These 2 ingredient apple pie monkey bread muffins are amazing! A quick breakfast or dessert that just takes 15 minutes to make. You’ve got to try them!
I must say when I made these apple pie monkey bread muffins as I call them I wasn’t quite sure if they would even turn out. A lot of what I try is an experiment but many times I am pleasantly surprised and may I say these are one of the most delicious things I’ve ever made! One of the best muffin recipes we have. (originally published 4/17, affiliate links present)
They are SO simple to make with just 2 ingredients and inexpensive too. Monkey bread muffins make a perfect weekend breakfast, dessert, or addition to any brunch too!
- Yes you can make homemade apple pie filling if you want.
- BUT if you want a throw it together treat, just use canned.
Since they are already portioned out they are easier to serve, and have that great apple pie flavor filled with cinnamon that we all love!
I say they are not just muffins but monkey bread too because you could easily throw out the forks and just eat with your hands since it pulls apart easily, and are fun to eat!
Monkey bread muffins
- 1 can apple pie filling (21 oz, could use other flavors) – or make your own apple pie filling
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls (you will use the frosting that is included as well)
- or use frozen Rhodes cinnamon rolls
- 1 muffin pan of course
So easy right?!!
I love simple and something that only needs a few ingredients.
This is a really easy recipe you could whip up when you’ve forgotten you were supposed to bring something.
The ingredients could be kept in your house for a “just in case” dish….or make it a weekend breakfast treat that you know everyone will love but they’ll never know just how easy it is to make. 😉
We have a lot of them to choose from but if EASY is the name of the game, here are a few you will love:
- Caramel pumpkin monkey bread or our chocolate Rhodes monkey bread are the perfect Fall treats
- Use your Ninja Foodi or hot air machine to make air fryer monkey bread too
- Our Apple spice dump cake and air fryer hand pies with this same filling are always winners
- Apple pie stuffed cinnamon roll waffles are out of this world
Our apple carrot muffins are a great combo too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Apple Pie Monkey Bread Muffins
- Cut cinnamon rolls into 9 pieces per roll and put into a bowl.
- Empty pie filling into the same bowl. Use a knife to gently cut the larger pieces of apple up into smaller pieces.
- Stir together well.
- Spray a muffin tin well with non stick spray.
- Spoon apple pie monkey bread mixture into muffin tin holes, there will be exactly enough to fill 12 muffin tin holes.
- Move oven rack to lower level and put into oven at 350 for approx 20 minutes or until cinnamon roll pieces have browned.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes so they solidify and stay together in muffin form when taken out to serve!