Instant Pot lo mein with chicken is a great dinner for the whole family! Soft flavorful noodles with vegetables all in the same bowl for this one pot meal.
Have you tried chicken Instant Pot lo mein yet? If you love one pot meals with pasta and a light homemade sauce then this will be a winner. One of our favorite quick Instant Pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog.
If you have a favorite sauce by all means use that.
But if you need a little help there’s a light yet flavorful lo mein sauce you can follow below too.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot lo mein
Just dice up some chicken, whisk together your sauce, and noodles will come out tender in 4 minutes! Including lots of vegetables, this dinner is just the bomb. You’ve gotta’ try it!
Pressure cooker lo mein
What type of chicken to use:
- Boneless skinless
- Chicken breast
- Or chicken thighs
- Either way cut them into bite size pieces
Chicken Instant Pot lo mein
- Sesame oil
- Wide lo mein noodles
- Vegetables – cabbage, carrot, green onion, snow peas
- Soy sauce
- Chicken broth
Cornstarch is used to thicken the sauce a bit. If you cannot have this and need this to be gluten free you can omit.
If you love this easy recipe you’ll love these other easy Ninja Foodi recipes
- These 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes are great
- Our Instant Pot sesame chicken has a fantastic homemade sauce
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe
- This Instant Pot General Tsos chicken looks yummy too
- Find other easy Instant Pot chicken recipes here too!
Time needed: 8 minutes.
Instant Pot Lo Mein
Add sesame oil, chicken, minced garlic and salt and pepper to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Saute until the chicken is white. Turn pot off.
Add in vegetables. Then break Chinese noodles into 3rds, put noodles on top.
Whisk together in a bowl your cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and chicken stock in a bowl. Pour into your pot.
Push noodles down if needed so they are as submerged into the liquid as much as possible. Do NOT stir the noodles in with other ingredients.
Put the lid on your pressure cooker and turn the pressure valve to sealed.
Set to high pressure cook for 4 minutes cooking time. Do a quick release when the time has finished. Everything will be cooked perfectly in this short of a time.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Serve with broccoli florets on the side and it’s a great meal. Don’t add these in at the same time because it takes longer for noodles to cook than this tender veggie.
Ninja Foodi Lo Mein
Use the same instructions below for any brand of pressure cooker. Jump to recipe below.
Instant Pot Lo Mein
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, diced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 carrot sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 c red cabbage sliced into thin strips
- 1 c snow peas
- 5 green onions diced
- 8 oz noodles wide lo mein noodles, Ka Me was used
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 3/4 c water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 c chicken stock or broth
- Add sesame oil, chicken, minced garlic and salt and pepper to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Saute until the chicken is white. Turn pot off.
- Add in vegetables. Then break noodles into 3rds, put noodles on top.
- Whisk together in a bowl your cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and chicken stock in a bowl. Pour into your pot. Push noodles down if needed so they are as submerged into the liquid as much as possible.
- Put the lid on your pressure cooker and turn the pressure valve to sealed. Set to high pressure for 4 minutes, doing a quick pressure release when the time has finished.