Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta is so good and easy to make for your family! If you love seafood you’ll love how easy it is made in your pressure cooker.
Ready for more easy Instant Pot recipes? Well this Instant Pot shrimp alfredo was a winner with my whole family so we figured we’d share it with you today! It’s a bit like fettuccine alfredo but loaded with shrimp and topped with a bit of parmesan too. We just can’t get enough cheese here. (affiliate links present)
- Have you made Instant Pot shrimp yet?? It’s a way to cook one of our favorite Instant Pot shrimp recipes in just 1 minute. We’re adding them raw here.
For this Instant Pot shrimp alfredo recipe we thawed our shrimp out overnight and put them in our one pot meal raw so everything could cook together perfectly.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Knowing how to cook frozen shrimp in your Instant Pot is helpful too if you just want a bowl of these yummy suckers for lunch!
I must say…our family is OBSESSED with anything seafood related. My kids even love sushi!
- If you haven’t introduced yours to shrimp or tried our Instant Pot fish recipe you really should.
Mine weren’t super fans right at first but it didn’t take long for them to be “hooked”. 😉
This is a peek at how we made this, step by step above.
Although I didn’t really call it this but I added our Instant Pot shrimp alfredo to this roundup of Instant Pot casseroles because it kinda’ falls into that category of everything cooked in the same pot.
You could probably add 1/2 c of frozen peas if you felt it really needed a veggie.
Here’s how it came out looking like with such a short pressure cook time.
- OMG….like so good.
I really wasn’t sure how to it would turn out, or if it would turn out at all. Happily surprised I was when it did so I could gobble it up for lunch. Loved that cooking pasta on the stovetop wasn’t needed.
Best type of shrimp to use for Instant Pot shrimp alfredo
Jumbo size shrimp – This size shrimp may look too big to eat but when they’re cooked they shrink quite a bit and become bite sized!
- If you put them in completely frozen they will make this pasta more watery, that is not our preference.
- Feel free to buy at the meat counter already thawed, or buy frozen like we did and leave them in a bowl or baggie in the fridge overnight to thaw out.
If you have No shells:
Goes without saying but it would be very difficult to pick them out of the meal to take off the shells, would be a complete mess too. Remove shells and tails before you add them into your pressure cooker
Ingredients needed to make Instant Pot shrimp pasta
- Jumbo shrimp – add the shrimp in raw, without shells and deveined
- You could almost alter this to add chicken instead if you wanted
Alfredo sauce – I used this jarred sauce to make it super easy. If you’d rather make your own homemade alfredo sauce, have at it (just make it in a separate bowl and whisk together so it is smooth before adding, make 15 oz of it, about 2 c.).
- Minced garlic
- Water – I use vegetable or chicken broth for added flavor, any would work
- Uncooked pasta – I used rotini but small/med. shells would work
- Grated parmesan cheeses and/or romano cheese – I used a little of each
Season with salt and pepper at the end if you desire.
Ready to make a few other easy shrimp recipes once you’re done with this one?
- Zucchini noodles and shrimp is great, and if you haven’t tried zoodles you must!
- Lemon garlic butter shrimp sounds amazing and is on our list.
But I would highly recommend your next one be this Instant Pot bang bang shrimp pasta dish!
We’ve got a great pressure cooker fish recipes roundup here too.
If you feel like you need a tasty side dish for your shrimp alfredo pasta here are a few ideas:
- Easy pull apart bread recipe – like garlic monkey bread but easier
- Instant Pot corn always works as a vegetable side dish
- Instant Pot spinach
Here’s your printable recipe to follow for one of our favorite pressure cooker recipes here.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo
- Add your onions, garlic and alfredo sauce into your pot, stir until combined. If you like your shrimp on the well done side add those in now too. (we did, you can see in the photos)
- Pour in your water or broth and stir until smooth. Add peeled jumbo shrimp on top now. If you're using really tiny shrimp wait to add those until later.
- Pour in your uncooked noodles and submerge into the liquid.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 3 minutes. (if you like your small noodles to be more al dente, set for 2 min.)
- Quick release. If you have very small shrimp just add them to the top of your done alfredo inside your pot now and close the lid back up for 5 mintues to steam them. Then add grated romano and parmesan cheeses and stir so they melt. Serve!