Fall off the bone slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings that are spicy and sweet at the same time! Perfect crockpot appetizer or dinner idea we all love!
Ok so I’m a sucker for some fall off the bone wings! I think a lot of people would agree with me, they’re the perfect appetizer or meal really. Slow cooker dinner recipes are the best especially when I’m gone all day but I want to make sure I have a complete meal done by the time I return home. It’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes with chicken nowadays. (originally published 12/17)
I might say these slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings are my favorite appetizer! Maybe because I was born in HI and lived there for many years.
If you follow The Typical Mom blog at all you also know I’m all about my pressure cooker too. A great device for busy families.
- Once you try this recipe you’ll have to try our Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe too. They’re to die for!
I have a few crockpots. My really large 8 qt., two 6 qts., a 4 qt., and a mini one for dips are in my cupboard. Totally normal right?? I use my 6 qts. most often and even if you wanted to make a really big batch of these they would fit into this. The key is you want all the wings to be submerged in your homemade teriyaki sauce.
- If you double this recipe you may want to make 1.5x the sauce to make sure they’re covered.
Also, add as much spice as you want.
Taste the sauce after whisking it together to see if you want a bit more before pouring into your slow cooker.
This is what you’ll need to make slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings that you may not have in your house already:
- Hoisin sauce
- Sesame seeds
Seriously, when they’re done the meat just falls off! I like to flip them halfway through to make sure they really soak up the teriyaki sauce well. If you can’t though they’ll still be amazing.
Once you’ve tried these crockpot teriyaki chicken wings you’ll love these other dinner ideas:
Here are the instructions to follow now:
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Rinse your chicken wings and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl whisk all of your other ingredients together, but only whisk in about 2 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Spray bottom of crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken wings in your slow cooker so they overlap as little as possible.
- Pour sauce over the top. Turn your slow cooker to High for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- If you're home flip wings halfway thru cooking time.
- About 20 minutes before serving spoon a cup or two of your hot liquid into a bowl and whisk in remaining 1-2 tbsp. of cornstarch until smooth (if you want it thicker do this). Pour back into crockpot and cook remaining time.
- If you want the wings to be crispy put them on a baking sheet (I would put some parchment paper down first so they don't stick) and into your oven on the broil setting for about 5 minutes or until the outside is as brown and crispy as you'd like them.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉