Egg noodles and chicken in slow cooker or boiled is a great one pot meal. Use egg noodles or Reames frozen noodles with vegetables too. Leave as is or add more broth to make it more like our Crockpot chicken soup.
We made this with a bit of a tweak this time and it came out great! With ingredients from our Mississippi chicken idea the meat was cooked until melt in your mouth tender and then the pasta was folded in. If you haven’t cooked with pepperoncini peppers yet you’re in for a treat with this this one. (affiliate links present)
Slow Cooker Egg Noodles and Chicken
OK so you could totally make this in a Dutch Oven or large pot on your stovetop too. But why?? Slow cooking is the way to go when you are busy, and that we are. When I first started out as a food blogger that is all I made. It is how my mom cooked and you kinda’ revert to all those Crock Pot recipes you remember as a kid.
Then you venture out once you get bored. Since then I have made all the things. Yes meat comes out great in this thing but the older I got the bolder flavors I wanted. Swapping out water for chicken broth, pickle juice, or in this case pepperoncini juices makes such a difference and brings the flavors to an all new level.
You really could use any sort of pasta to make this Crockpot chicken recipe but wide egg noodles is my fave. If I have frozen noodles on hand I will use those too and will explain both for you.
Reames Chicken and Noodles
If you wanted to cook Reames noodles with chicken you would need to cook on high the first steps as stated. Pour the amount you would like on the top with 2-3 cups of broth or enough for them to be submerged in the liquid into the pot. Cover and cook for another 60 minutes or until they are tender to your liking.
1. Fill a large pot with enough water to fully cover the frozen egg noodles.
2. Add a pinch of salt to the water for flavor.
3. Bring the water to a rolling boil on high heat.
4. Add frozen Reames noodles to the pot of boiling water.
5. Stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking together.
6. Boil for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until tender and fully cooked.
7. Drain them in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
8. For this recipe – pour into your slow cooker and fold chicken and noodles together!
I have made this a few times. Yes I do love one pot meals of all kinds and have made chicken and noodles Instant Pot style before together but don’t with this. I explain how to do it below so you have a choice but it takes quite a bit of time to get them tender in the pot that I will typically boil them separately.
Frozen Chicken and Noodles
And YES you can in fact start with your meat from frozen, right out of the freezer. Seriously Crockpot frozen chicken is a game changer y’all.
- I don’t always remember to prep all the things either so hear me out. One thing you will have to remember is to separate your pieces. I like medium size breasts for this.
If they are stuck in one hunk just run them under cool water and break apart with your hands. Believe it or not it won’t take any longer time wise for slow cooker frozen chicken and noodles to get done. Since it sits in the hot liquid it will defrost, cook, and fall apart the same way here. You’ll need;
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts – thighs would work too but I would use 4-6 of those
- Packet of Ranch dressing mix
- Gravy mix chicken gravy style
- Celery chopped, optional
- Carrots peeled and cut into dials, optional
- 1 c Pepperoncini peppers + 1/4 cup of the juice out of the jar
- 2 c egg noodles uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste when done
You really could almost double the veggies too if you wanted or just leave them out if you love plain jane dishes. For a quick throw together version you could dice up a rotisserie chicken and make this same sauce. Leave covered on low for a few hours cooking time to let it really soak up, still pure comfort food y’all.
Egg Noodles Chicken and Vegetables
I mean once everything is thrown in there you just let it go. Come back when you’re ready to eat at the end of the day. What I do is right before I take the chicken out to shred it I start to boil the water for the pasta. Chop or pull the meat into smaller pieces on a cutting board, throw the shredded chicken back into the pot to soak.
In that time I can get the noodles tender separately and give the meat some time to soak up more of those wonderful flavors in the liquid. You just;
- Place chicken into the slow cooker.
- Add both dressing mixes, celery and carrots (or use a bag of frozen vegetables), chicken broth, pepperoncini peppers and juice.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 until chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
- Remove meat from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return the cooked chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cook the noodles in a medium pot. once done, drain water and add into the pot.
Stir ingredients together and slow cooker chicken and noodles is done!
Boiled Chicken and Egg Noodles
If you would rather use a large pot to make this Crockpot chicken and noodles recipe I have instructions for that too. You’d essentially make our boiled chicken breasts recipe with water or broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks. While meat is cooling, bring the chicken broth to a boil and add the noodles. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are nice and tender.
In a separate pan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp minced garlic and saute for a few minutes until it starts to smell wonderful. Add the meat to the pan with the garlic and butter, tossing to combine. Drain the noodles and add them to the chicken and garlic mixture, tossing gently to combine.
If you wanted it to be creamy you could fold in a can of cream of celery soup with a dash of onion powder and garlic powder. Either way, serve the boiled chicken and noodles in bowls, topped with chopped fresh parsley and some shredded parmesan cheese on top too!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Egg Noodles and Chicken
- Place chicken into the slow cooker. Add the Ranch dressing mix, chicken gravy mix, celery, carrots, chicken broth, pepperoncini pepper slices, and pepperoncini juice.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7, or until chicken is cooked through and fork tender. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Boil the noodles in a medium pot. once done, drain water and add noodles into the slow cooker. Stir and serve! Enjoy!
- ** If you wanted to cook noodles with chicken you would need to cook on high the first steps as stated. Pour uncooked noodles on the top with 2-3 cups of broth or enough for them to be submerged in the liquid into the pot. Cover and cook for another 60 minutes or until they are tender to your liking.