This chocolate cherry dump cake only requires 3 ingredients and it is the moistest cake packed with sweet cherries you will ever make. Perfect dessert.
Oh how we love easy dump cake recipes here on The Typical Mom, and this chocolate cherry dump cake is now on the top of our list of favorites.
Last year we made cherry brownies that are a bit similar to our cherry Devils food cake but not quite as fluffy. 😉 Both are just amazing…you can’t go wrong with either one really.
They both only require 3 ingredients which is great, especially when company comes over unexpectedly or you just need a chocolate fix fast!
If you’re unfamiliar with dump cakes they are just that, dump a few ingredients in a bowl, stir, throw it in a pan and bake!
You wouldn’t think that NOT following directions on the cake box would turn out so well but I’m convinced that mixing just about anything with a can of pie filling = a yum success of sorts. 😉
Keys to making the best chocolate cherry dump cake
- Mix in your can of cherry pie filling last
- Use a spatula and very gently fold them in so the cherries don’t totally break apart
- Do NOT over bake your cherry chocolate cake
- Take out immediately when the middle of the cake springs back when you gently touch the center.
Use a 13×9 pan sprayed with a bit of non stick spray and you’re set to throw it into the oven.
Of course it is plenty sweet enough served alone but if you want to really want to go all out you can top it with a dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice cream too….OH MY.
What you need to make this easy chocolate cherry dump cake
- Box of chocolate cake – I like this one
- Can of cherry pie filling
- Mini chocolate chips – optional if you want MORE chocolate
Other easy dump cakes you’ll love after making this one:
Our Coca Cola chocolate cake is pretty amazing if you’re a chocoholic like I am at times.
Here’s the printable recipe to follow.
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- 1 box cake mix devil's food
- 3 eggs
- 1 can cherry pie mix 21 oz
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips optional
- Mix together cake mix and your eggs so batter is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cherry pie filling to cake mix batter and use a spatula to gently mix it together. Fold in chocolate chips if desired too.
- Spray non stick spray into a 13x9 cake pan and pour batter in, evenly distribute across pan so it is the same thickness across.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until middle springs back when touched gently in the center of the cake.
- Allow to cool if you want slices to cut smoothly and not break apart, serve with vanilla ice cream on top or as is.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉