Pumpkin crockpot bread pudding is amazing for breakfast or dessert!! So easy to make and the perfect Fall dessert your entire family and guests will love.
Yes, I’m all about my slow cooker! Not just for dinner, but dessert too. If you’ve never cooked sweets in there before you’ve got to try this pumpkin crockpot bread pudding! It is not just for the chilly season, it can easily be made year round but quite frankly it’s perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning when you just want to sit and enjoy one another. Here’s the recipe to one of our favorite breakfast crockpot recipes. (originally published 10/16, affiliate links present)
Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
Looks easy enough right??!! Well nothing on my site is difficult, or does it require a lot of ingredients so you’ve got to give this one a try. Yes you can make cinnamon raisin bread pudding in your oven but during the hot summertime y’all don’t want to heat up your house anymore than need be.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Bread Pudding in the Slow Cooker
I have made crockpot pumpkin bread which was amazing so thought I’d follow it up with bread pudding plus a pumpkin flavor. It’s perfect when it gets chilly outside.
Crockpot Raisin Bread Pudding
I think adding lots of raisins makes it super yummy and/or you could take the skin off an apple and dice it up layering it with the bread and/or raisins as well!
We cook something in our crockpot at least twice a week just because it’s a dinner dinner idea and we are super busy with 3 kids and both of us working full time. It’s a lifesaver of an appliance I say.
You don’t want to overcook it. It should be a bit wet, as bread pudding usually is to maintain it’s moist texture and ooey gooey nature. If you love this easy pumpkin crockpot bread pudding recipe you’ve got to try our caramel apple bread pudding too!
Crockpot bread pudding
- Loaf of french bread – day old is best
- Pumpkin puree – canned or here is how to make homemade pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Apples – great addition
- Raisins – great addition
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Bread Pudding
- In a bowl combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin spice. Mix well.
- Cut loaf of bread into cubes, discard ends.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or use a liner.
- Add in 1/3 of bread, half of raisins, and pour 1/3 of pumpkin liquid on top.
- Cover with rest of cubed bread and raisins and/or diced apples. Pour remaining pumpkin mixture on top making sure all pcs of bread are covered.
- Push down bread softly with back of spoon to make sure all pcs have some liquid on them (watch video).
- Cover and cook on high for 1.5 hrs. or low for about 2.5 hours (low turns out much better!). Lift lid off when done and gently stir so bottom of bread pudding is mixed with top pieces (bottom will be wetter so better if gently stirred before serving).
- Melt a cup of vanilla or cream cheese frosting and pour over the top of each serving.