This easy crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole is a hit in my house! Cheesy noodles with moist pieces of pesto chicken together makes a complete meal.
If you love easy one pot slow cooker meals, you’ll love this crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole! Just 5 ingredients is all you need to make this rich cheesy dinner that’s ready in just a few hours. One of our favorite crockpot recipes. 😉 Sponsored by HemisFares. (affiliate links present)
Slow Cooker Alfredo
The longer this meal sits the thicker the pesto alfredo sauce becomes. Then when you add the mozzarella cheese it’s a comfort food dish even your kids will want another helping of.
Ready to give this slow cooker casserole a whirl? It is easy to do and you can use any sort of medium size noodles you like. With kids I love using the twisty type because it makes them smile.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
It started with a jar of pesto I had in the pantry. I love those flavors but it really needs another richer one to bring it to the next level.
Yes you can also make your own but I’m about ready to use sauces when we have a busy day ahead of us. Here we go…….
Do you love crockpot meals too?? As a busy mom of 3 who works full time I depend on anything and everything to make my life easier.
Being able to pop these 4 ingredients into my slow cooker and have the meat come out moist, cheesy, with a hint of my favorite pesto is my kind of meal. Comfort food at it’s finest. 😉
Crockpot chicken alfredo
To make things easier you can of course use jarred sauce. If you do want to go from scratch and homemade you really can make pesto with pine nuts in less than 10 minutes flat.
- Pesto (the whole jar)
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Alfredo sauce (1 jar – or make your own from scratch)
- 2 cups uncooked noodles (any variety)
- Garnishes and added yumminess
Green onion or chives and parmesan cheese can be sprinkled on the top. For a vegetable side dish if you have two pots, give our slow cooker brussel sprouts recipe a whirl.
Pesto Alfredo Recipe
Yummy right??!! This meal I can make when I get home from picking the kids up from school because it only takes 2 hours to cook! I speed up the process by dicing the chicken up beforehand into small bite size pieces which makes them super tender. You can make it easier by following our Instant Pot Olive Garden chicken pasta recipe.
Serve it with a side salad or garlic bread and you’ve got the creamiest most delicious meal ever!
This is also a great meal for last minute planning since it is easy to throw together, and something I always have on hand.
I keep frozen chicken breasts in the freezer for “just in case busy days”. The other jarred items are stocked in my pantry so I always know I have a feel good crockpot meal ready to go.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
If you’re looking for a deliciously quick slow cooker meal that everyone in your house will enjoy. OR something yummy to take to a potluck during the holiday season, this crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole is it!
Crockpot Pesto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Cut your chicken into bite size pieces.
- Pour them into your crockpot and cover with the entire bottle of Hemisfares Pesto, stir well so all pieces are coated.
- Pour 1/2 of your bottle of alfredo sauce on top of that. Stir or leave alone, either is fine.
- Put your lid on and set on low for 2 hours (or until chicken is nice and tender like you like it).
- On the stovetop cook noodles and when pesto chicken alfredo is done, pour cooked noodles in and mix well with the rest of your alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese. Put lid on for 5 more minutes to warm and then Serve!
- * optional – can stir in uncooked noodles after 2 hours with remaining sauce, stir, and continue cooking for another 30-45 minutes or until noodles are desired tenderness. There will be less sauce in the end if you do it this way and we prefer adding cooked noodles, but both are delicious.