40+ easy slow cooker recipes including crockpot soup, pasta, casseroles and more. Great weeknight dinners for your crockpot to try out this month.
Ready for some set it and forget it cheap comfort food?!! I have 5 crockpots and even during the summertime it is great to throw in one of my easy slow cooker recipes and have it ready at dinner time with really NO effort on my part. Let me share many of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally published 4/16, affiliate links present)
I have a bunch of these to share with y’all.
Let me know which ones turn out to be your favorites and you make over and over again.
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
- If you don’t have a good crockpot that comes with a lid that clips on you can grab the one I love here.
- That way you can make all of our Crockpot dinner ideas in a jiffy.
Let’s start with some easy cheap crockpot meals first shall we?
Easy slow cooker recipes
- Cheesy crockpot lasagna casserole is super popular!
- And how can you go wrong with crockpot spaghetti and meatballs.
Throw in a Crockpot roast with onion soup mix for a hearty meal.
- This crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole is so yummy!
- Our crockpot hamburger helper recipe of ours is to die for!
Crockpot frozen meatballs turn out incredibly well. Use as an appetizer or with butter noodles served for dinner.
You can start with a classic. This easy Crockpot chicken casserole with rice and vegetables is a good beginning.
And if it is the holidays you must try one of these slow cooker turkey recipes.
- Creamy corn chowder in the crockpot is incredible.
- Or for a heartier meal, make Crockpot Mississippi pot roast.
- Crockpot funeral potatoes are always a hit for brunch.
- This slow cooker pulled pork with balsamic is amazing too.
- Our slow cooker stuffed cabbage soup is a fave.
- We love our loaded baked potato soup here and make it every month, even during the Summer time!
Want to use leftover chicken in a hearty and cheap way? Try our easy white chicken chili Crockpot recipe here.
- This is a great crockpot corned beef and cabbage recipe that we make even when it isn’t St.Patricks Day….so good!
- Slow cooker chicken and dumplings is a Southern chicken dinner fave.
- Crockpot crack chicken is next! It’s one of the best crockpot chicken recipes.
And yes we have a lot more crockpot recipes coming up…..
Let’s continue shall we?? We are a family of 5 so I am all about EASY, like as little prep and precooking possible. I hardly ever do that unless it’s beef and I want a sear on the outsides first.
Tell me I’m not alone on this!
- Here’s vegetable beef stew from Sprinkle Some Fun!!
- Another great rustic beef stew is here from Happiness is Homemade!
- Check out this beef fajitas crockpot recipe from A Thrifty Mom.
- Slow cooker soup recipes are always cheap.
- If you’ve never had crockpot pizza casserole and you have kids, you’ve gotta’ make it!!
It’s our easiest easy slow cooker recipes for sure, who doesn’t like pizza??!!
We make Crockpot frozen chicken all the time to use in a variety of other dishes.
- I have two favorite crockpot chili recipes, this one has 4 ingredients and is great.
- My 5 ingredient crockpot chili is my highest performing recipe and pin ever. You gotta’ try this slow cooked meal.
- Here’s a tomato parmesan crockpot soup recipe from Life Currents to try.
- Creamy Crockpot ham and potato soup is cheap and amazing.
Having a crowd over, or want some pure comfort food on a bun? Try our Crockpot pulled pork recipe with just 3 simple ingredients some night.
- Crockpot black eyed peas recipe uses dry beans
- Try this smoky black bean chili soup in the crockpot from Life Currents too.
- Check out this buffalo ranch chicken recipe for the crockpot from The Frugal Girls.
If you need a really dump and go kinda’ meal, try making Crockpot potato soup with frozen hashbrowns.
- Chicken soup in the crockpot is great year round.
They also have a chicken and dumplings slow cooker recipe that I’ve got to try!!
- Here’s a vegetable soup to make in the crockpot that’s a throw it in and go kinda’ meal.
Slow cooker Hoppin John is supposed to bring you luck and prosperity in the New Year. It’s worth a shot!
- Crockpot chicken burrito bowls from Passion for Savings looks amazing!
- She also has a great recipe for crockpot shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches we are going to try soon.
- Another one you may not have tried but is fabulous is stuffed cabbage in the crockpot….seriously!
And if you’re a real cabbage lover we have a big roundup of simple cabbage recipes here too. I don’t know what it was about turning 40, but now I love this green vegetable!
- Try my 3 ingredient shredded chicken recipe if you want a really cheap slow cooker recipe with barbecue sauce and a bit of soy sauce.
- Crockpot beef stroganoff is fabulous and super easy over butter noodles.
- Slow cooker beef brisket is a winner too.
Then give this creamy Crockpot tortellini soup recipe a whirl.
- Cheesy crockpot chicken and rice.
- Ohhhh check out the crock pot pork carnitas recipe from My Crazy Life.
- Have you ever tried crockpot macaroni and cheese…..kids love this version.
- This slow cooker beef stew is fabulous! Add a bit of red wine to take this over the top.
- You can even make baked potatoes in the crockpot and throw some steamed broccoli and cheese or chili on top.
- Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom made a slow cooker corn and sausage chowder that’s on my menu soon.
Did you know you could cook Crockpot ground beef too?? Great for busy days when you’re home but don’t want to stand at the stovetop.
- She also has a great crockpot chicken stew that’s low carb!
- Our Crockpot baked beans recipe is the perfect side dish.
- If you’re looking for slow cooker soups we have lots too.
- Crockpot Hawaiian chicken is delicious.
- This one is fun…..make crockpot pizza some time, it’s great. Pair it with crockpot apple cider for the win.
More easy slow cooker recipes below! If you’ve never made ribs in your crockpot I highly encourage that you try it! You finish them in the oven so they get a nice crisp on the outside but the time in the slow cooker really makes them amazingly tender and gives them a great flavor.
I’ve also made Instant Pot teriyaki ribs if you have one of those!
- We make easy crockpot ribs often and they’re the tenderest you will ever try!
- Our easy crockpot lasagna recipe is REALLY popular there’s no noodle cooking involved which I love.
- You can make chicken enchilada soup in the crockpot and it’s a great meal with a side of bread.
- Have you ever cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot, it turns out so juicy!
- Who Needs a Cape has an amazing brown sugar and balsamic glazed pork loin you can make in your slow cooker!
- Tastes of Lizzy T’s has a great slow cooker swiss steak recipe!
- You can even cook chicken alfredo in the crockpot with Persnickety Plate’s recipe.
- She has another one for honey bourbon chicken that looks amazing too.
- TIP – here’s how to clean the inside of your crockpot, if you’ve never done it you MUST!
- Num’s the Word has a great slow cooker barbeque chicken sandwich recipe here.
- Nobody said you couldn’t have breakfast for dinner, try this egg casserole some time.
- Kenarry Ideas for the Home has another potato ham soup you can make in your crock!
- There’s just 3 ingredients in this homemade orange chicken in the crockpot recipe.
So, those are our 40 easy slow cooker recipes but we are adding new ones each month so keep this post handy. I also have over 100+ Instant Pot recipes for even more dinner ideas.
- Crockpot sesame chicken for the win too.
- Then try Crockpot steak and potatoes.
- Lemon pepper chicken in a slow cooker is great too
- And potato cheese soup in a Crockpot is made often
We hope this list of easy slow cooker recipes helps schedule your meals for the whole month so you can relax a bit and eat together more often!
- What is your favorite thing to cook in your crockpot?? I’d love to hear it so we can add it to our list and maybe add it to our rotation if we love it enough. 😉
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉