Caramel pecan crockpot french toast casserole is insane!! It’s SO easy to make and a perfect brunch or Christmas breakfast!! Slow cooker style!
I must say this is caramel pecan crockpot french toast casserole is one is the most insanely delicious desserts I have ever made, and it’s SO easy too! If you follow The Typical Mom at all you know I’m a bit obsessed with crockpot recipes so this one is made in that which makes it perfect for holidays like Christmas morning (or any time really)! (originally published 8/16)
I know….and yes it tastes as amazing as it looks (actually better).
- I had most of the ingredients at home (which is my kinda’ recipe) but instead of a regular loaf of bread I have used before when I’ve made my caramel bread pudding, I instead used Hawaiian sweet rolls!
You kind of layer it like a lasagna once you have everything mixed together, turn it on and it is done in 2/5-3 hours. Think about Christmas morning or if you are having guests over for brunch.
- It literally only takes maybe 10 minutes to put it all together, turn it on while you’re chatting or opening presents and then this caramel pecan french toast casserole is done! Here is the printable recipe.
This is what you need for crockpot french toast casserole
- Bread – I like Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Brown sugar
- Add ins
- Caramel bits
I cook mine for 2.5 hours and it was perfect but keep an eye on it after this time until the egg sets.
- If you like it a bit drier cook closer to 3 hours. Here’s a quick rundown showing you just how easy it is.
It is scrumptiously sweet and SO easy to make.
- If you don’t have a large crockpot this is my favorite one. The only item you may have trouble finding but can order are caramel bits (I use them all the time). Enjoy my friends!
Here is the printable recipe for your crockpot.
Caramel pecan french toast casserole
- Cube sweet rolls or french bread (I used 1.5 of the 2 packages of sweet rolls), set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, and 1 pinch cinnamon in a bowl, whisk together.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 pinch cinnamon, pecans, and caramel bits in another bowl.
- Put crockpot on low and put a layer of cubed bread on bottom and pour melted butter on top of this layer.
- Put 1.5 c. of egg mixture on top of this layer, sprinkle some of the brown sugar mixture on top too.
- Add another layer of bread, then egg, then brown sugar mix, then one more layer with the brown sugar mixture left on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2.5-3 hours or until egg is cooked. Serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉