spray. This will be helpful for cleanup later.
- Spread out your pie filling on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle any nuts you want over that followed by your caramel sauce.
- Now you want to sprinkle your dry cake mix on top of that evenly across the pot so it cooks evenly.
- remember this will be a gooey scoop out slow cooker apple dump cake of sorts so it will not rise or be able to be sliced.
- Slice your butter and place pats across the top evenly and then cover and cook set to low.
- This will take 4-6 hours to meld together, serve when it is as firm as you’d like.
- firm is a very loose term when it comes to this because remember it will be more like a thin bread pudding if I had to compare it to something, very wet.
Scoop out and serve as is or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top when it is still warm so it melts. Serve with a paper towel though because it’s sticky!
Another way to make a cake in Crockpot is to do it individually in ramekins, I have done that too. The nice thing about this way is it doesn’t stick and it becomes more cake-like in consistency.
The reason I like Crockpot recipes in general is because you can throw everything in and walk away. This one is closer to that quick method.
- When it comes to dessert recipes I’m all about easy.
- This is that in a nutshell.
Looking for more pie filling recipes?
- This cherry pie filling dump cake does rise quite well and is truly EASY with just 3 ingredients!
- Our blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes are really fun to throw together and taste like the most moist and delicious blueberry muffins ever.
- Apple pie bread pudding uses apple like this one and is fantastic to bring to a potluck or just for a family treat.
Printable recipe with nutritional information is below. If you use other ingredients it will vary a bit but really just enjoy it, everything in moderation my friends!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non stick spray. Spread pie filling on the bottom evenly.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of that followed by caramel topping.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of that covering other ingredients entirely. Pat down gently.
- Put sliced butter on top evenly and close lid.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until it has firmed up on edges and browned.
- Scoop out and serve topped with ice cream and more nuts.