This easy crockpot cinnamon roll monkey bread casserole is perfect for dessert or breakfast! Use any pie filling you like and with 3 ingredients it’s done!
If you’ve followed The Typical Mom at all you know I love easy throw together meals and desserts! This crockpot cinnamon roll monkey bread with cherries is just that. Add apple pie filling for an easy slow cooker breakfast casserole, or use blueberry for a sweet dessert with icing drizzled on top. All you need are 3 ingredients to make it and it’s perfect for Christmas morning too! One of our favorite dessert crockpot recipes that never lasts long in this house! 😉 (originally published 9/17)
Yes….3 ingredients (really just 2) is all and you can pick your favorite pie filling to make it just the way you want.
We chose cherry but blueberry or apple monkey bread would be fabulous too.
Here’s what you need to grab to make crockpot cinnamon roll monkey bread
I love easy things I can throw together in the morning when we wake up on Christmas morning. We usually make this easy crockpot breakfast casserole recipe too and since I have several slow cookers I can make both and we are set for not only the morning but into the early afternoon if someone gets a little hungry later.
If you’re making it for dessert just pop it in just before you are beginning to cook dinner and since it only takes 2-3 hrs. it will be ready after you’ve eaten, cleaned up, and let your food settle.
You can add vanilla or cream cheese frosting to the top if you want or just eat as is and it’s a sweet treat that is inexpensive to make and you can change it up with different flavors.
Cherry is wonderful as you can see but apple is amazing! That is also yummy with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. We’ve made this in muffin tins too which is fun and easy to pick up.
If you don’t have a few hours to make this just use our apple pie monkey bread muffins recipe and get the same taste in just 20 minutes!
It’s the perfect Christmas morning breakfast.
Here’s a video showing you how we make our crockpot cinnamon roll breakfast casserole.
Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with non stick spray (I used my 6 qt)
- Cut 1 pkg. of your cinnamon rolls into 6 pcs. each roll and lay them flat on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour your can of pie filling on top of that layer, spread out evenly.
- Cut the last pkg. of your cinnamon rolls into 6 pcs. each cinnamon roll and spread evenly on top of your pie filling.
- Pour the 2 containers of frosting that came in your cinnamon roll tubes on top of your top layer of cinn. roll pcs.
- Close your lid and cook for 2 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low or until the middle pcs are no longer sticky (outside pcs will be more done than the middle).
- Scoop out on to plates and serve with drizzle of frosting if desired.
Best if served immediately, just scoop out on to a plate and you can pick it apart easily with your fingers since it’s monkey bread.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉