This easy crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole is a hit in my house! Cheesy noodles with moist pieces of pesto chicken together makes a complete meal.
If you love easy one pot slow cooker meals, you’ll love this crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole! Just 5 ingredients is all you need to make this rich cheesy dinner that’s ready in just a few hours. The longer it sits the thicker the pesto alfredo sauce becomes. Then when you add the mozzarella cheese it’s a comfort food dish even your kids will want another helping of. It’s now one of our favorite crockpot recipes here on The Typical Mom. 😉 Special thanks goes out to HemisFares for sponsoring this post so we could share our easy dinner idea with you.
Here we go…….
Do you love crockpot meals too?? As a busy mom of 3 who works full time I depend on anything and everything to make my life easier. Being able to pop these 4 ingredients into my slow cooker and have the meat come out moist, cheesy, with a hint of my favorite pesto is my kind of meal.
Comfort food at it’s finest. 😉
If you’re all about simple ingredients creating the perfect feel good meal, let me tell you what you need to make this easy crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole.
- HemisFares Pesto (the whole jar)
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Alfredo sauce (1 jar – or make your own from scratch)
- 2 cups uncooked noodles (any variety)
- Garnishes and added yumminess
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Green onion or chives
Yummy right??!! This meal I can make when I get home from picking the kids up from school because it only takes 2 hours to cook! I speed up the process by dicing the chicken up beforehand into small bite size pieces which makes them super tender. Serve it with a side salad and you’ve got the creamiest most delicious meal ever!
This is also a great meal for last minute planning since it is easy to throw together, and something I always have on hand.
I keep frozen chicken breasts in the freezer for “just in case busy days”. The other jarred items are stocked in my pantry so I always know I have a feel good crockpot meal ready to go.
Here’s a video showing you how to make it:
Crockpot Pesto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 1 jar Pesto 4.58 oz.
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 jar alfredo sauce 16 oz.
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese more if desired
- 2 c uncooked noodles
- Cut your chicken into bite size pieces.
- Pour them into your crockpot and cover with the entire bottle of Hemisfares Pesto, stir well so all pieces are coated.
- Pour 1/2 of your bottle of alfredo sauce on top of that. Stir or leave alone, either is fine.
- Put your lid on and set on low for 2 hours (or until chicken is nice and tender like you like it).
- On the stovetop cook noodles and when pesto chicken alfredo is done, pour cooked noodles in and mix well with the rest of your alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese. Put lid on for 5 more minutes to warm and then Serve!
- * optional - can stir in uncooked noodles after 2 hours with remaining sauce, stir, and continue cooking for another 30-45 minutes or until noodles are desired tenderness. There will be less sauce in the end if you do it this way and we prefer adding cooked noodles, but both are delicious.
If you’re looking for a deliciously quick slow cooker meal that everyone in your house will enjoy, or something yummy to take to a potluck during the holiday season, this crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole is it!