2 Easy Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo recipe ideas to choose from. Make homemade alfredo sauce or jarred can be used. Your whole family is sure to love this with chicken breasts or plain. Inexpensive pressure cooker meal winner of a dinner.
If you’re looking for another new meal in my long list of Instant Pot recipes I have one right now! This easy Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo recipe is creamy and buttery goodness everyone in your house will love. You could even add diced chicken for a heartier dinner idea but as is it is wonderful. (originally published 6/18, affiliate links present)
- It is definitely one of our cheap Instant Pot recipes because you only need a few ingredients and they’re inexpensive to pick up.
You may already have everything for our Instant Pot fettuccini alfredo at home already!
Here’s how easy it is to make in your electric pressure cooker.
The basic steps to make Instant Pot chicken fettuccine alfredo are here.
You’ll need to break your fettuccine noodles in half to fit them properly in your pot, I did the same thing when I make Instant Pot spaghetti.
- In my opinion it is easier to eat when they are a bit shorter anyway.
Now you can make this alfredo as thick or as thin as you want.
Use more or less half and half and/or cornstarch to adjust it to the thickness you desire.
- To add meat just put in shredded rotisserie chicken (or drained, canned) after the pressure cooking process is done.
It’s super easy.
This is what you’ll need to make this easy Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo recipe
Recipe #1 using homemade sauce
- Fettuccine noodles
- Chicken broth or stock
- Garlic – I use jarred minced
- Parmesan cheese
- Half and half or heavy cream
- Oil – I always use olive oil
- Salt – optional
- Cornstarch – thickener, optional
- Add a can of chicken when you take lid off to add some protein too!
If you want to add shrimp on top here is how to defrost frozen Instant Pot shrimp, or cook fresh.
- Our Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta is fabulous too with the same flavors as this fettuccine recipe but quicker and uses jarred sauce, both are great.
#2 Instant Pot fettuccini alfredo with jarred sauce is made this way:
You will need:
- 15 oz. jar of alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups small uncooked noodles, I like medium shells
Second to our Kraft Mac and Cheese in a pressure cooker, this is a quick meal I can throw together with 3 ingredients.
- Add 1 jar of alfredo sauce – 15 ounces
- Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth
- Then pour the 2nd cup of broth inside your alfredo jar, add the top and shake. Pour this into your pot now.
- Sprinkle in 3 cups of medium shells or other small uncooked noodles, stir.
- Set to pressure cook high for a 4 minute cook time
- Allow steam to naturally release for 2 minutes
- Then quick release the pressure and open lid.
- Turn pot off, add salt and pepper to taste, stir and serve hot, add parmesan on top if you’d like
You could easily add a can of drained canned chicken to either one. If you just want a fast meal that will take 10 minutes start to finish, use the jarred recipe.
- It is necessary to use both alfredo sauce and broth to thin it out. If you just add sauce it will be too thick and may cause the burn notice to arrive. I feel it is too thick anyway and needs a little something to thin it out.
Looking for other easy pasta recipes?
- This chicken pasta dish is a winner for our family
- Crockpot chicken alfredo casserole is a slow cooker fave
- Here is a list of many other Instant Pot pasta recipes to enjoy
Here is the printable recipe:
Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- 16 oz fettuccine noodles or small noodles like shells or rotini
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 c parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2-1 c half and half depending on how thick you want it
- 3 tbsp cornstarch optional, depending on how thick you want it
- 1 can chicken drained, optional
- Place pasta, broth, garlic, salt and oil into the instant pot and mix well. You may have to break the pasta in half in order for it to fit.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and close the pressure release valve. Set the pot to manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is complete, quick release steam. Carefully open pot and separate pasta with a fork. Add drained can of chicken now if desired.
- Stir in butter, cheese and half and half. Set pot to saute. In a small bowl add cornstarch mixture and some of your hot liquid, whisk together and add back into pot. Heat until bubbly and thickens.
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley garnish.
And there it is!!
Easy peasy fettuccine alfredo in your Instant Pot.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉