Caramel pecan crockpot french toast casserole is insane!! It’s SO easy to make and a perfect brunch or Christmas breakfast!! If you loved our air fryer French toast you’ll love our slow cooker style too!
I must say this is caramel pecan crockpot french toast casserole is one is the most insanely delicious desserts I have ever made, and it’s SO easy too! If you follow The Typical Mom at all you know I’m a bit obsessed with crockpot recipes so this one is made in that which makes it perfect for holidays like Christmas morning (or any time really)! (originally published 8/16)
Slow Cooker French Toast
I know….and yes it tastes as amazing as it looks (actually better).
- I had most of the ingredients at home (which is my kinda’ recipe) but instead of a regular loaf of bread I have used before when I’ve made my caramel apple bread pudding, I instead used Hawaiian sweet rolls!
You kind of layer it like a lasagna once you have everything mixed together, turn it on and it is done in 2/5-3 hours. Think about Christmas morning or if you are having guests over for brunch.
- It literally only takes maybe 10 minutes to put it all together, turn it on while you’re chatting or opening presents and then this caramel pecan french toast casserole is done! Here is the printable recipe.
Crockpot French Toast
- Bread – I like Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Brown sugar
- Add ins
- Caramel bits
I cook mine for 2.5 hours and it was perfect but keep an eye on it after this time until the egg sets.
- If you like it a bit drier cook closer to 3 hours. Here’s a quick rundown showing you just how easy it is.
It is scrumptiously sweet and SO easy to make. Serve as is or with some apple butter on the side.
- If you don’t have a large crockpot this is my favorite one. The only item you may have trouble finding but can order are caramel bits (I use them all the time). Enjoy my friends!
Here is the printable recipe for your crockpot.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot French Toast
- Cube sweet rolls or french bread (I used 1.5 of the 2 packages of sweet rolls), set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, and 1 pinch cinnamon in a bowl, whisk together.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 pinch cinnamon, pecans, and caramel bits in another bowl.
- Put crockpot on low and lay half of your cubed bread on the bottom and pour melted butter on top of this layer.
- Put 1.5 c. of egg mixture on top of this layer, sprinkle some of the brown sugar mixture on top too.
- Add the remaining cubed bread, then egg, then brown sugar mix, then one more layer with the brown sugar mixture left on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2.5-3 hours or until egg is cooked. Serve.