Instant Pot lo mein with chicken is a great dinner for the whole family! Soft flavorful noodles with vegetables all in the same bowl for this one pot meal.
Have you tried chicken Instant Pot lo mein yet? If you love one pot meals with pasta and a light homemade sauce then this will be a winner. One of our favorite quick Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog.
Even my kids love Instant Pot lo mein with chicken.
If you have a favorite sauce by all means use that. But if you need a little help there’s a light yet flavorful lo mein sauce you can follow below too.
Just dice up some chicken, whisk together your sauce, and noodles will come out tender in 4 minutes! Including lots of vegetables, this dinner is just the bomb. You’ve gotta’ try it!
We added chicken to this pressure cooker lo mein but you could add frozen shrimp and skip the saute step too.
What type of chicken to use:
- Boneless skinless
- Chicken breast
- Or chicken thighs
- Either way cut them into bite size pieces
What you need to make this easy chicken Instant Pot lo mein
- Sesame oil
- Wide lo mein noodles
- Vegetables – cabbage, carrot, green onion, snow peas
- Soy sauce
- Chicken stock
If you love this you’ll love these other Instant Pot recipes
- These 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes are great
- Our Instant Pot sesame chicken has a fantastic homemade sauce
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe
- This Instant Pot General Tsos chicken looks yummy too
Find other easy Instant Pot chicken recipes here too!
Instant Pot Lo Mein
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless, diced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 carrot sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 c red cabbage sliced into thin strips
- 1 c snow peas
- 5 green onions diced
- 8 oz noodles wide lo mein noodles, Ka Me was used
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 3/4 c water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 c chicken stock or broth
- Add sesame oil, chicken, minced garlic and salt and pepper to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Saute until the chicken is white.
- Add in vegetables and then top with noodles.
- Whisk together in a bowl your cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and chicken stock. Pour into your pot. Push noodles down if needed so they are as submerged into the liquid as possible.
- Put the lid on your pressure cooker and turn the pressure valve to sealed. Set to high pressure for 4 minutes, doing a quick pressure release when the time has finished.